Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

Better movie?

• Total voters

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Aikido isn't a joke. It's just that Seagal's Aikido is a joke. Barely moves and then the other guy does all the work jumping around.

And John Woo's Hollywood movies were shit compared to his Hong Kong movies, but Hard Target was easily the least shit out of them, and a better JCVD movie than Timecop, which could never overcome the central flaw in its premise.

I'm in the minority, but I love Hard Target.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
This is correct, JCVD did a TON of coke. Looks like its finally caught up to him in his later years.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j5nmd4/jean-claude-van-damme-street-fighter-movie-cocaine-vgtrn

Apart from actors getting punched on set and extras playing with actual knives, de Souza revealed in an oral history of Street Fighter that his star was pretty much always "coked out of his mind." Jean-Claude Van Damme starred as the all-American Colonel Guile—which didn’t really make sense considering he’s super Belgian—but he was the biggest action star around back then, and apparently Street Fighter had to have him. At the time he was struggling with a pretty serious cocaine addiction, snorting an estimated $10,000 worth of coke a week, and it allegedly made filming a nightmare.

Wow how do you do that much coke without dying
Guess there would be be several requirements
one be rich
two get good uncut stuff

Or maybe he was getting ripped off
Three be healthy

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow how do you do that much coke without dying
Guess there would be be several requirements
one be rich
two get good uncut stuff

Or maybe he was getting ripped off
Three be healthy

Coke is the perfect drug for action movies. It makes your hands and feet move a lot faster and your face looks super excited.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
While making Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 Dennis Hopper worked for an 8ball of coke and a bottle of Jack Daniels a day.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Coke? Hopper preferred inhaling Amyl Nitrate gas from a tank... with occasional fits of violent rage to highlight his sexual arousal.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Did you watch the uncut version? Never got a chance to see it but i heard it was about 20minutes longer.

It is and it's quite a bit better than the theatrical version. I used to have a really nice bootleg of it until I let some asshole barrow it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It is and it's quite a bit better than the theatrical version. I used to have a really nice bootleg of it until I let some asshole barrow it.

it is honestly crazy how letting friends borrow shit results in you never getting it back. American culture right there.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not only that but family are even worse and if you do manage to get the item back it's never in the same condition. How the fuck do you not watch or play something then just put it back in it packaging and put it on a shelf. Nope had to just toss that shit on the floor where your mongoloid kids and pets could get to it for 2 years.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i bought the uncut Hard Target twice both times it was the original theater cut. Maybe third time's a charm.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bloodsport for me, but no love for Die Hard at the Penguins arena Sudden Death? That’s one of his better ones.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Bloodsport, only because all the styles of martial arts that were shown.

That being said, Frank Dux is a lying sack of shite.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bloodsport, only because all the styles of martial arts that were shown.

That being said, Frank Dux is a lying sack of shite.

Frank never lies in early 80s karate mags -> no Bloodsport -> Mortal Kombat as we know it doesn't exist -> TIME RIFT -> JCVD doesn't become B-movie action star -> grave never leaves ng.com

Sometimes for good things to happen, bad things must first be done.