Buy Rite games out of business

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yes!!! Luckily the only way in which I was ripped off is that I had bought a "new" Japanese Metal Slug Second Mission, but it was actually used (not that badly but the cardboard was a little worn). It's the principle, anyway. I'm glad they're gone.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Good Riddance!

I was stupid enough to place an order with them. I baught a Guitar Freaks combo pack and I thaught I was getting a Konami made guitar. WRONG! I got this box that looked like sombody left it out in the rain and sat on it and inside was the game and a used knock off guitar that stopped working after a month.

If they ever try to open up under another name I'm going to go down there and shove that worthless piece of plastic up their ass sideways.

aria

Former Moderator
This is great news.

I remember back in 1998, without knowing about them, I tried to call them and confirm something before I ordered but they never, ever returned a call or email.

I figured it was a bad sign and I was right! :p

(Chorus)
But there are no cats in America
And the streets are paved with cheese
Oh there are no cats in America
So set your mind at ease

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Probably THE WORST online video game retailer ever - gone. Thank you.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
i'll drink to that

:tickled:

Word.

This is what you happens when you ship someone a 'new' Macross for Saturn that arrives in a box with NO packing materials (bouncing around in a big 'ol Fed Ex box), jewel case shrinkwrapped (to convince me it was 'new'?!), and get this-

disc 2 was *outside* the jewel case, scatched like a whino had broken his 40oz bottle on top of the disc, shiny side up.

Good riddence, fuckers.

Rember the amped out n-g.com member from a couple of years ago that was gonna go down there w/ a bat and clean house? Search 'Buy Rite' for some classic reads.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
'bout time...f**k them all, if you're not gonna run a business responsibly then you deserve any crap that comes back to haunt you...

...and as NeoCverA said, it's a nice bonus that we no longer have to repeatedly answer newbies who made the usual "Are they any good?" thread...
:D

GigaDrive

Cheng's Errand Boy
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Hahah OWNED MOTHER FUCKERS.

Honestly though, 414 complaints? Just how fucking many do you need?
Law is to fucking slow.

oh man, AGREED! :mr_t:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
It's about time Buyrite went out of business! They were really good at shafting their customers. Like many, I had a bad experience with Buyrite that turned me off to their business practices completely. I purchased a copy of RBFF for Neo-Geo CD (it was listed on their web site as new), but when it finally arrived, I noticed that the game was sitting loosely inside the shipping box. To add injury to insult, the CD was scratched to hell and the manual was nowhere to be found; oh yeah, they had taken me for a ride on a $60+ game.

Good riddance I say!

There is a special place in Hell for scum like them.

Last edited:

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
the irony here is...my one and only transaction with buy rite was indeed a very successful one...how many people can actually say that?

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
About fucking time. Too bad they had years to run off with everyone's money w/o consequence.

Q-

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Thanks to everyone here in the Neo and their comments on what a terrible place Buy Rite was, I'm glad I never dealt with them and now they're history.

You guys have my eternal thanks :buttrock:

mungrin

Panko KING,
haha fuck them.I remeber when i use to call em up to ask questions and this girl use to act like i was waking her up or something.They were horrible.My brother threatend them one time that he was going down there with a shotgun.Mysteriously his game shows up in his mailbox a week later.

Coincidence? \ :oh_no:

Knatty Dreadnok

Crossed Swords Squire
Anybody ever remember that fucking twit on the automated service... saying "If you're not buying from Buy Rite then you're not Buying right"??? That shit was so fucking lame! :lol:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Buyrite sucked. I never understood how they stayed in business with so many unhappy customers.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Read that GS article. Thats a good point, what will become of the outstanding orders?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nice to see Buywrong got
fallingowned1.gif
finnaly :buttrock:

I use to buy from them a.... lot during my Saturn days.

Then i get rip off afther paying for a copy of 'Ninja Five-O' guess what?They pull the same stunt like they do to every, body else :blow_top: they pull the not in stock BS.

Afther that happen to me i never mess with them agian :angry:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
wataru330 said:
:tickled:

Word.

This is what you happens when you ship someone a 'new' Macross for Saturn that arrives in a box with NO packing materials (bouncing around in a big 'ol Fed Ex box...

So that's how they shipped all their items!

Back when Metal Slug 3 was first released I waited too long to order one and had to turn to Buy Rite for it (I was holding out for an English release which never came about the first time around).

Imagine a Neo Geo cart shipped in a big empty box! No packing material whatsoever!

Only by sheer luck did that cart arrive undamaged!

PUNJABEE

Banned
AKscrube said:
the irony here is...my one and only transaction with buy rite was indeed a very successful one...how many people can actually say that?

Yeah I think I'm one of the 3 people that actually got their one and only order filled properly, sorta. I ordered a Dreamcast, marvel Vs Capcom, Sonic Adventure, a VMU, and an Agetec stick from them (400 bones, sold my first Neo for it).

They took a little longer to ship, but when I got them, even though everything was in good condition, I noticed that there was NO packing material in the box. Luckily the Dreamcast had some amount of packing material in it (remember that brown shell-like thing).

Right after that, I started hearing all kinds of weird complaints. I consider myself REALLY lucky.

RamonG

World Soccer '96
I did place around 3 orders with them. I heard that they were problematic, so I placed the orders COD. I figured, if they want their money, they have to send me my stuff.

aria

Former Moderator
Natty Dreadnok said:
Anybody ever remember that fucking twit on the automated service... saying "If you're not buying from Buy Rite then you're not Buying right"??? That shit was so fucking lame! :lol:

That's as far as any of my attempted deals got with them back in '98, I still remember that dorky voice. Eugh. It seared its way into my soul.