Car Enthusiast Thread

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
And remember that Car and Driver is written by a bunch of panzies. I do have that magazine issue along with Road & Tracks and MotorTrend, which also made comparisons between th e Z06 and the Viper Coupe. And guess what, the other magazines stated the the Z06 has a better handling than the Viper. As a matter of fact, the Viper beated the Z06 in straight line performance (0-60, etc).

And remember you are talking to a guy who used to own a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo and a 1995 BMW M3, so I know a little bit about handling. ;)

the corvette is the best bang for your buck when it comes to sports cars. Considering it's making marks not too far from the SLR and it's about half a mil less you gotta wonder which is the better buy.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
when are we going to see pictures of mushiki's ferrari?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
when are we going to see pictures of mushiki's ferrari?

is it that important really? I mean, you want me to kill all the mistery surrounding her!

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
theres not much cooler than personal pictures of a ferrari.

put an ngh cart in the drivers seat and snap some shots.

cmon :D

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
theres not much cooler than personal pictures of a ferrari.

put an ngh cart in the drivers seat and snap some shots.

cmon :D

I have no NGH carts left, only MVS T.T

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
meh chevy needs to bring back the camino. and that is all i have to say about that.

Holden has that el camino clone in aussieland with the ls1 in it, and it is sex on wheels. Awesome looking car. It's too bad GM won't bring it over as the el camino though. From what I read a while ago, they considered it, but then decided the market wasn't ready for such a car here.

Matt

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Force said:
Holden has that el camino clone in aussieland with the ls1 in it, and it is sex on wheels. Awesome looking car. It's too bad GM won't bring it over as the el camino though. From what I read a while ago, they considered it, but then decided the market wasn't ready for such a car here.

Matt
Yep, it's called the Holden Ute. I think I posted a picture a few pages back. ;)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Force said:

Matt
oh what the fuck ever. every texan who is any kind of person wants the el camino back. those things sold like hotcakes over here and GM could have easily sold every camino they ever built in the state of texas simply because people loved em. part truck part car the hauling capacity, the speed, and the badassness. that car sold amazingly well in the south. GM is just a bunch of pussies is all.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Guys, lets stop this nonsense and talk about how great my Mark VIII is. :kekeke:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Guys, lets stop this nonsense and talk about how great my Mark VIII is. :kekeke:
you know there's three of us here that own one. we could band together and form some sort of super cool group.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
you know there's three of us here that own one. we could band together and form some sort of super cool group.

I nominate myself President!

Although I had a pre-owned 944 Turbo. I did have a brand new 1995 BMW M3 which I bought brand new in June 1995. :angry:

I never questioned your dad because you never quoted him. Oh and by the way the third generation RX-7 was a mechanical POS, and that is a fact!

Sorry, but if you take whatever C&D writes as law, then you are a wuss. The C&D staff are panzies and that is a fact. If you want realistic performance numbers, go read Road & Track!

Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, but you owned beater sportscars. :p

My dad owned a brand new 944 Turbo (1989) and brand new third gen RX-7 (1993). He also used to work for GM. I tend to listen to him on these statements. And to think C&D are "panzies" is a rather poor statement considering they always have the best performance numbers out of any car magazine, period.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
so i was talking to this jamaican guy today about his triumph collection. he owns two TR6's and a spitifre. and he was showing me what he'd done to them and how he'd gotten them and talking about triumph and all this stuff and then it hit me. i want to see an MG midget and a TR6 go head to head 20 laps on infineon would tell us which is better. but yeah i helped him remove and rebuild one of his carbs. i had no idea british carburetors were so different from american ones but hey gotta learn sometime

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Although I had a pre-owned 944 Turbo. I did have a brand new 1995 BMW M3 which I bought brand new in June 1995. :angry:

I never questioned your dad because you never quoted him. Oh and by the way the third generation RX-7 was a mechanical POS, and that is a fact!
Third gen RX-7 a mechanical POS? Maybe it's because people don't know how to maintain a Wankel engine. :kekeke:

Not a single problem with that car when my dad owned it for over 5 years. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.
Sorry, but if you take whatever C&D writes as law, then you are a wuss. The C&D staff are panzies and that is a fact. If you want realistic performance numbers, go read Road & Track!
R&T's numbers suck. You just listen to them and think it's fact? That's laughable.

C&D always pulls the best 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times and skidpad tests. I think they're a more credible source than R&T.

Plus, I also listen to almost anything Tiff from Fifth Gear says mainly because he was a professional race car driver.

Lets Gekiga In said:
Third gen RX-7 a mechanical POS? Maybe it's because people don't know how to maintain a Wankel engine. :kekeke:

Not a single problem with that car when my dad owned it for over 5 years. NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

Keeping the car in the garage and only using it for a Sunday drive does NOT count.

Anyway, I will post info about it tomorrow.

Lets Gekiga In said:
R&T's numbers suck. You just listen to them and think it's fact? That's laughable.

C&D always pulls the best 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times and skidpad tests. I think they're a more credible source than R&T.

Plus, I also listen to almost anything Tiff from Fifth Gear says mainly because he was a professional race car driver.

Just because C&D offers the "best" numbers that does not necesseraly mean that they are realistic. Heck, you should listen to car manufactures because they offer the best performance numbers for their products. :rolleyes:

R&T offer's more realistic ones, and on a recent issue they explained how they do come with those numbers. If I find it, I will also post it tomorrow...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Consider that when automakers create those numbers, they adjust for an SAE standard day in their calculations.

Magazine authors would more likely be giving you raw/averaged data.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Keeping the car in the garage and only using it for a Sunday drive does NOT count.

Anyway, I will post info about it tomorrow.

It was his daily driver, bud. You might actually want to know information before making such assumptions.

Just because you hate Wankel engines, you don't have to take it out on the RX-7.

Just because C&D offers the "best" numbers that does not necesseraly mean that they are realistic. Heck, you should listen to car manufactures because they offer the best performance numbers for their products. :rolleyes:

R&T offer's more realistic ones, and on a recent issue they explained how they do come with those numbers. If I find it, I will also post it tomorrow...

Yeah, because they (C&D) offer the best numbers, they must suck! :rolleyes:

I don't understand how you can show so much hatred toward a car magazine. :kekeke:

Lets Gekiga In said:
It was his daily driver, bud. You might actually want to know information before making such assumptions.

Just because you hate Wankel engines, you don't have to take it out on the RX-7.

Please tell me when I stated that I hated a Wankel engine. I just said that the third gen RX-7 is a mechanical POS. To be honest with you I was interested on one, but until a read an article from R&T, which offered information from that car from actual owner surveys, it showed that the car is a mechanical nightmare. Again I will post it tomorrow...

Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, because they (C&D) offer the best numbers, they must suck! :rolleyes:

I don't understand how you can show so much hatred toward a car magazine. :kekeke:

I do not hate Car and Driver, that feeling will go towards Autoweek. I am just stating that just because they offer their best numbers that does not mean that they are offering more realistic ones.

And now that I think about it this whole Car and Driver discussion started because you said that Car and Driver claimed that the Z06's suspension was soft. So if Car and Driver says so it most be true. Yeah, right.

So who is making assumptions now buddy? :smirk:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Please tell me when I stated that I hated a Wankel engine. I just said that the third gen RX-7 is a mechanical POS. To be honest with you I was interested on one, but until a read an article from R&T, which offered information from that car from actual owner surveys, it showed that the car is a mechanical nightmare. Again I will post it tomorrow...
You never said you liked ANY Wankel engine powered car previously and only mention how RX-7 is a "mechanical POS."

So who is making assumptions now buddy? :smirk:

Why do I get the feeling whenever you post you come off as a smug asshole? :smirk: