Bloodsport vs Kickboxer

Better movie?

• Total voters

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Maximum Risk.

I rarely hear anyone mention that one when talking about good JCVD movies. It's up there with Timecop as being a legit good action movie without a lot of the cheesiness of some of the others.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Aikido is a joke and Seagal is a fraud
steven_seagal_gives_martial_arts_masterclass_in_russia_25th_may_2015.gif

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Aikido is a joke and Seagal is a fraud
steven_seagal_gives_martial_arts_masterclass_in_russia_25th_may_2015.gif

Aikido isn't a joke. It's just that Seagal's Aikido is a joke. Barely moves and then the other guy does all the work jumping around.

And John Woo's Hollywood movies were shit compared to his Hong Kong movies, but Hard Target was easily the least shit out of them, and a better JCVD movie than Timecop, which could never overcome the central flaw in its premise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought Maximum Risk was another good one but you're wrong about Nowhere to Run and Hard Target. Both were good JCVD movies. That's almost as bad as Wyo's opinion on Cyborg.

Ok, here’s the thing: these simply weren’t as visceral as his other movies. In particular, I found Nowhere slow.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aikido isn't a joke. It's just that Seagal's Aikido is a joke. Barely moves and then the other guy does all the work jumping around.

And John Woo's Hollywood movies were shit compared to his Hong Kong movies, but Hard Target was easily the least shit out of them, and a better JCVD movie than Timecop, which could never overcome the central flaw in its premise.

TimeCop deniers keep talking about the flaw, but no one can deny the effect of TimeCop on causing EG to meltdown.

famicommander

15 Year Member

The founder of Aikido was a snake oil salesman who claimed he could dodge bullets and knock people down with his energy.

Aikido relies on cooperation from the person fighting you. It has no practical use in self defense or competitive sport.

It's a joke.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, Seagal really is the ultimate practitioner, huh?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Never watched IN Hell but for a minute there I thought you were talking about Death Warrant.

You should check out In Hell, the premise is forced but who cares, Van Damme is now in a cold Russian prison that has a daily Fight Club. Great film that appears to have flown under the radar.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You should check out In Hell, the premise is forced but who cares, Van Damme is now in a cold Russian prison that has a daily Fight Club. Great film that appears to have flown under the radar.

Will watch tonight. Thanks

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

John Woo's Hong Kong stuff is amazing.
I like Face Off a little more than Hard Target though.

And to say Aikido is bs is a bold, ignorant statement

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aikido. Is. Bullshit.

Idk. Seems like the sentiment is being pushed by those homos who sniff other men’s scrotums and call it “jiujitsu”

Is it bullshit because you don’t get to rub your head in another man’s dick, like other popular MMA styles promote?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Idk. Seems like the sentiment is being pushed by those homos who sniff other men’s scrotums and call it “jiujitsu”

Is it bullshit because you don’t get to rub your head in another man’s dick, like other popular MMA styles promote?

No, it's bullshit because they shoot fucking DBZ energy blasts and there is no full speed, full contact sparring even at the master level. Aikido explicitly requires your opponent to follow the rules of the art and at no point do they simulate combat.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That's because before you joined NG.com you were a Beta Puss Puss.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Enemies Closer was entertaining. I think JCVD makes a better villain than he does a hero.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No, it's bullshit because they shoot fucking DBZ energy blasts and there is no full speed, full contact sparring even at the master level. Aikido explicitly requires your opponent to follow the rules of the art and at no point do they simulate combat.

No, it looks like it’s something else. Now I’m not defending aikido as a good self defense. But how much of your opinion is from that closet ass faggot pedo Joe Rogan?

And no, not calling you gay. Just dudes who watch mma are all fags, and shouldn’t waste women’s time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No, it looks like it’s something else. Now I’m not defending aikido as a good self defense. But how much of your opinion is from that closet ass faggot pedo Joe Rogan?

And no, not calling you gay. Just dudes who watch mma are all fags, and shouldn’t waste women’s time.

I don't give one singular fuck about Joe Rogan and I watch less than 5 MMA cards per year.

I watch shitloads of boxing, though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

So you're calling Fami gay because he watches MMA.