Cardboard, Softcase or Snaplock - Which AES packaging do you like most?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Agreed, that softcase feel and smell are great, but the snaplock always seemed to me to be a more efficient and professional packaging option.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Soft case if they are in good condition.

I prefer the look of the snaplock, but the SNK logo scratches the carts and the insert is somewhat unsupported at the margins, lending themselves to insert creases.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm a sucker for the snap lock case. I love the design and protection it offers. Also the snk logo on the inside is a nice touch.

Both the old and new style cases can fall apart over time if you're not careful.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
As a person who only owned MVS, I request extensive pictures to show the differences. Thanks in advance.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
As a person who only owned MVS, I request extensive pictures to show the differences. Thanks in advance.

Not extensive, but there you go...

Tell me that Ghost Pilots isn’t beautiful. Thanks again Tw3ek :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cheers mate. I've rarely seen cardboard boxes, very cool. Best thing about Ghost Pilots might be that box.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The cardboard boxes are nice. Also they aren't as flimsy as the Snes and Nes boxes. It's hard to find them without some sort of wear because of there age and how they were handled over the years but still cool to see.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm not trolling when I say this - but I love the cardboard boxes. At one point I had nearly every release, I think. Was a fool to sell them off.

Now I have about 4 or 5 that I've slowly re-bought.

Weird neo moe fetishes aside tho, snaplock are easily the "best".

i will admit, I wasn’t expecting that, but maybe I should have, this is neo-geo.com after all. Well at least there’s one person to appreciate cardboard games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That might be the nicest condition hobo AES box I've ever seen!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
There’s just something iconic about those old soft cases, even if they’re not as luxurious as the snaplocks

Attachments

• 008D35EA-70BF-4701-8E1D-D858F476EF58.jpeg
    008D35EA-70BF-4701-8E1D-D858F476EF58.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6