CALEXIT: Californians want to exit the U.S. after Trump痴 presidential win

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
When it comes to CA you also need to look at voting by county. While the state votes solidly democrat check out all the counties that didn't vote Dem.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This thread makes me think about those Scottish losers who feel that they want out of the UK because the UK voted for Brexit....

It's fucking crybabies who don't live in the real world and want to stamp their foot... and shout real loud...

On a side note to all Scottish members... your Nicola Sturgeon just got told to fuck off in a 10 Billion Chinese deal... due to the fact that your dumbass First Minister is another egostical coont stain... and has no real power...

Admit it Scotland needs the citizens of England to subsidise your heroin and Fried Mars bars... Just like Cali' needs the rest of the Union...

xROTx

True I can see some similarities, but California leaving the US is pie in the sky nonsense whereas Scotland leaving Britain is not just likely but inevitable. As soon as oil prices are at a reasonable level again it's bye bye haggis munchers.

Just like brexit, however, it will be a decade long legal argument about who gets what, when, and under what conditions. Also, we'll need border control between Ireland and Northern Ireland, and England and Scotland then.

Yay brexit.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just like brexit, however, it will be a decade long legal argument about who gets what, when, and under what conditions. Also, we'll need border control between Ireland and Northern Ireland, and England and Scotland then.

REBUILD HADRIAN"S WALL

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
True I can see some similarities, but California leaving the US is pie in the sky nonsense whereas Scotland leaving Britain is not just likely but inevitable. As soon as oil prices are at a reasonable level again it's bye bye haggis munchers.

Yay brexit.

Wanna bet?

Scotland won't leave the UK... the Heroin taking... Mars chomping... Benefit Lifestyles of the Majority of the Scottish Population know they be fooked without the rest of the UK subsidising them..

xROTx

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
When it comes to CA you also need to look at voting by county. While the state votes solidly democrat check out all the counties that didn't vote Dem.

That seems to be a lot of places. Urban centers tend to go blue and rural areas go red. Take Chicago out of Illinois and you have a very bigly red state.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I really don't think he is.

He strikes me as a 3d party candidate that ramrodded his way into the republican seat, which I find amusing.

Donald Trump is(was) a life long democrat. He voted that way, supported them largely with fund raisers, events, media visits, large repeated donations. Amusingly also was besties with the Clintons and had them at his wedding to Melania. He rolled into the GOP camp because he had no chance going against his friend on the left. He railroaded the shit out of most the GOP candidates and the last few hangers on just quit when it was inevitable. He was what was once considered a blue dog democrat where you lean left on social matters and lean right on the fiscal, something of a (if possible) a responsible politician by design. The current democratic party has no love or use for them and they've been shoved out of the senate and soon the house as things go. The time with Trump is ripe for a third party to rise up that is a blue dog democrat/true libertarian type style of party and it would probably track pretty damn well in a short few years.

Facts are the GOP and the DNC lost this year, neither one of them won with a candidate to back their needs. Trump was the fuck you vote, and easily could have been an establishment republican (instead of Hillary) vs him and the democrat and the same large numbers would have run out to vote for the guy. Him using the GOP backbone to fundraise and get out ads that didn't cost him anything personally was a stroke of genius.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
And a very broke one.

LOL...boy, I just love that joke...it never gets old.

Fuck Chicago, fuck their "revenue", fuck their spending, fuck their politics. Plenty of states get along without a megaplex like Chicago, Illinois would be one of them.

If Chicago is such a winner for the rest of the state, why do downstate people get taxed to support the city?

Chicago may bring in a ton of $$...but they spend even more. Illinois is flat busted broke, wanna take a guess why that is?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its all posturing. Drawing lines in the sand and chest beating to demonstrate where they stand, and what they'll fight for during the next four years. California isn't going to secede, just like Texas didn't. Doing so would be foolish, and they know it.

Considering Trump's horrendous and brazen rhetoric during his campaign, this should be of no surprise to anyone that strong language and protests are everywhere. You reap what you sow, and its only going to get worse from here. The next four years are going to be an awful shitfest of political and civil fighting.

The left, a good chunk of the center, and some on the right are pissed, and they're going to make their voices heard.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Meanwhile.. In Woodside, CA

Hi, I am a Warrior for Peace, Justice and the American Way

Today I earned a rapsheet

https://youtu.be/V6MDq9y8xoc

Real mature, at another site I brought up something like this where a 50 year old man was dragged out and beaten in a chicago street and I got crap for it saying I'm trouble and I've been quite clear I don't like either candidate. The left only care of stifling people who don't agree, and when words fail and getting power fails, it falls to thug tactics.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Its all posturing. Drawing lines in the sand and chest beating to demonstrate where they stand, and what they'll fight for during the next four years. California isn't going to secede, just like Texas didn't. Doing so would be foolish, and they know it.

Considering Trump's horrendous and brazen rhetoric during his campaign, this should be of no surprise to anyone that strong language and protests are everywhere. You reap what you sow, and its only going to get worse from here. The next four years are going to be an awful shitfest of political and civil fighting.

The left, a good chunk of the center, and some on the right are pissed, and they're going to make their voices heard.

...and those cries will fall on deaf ears.

What is protesting, really? There's a fine line between standing up for one's rights and plain old cunting about something.

If your rights are violated, if you feel your rights have been wronged, take a stand, raise your voice, it stands a good chance of being heard.

Bitching because you lost is just that...bitching. People despise whiny cunts.

Here's the straight skinny. Extreme left supports have bashed (and I mean BASHED) anyone who didn't support their views with cries of sexism, racism or insults against people's intelligence or integrity. It's been a fucking flood no matter where you look and its being going on for years. So they pissed off the opposition, and even some of those on their same team.

What do they do next?

Their team then brings a fucking abysmal candidate to the game and they got their ass kicked.

Now they're taking to the streets, once again, to cunt and moan about it. This isn't a rights violation, this is lamenting a loss. This isn't protesting, this is bitching and countless millions of Americans, regardless of political affiliation, are just plain sick of it.

If I were a reasonable Democrat, I'd be protesting not only my own party, but the extremist idiots that gave my party a huge black eye.

Real mature, at another site I brought up something like this where a 50 year old man was dragged out and beaten in a chicago street and I got crap for it saying I'm trouble and I've been quite clear I don't like either candidate. The left only care of stifling people who don't agree, and when words fail and getting power fails, it falls to thug tactics.

Don't.

Don't fall for it.

This isn't left supporters attacking right supporters (or the other way around), it is scumbag human beings looking for an excuse to harm another. This has ZERO to do with political affiliation, nothing.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This thread makes me think about those Scottish losers who feel that they want out of the UK because the UK voted for Brexit....

It's fucking crybabies who don't live in the real world and want to stamp their foot... and shout real loud...

On a side note to all Scottish members... your Nicola Sturgeon just got told to fuck off in a 10 Billion Chinese deal... due to the fact that your dumbass First Minister is another egostical coont stain... and has no real power...

Admit it Scotland needs the citizens of England to subsidise your heroin and Fried Mars bars... Just like Cali' needs the rest of the Union...

xROTx

So... Trainspotting is pretty accurate then?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Don't.

Don't fall for it.
impulsive violent sociopaths can't tell the difference between right and wrong or form a coherent ideology on their own but the people goading them can.

you understand exactly what is taking place

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

It'll be bumpy at first, but a couple of months in, after people see trump isn't the 'wacky maverick' he's tried to portray himself as, people will be bored and life will go on as normal. He'll be just like those before him and those after him, only he'll do it without grace or dignity and a large portion of the populace will love him for it. Just like how all the kids love sweary grandpa.

I do think he will build the wall though, it's just too symbolic and physical for him to avoid doing.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So... Trainspotting is pretty accurate then?

Pretty much...

The problem I have with the Scottish people and their Politicians is this massive chip they have on their shoulders...

Z'OMG... you invaded... You took us over... and brought wealth and security to us...

WE WANT FFRREEE___DDDUUMMMBBBBBBBB!!!...

During the Scottish Refendum... the English people wanted to vote these freeloading cuntstains out of the UK... they get about £2K per citizen more in subsidies than the rest of the UK...

This is to keep their ginger freeloading self centred childish cuntish shit for brains heroin addicted useless waste of skin...

xROTx

PS. Fuck You Scotland...

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

i make fun of both sides and i don't give a fuck.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Plenty of states get along without a megaplex like Chicago,

That is because those states depend on the federal government. Illinois residents are the 3rd least dependent on the Federal government (and likely a net payer). The state government is the 10th least dependent on the federal government.

Last edited: