Buy Rite games out of business

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
neosportskid said:
Shawn used to work for them no?

I'm starting to find your posts funny. Not because you're funny, but because
you have this bitterness towards the owner of this site for whatever reason.
Yes, there were misunderstandings, and they all have been fixed.
What I don't get is
the point of saying the samething over and over? Were you scammed by Shawn?
are you aware that you're on his web-site etc?

Stop your bullshit already, it's ridiculous.

Oh and btw, feel free to rob me anytime, I would be glad to decapitate you
with my sister .12 asshole.

neosportskid

Banned
No, the ss2 cart i bought still has sound malfunctions and it was way overpriced.
And thats not all.
I would rather smash your face in than rob you. :lol:
You gets no respect from me or anyone.

dbarrett0928

Banned
great news

i NEVER PERSONALLY DEALT WITH BUY RITE YET I DID READ A LOT IF POST CONTAINING BAD FEEDBACK ON THEM AND I DID CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AND THEY WERE FAR OVERPRICED SO I HAD A FEELING THEY WOULDNT LAST IN THE INDUSTRY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
wow... thats all I have to say.

yeah.. they messed up alot. If they would have just fixed their problems in a timely manner.... they would have done ok.

I wonder if they will try to set up another company under a new name.
It could very well happen.

†B†V†

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Badnews for buyrite.net I can understand why the reason business gone bad for them, a years ago I used to do business with them and its a poor deal in terms of communications. :confused:

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict
I ordered from them many times (b4 I opened my own Video Game store) and never had problems, well ok one problem......

I had an order coming the day b4 x-mas weekend and the UPS man came in and had my order from Buy Rite and it was a COD. I had the Money Order all ready and I hand it to the UPS guy and I find out they overcharged my order! They overcharged me by ONE PENNY! Not the worste in the world, however UPS doesn't accept cash NO MATTER HOW MUCH! So I had to walk down to the drug store to get a MO for one friggin' cent! The cashier looked at me as if I were on crack or something. At least the UPS guy had to make stop at said drug store or I'd of had to wait 4 more days for my order.

Hitmanxlt

Cham Cham's Banana
If only i'd known this was gonna happen i woulda got up w/ some local members and robbed that damned place blind before they went out. Althought in my experiences there was one good employee at buyrite...a short long haired hippy guy, who actually turned me onto the neo scene and helped me get my cabinet. I hope he finds a much better business that'll appreciate him....for the rest of the company....BURN.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
AKscrube said:
the irony here is...my one and only transaction with buy rite was indeed a very successful one...how many people can actually say that?

I can. In fact, I did many transactions with them with no problems.

How many people can say that?!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
A EYE 4 AN EYE!!

eyeforaneye.jpg

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
YeldellGW said:
I can. In fact, I did many transactions with them with no problems.

How many people can say that?!

I can.

The only problems I had were the shipping took too long, and there were never any packing materials in the box. Luckily my orders were correct and undamaged. But once I learned how to search for games on the net, I realized their products were overpriced.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
slight shipping issues here too but all was ok in the end

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Wow, that is fantastic news!! :buttrock:

I placed an order with them a while back for a broadband adapter for my dreamcast (silly me). I received the item and found it to be defective. I tried calling them a whole bunch of times and never once got a live person. I emailed them a bunch of times and never got a response. I ended up sending them a certified mail letter that they had to sign for. They signed it well within their return policy period. Then, a few days after the return policy period ended, they sent me a letter saying that they just received my request for a return, that it was passed the return policy date, and that there was nothing they could do.

:blow_top: :blow_top: :blow_top: :lol:

Needless to say, I was very upset. I considered taking them to court.. But, I was so tired of dealing with it that I felt it wasn't worth the effort and just ate the bad BB adapter. One of these days I'll hafta take it apart and see if I can fix it. =P

So.. YAY! No more BuyRite! :kekeke:

dansc

n00b
finally :D i was one of their victim..ive bought a CVS 2 arcade stick about $70..and they never send me the item... :blow_top:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
msu89dawgs said:
I did a search, and couldn't find any other posts about this on the forums. If another thread about this topic exists, sorry for the redundancy.

Saw this on CheapAssGamer's site, looks like Buy Rite finally got shut down. I never did business with them, after reading so many horror stories from people who had. I guess they finally got what had been coming to them for a long time.

Here's the link to the North Carolina BBB web site report

GOOD FUCKIN' RIDDANCE, sure took long enough for that dipwad company to be put six feet under. Still don't understand how they stayed in business as long as they did. :conf:

XSkater2099

Morden's Lackey
Thank fucking god, i got ripped from there and it took forever for me to get my moeny back, i had to call the BBB and everything.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Does anybody remember Dolphinlord's "Buywrong" sig? Had like flaming pentagrams and goat's heads or something like that....hilarious...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Billkwando said:
Does anybody remember Dolphinlord's "Buywrong" sig? Had like flaming pentagrams and goat's heads or something like that....hilarious...

I havent seen dave post here in forever, I used to talk to him on ICQ and he flat out dissapeared, probably got bored of the site. Wish I could do the same sometimes.

FLADIPO

Banned
great

great news - ive never personally dealt with them other than sending emails and asking ?'s about product and they were never quick enough with responses or i didnt get one at all...they have screwed a lot of people so im glad they got shut down

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Hitmanxlt said:
If only i'd known this was gonna happen i woulda got up w/ some local members and robbed that damned place blind before they went out. Althought in my experiences there was one good employee at buyrite...a short long haired hippy guy, who actually turned me onto the neo scene and helped me get my cabinet. I hope he finds a much better business that'll appreciate him....for the rest of the company....BURN.

That makes two of us man. I always had evil thoughts of just driving by there one night and setting fire to the place. Well now thats not possible but if you really want to lash out at them they are operating out of the flea market in Cary on the weekends....now as is policy in that flea market you arent supposed to be able to run or rent booth space if you have had a business that went out of business under bad circumstances. I say lets go have them put out before they can attempt to rebuild.

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
Excellent news, though I never dealt with them I could see that a lot of things were very overpriced and have heard people's experiences with the horrible service.

Hitmanxlt

Cham Cham's Banana
That makes two of us man. I always had evil thoughts of just driving by there one night and setting fire to the place. Well now thats not possible but if you really want to lash out at them they are operating out of the flea market in Cary on the weekends....now as is policy in that flea market you arent supposed to be able to run or rent booth space if you have had a business that went out of business under bad circumstances. I say lets go have them put out before they can attempt to rebuild.

I think we really should go screw with them...or at least post crap all over the fleamarket about em