Blast City Club

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
He's saying that its only wired for three buttons, not all 5.

You can add the wires in there yourself (pins 9 and 10 on the 12 pin connector.. Lower right if you're looking straight at the socket). If you're looking to combine buttons 4 and 5 from the 12 pin and kick buttons 1 and 2 from the 10 pin connector, you can go with what chempop linked. I also make that adapter if you're interested.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
Yeah i know u make them ive bought 2 from you haha. No just needed pinouts for the 12 socket connecter so i know were to add wires for button 4 and 5

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
So its lower right looking at it from the end with wires or without wires? Lower right where wires are inserted or where it actually connects to cab

slampt

Quiz Detective
Hey All,

I just recently aquired a blast city! It needs a hell of a clean and the fibreglass shell is in need of some repair (chips/bends etc). I would appreciate any advise from anyone who has restored one of these before. The CP is also a little shagged thankfully there is a dude in melbourne that does vinyl prints of the Decals.

I am compiling a list of what needs replacing/repairing as I strip the thing down to give it a good clean.

Photo attached.

IMG_3242.JPG

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks!
I look forward to learning a thing or two and hopefully I will have something to share in return. I just finished restoring my 6 slot Cabinet. The only reason I got the Blast is because it came with MS6. :)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Hey All,

I just recently aquired a blast city! It needs a hell of a clean and the fibreglass shell is in need of some repair (chips/bends etc). I would appreciate any advise from anyone who has restored one of these before. The CP is also a little shagged thankfully there is a dude in melbourne that does vinyl prints of the Decals.

I am compiling a list of what needs replacing/repairing as I strip the thing down to give it a good clean.

Photo attached.

View attachment 35107

I like that your blast city is stored on the set of breaking bad. Welcome to the club.

slampt

Quiz Detective
I like that your blast city is stored on the set of breaking bad. Welcome to the club.

Haha thanks! That stuffs used to make Homebrew (beer).
The blast will go into my home office (which is also a work in progress) when it is cleaned up restored.

IMG_3036.JPG

slampt

Quiz Detective
Does anyone here know where I can pick up a 2L12B CP (or just the decal) and a couple of the 5575 key/locks?
Googlefu is failing me. :/

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
ken at the gameroom has the best quality/ price on repro overlays. and sell whole panels too. sanwa/seimitsu still make new blast city complete panels. locks and keys, your cheapest bet is yahoo japan.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks Mate,

I am trying to use Buyee.jp to scope out yahoo japan, but it is currently failing me. :(

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
The service people at Buyee generally can. A handful of sellers won't work with the proxy services though.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks,
I have pinged them, lets see what they say.
I managed to find enough Keys/Locks so that part is sorted.
Just need a new Control Panel and a better wiring harness as this one is shagged.
I will attempt to strip the thing down in the next few days.

slampt

Quiz Detective
I have just pulled my blast city apart to give it a clean and a fix-up.
The wiring harness has been butchered in this cab so i am looking for the following CP harnesses;

600-6317-17
600-6317-18
and
600-6227-10

It was done so badly that p1/2 button 5 was run independently of all AMP connectors directly to the Jamma connector...
I also need to get a new Jamma Connector as a bunch of these pins have snapped.

Some pictures attached. Advice greatly appreciated :)

IMG_3300.JPG

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
giz10p for harnesses, you'll find NOS there. just swap out the yellow connector the 1p loom.

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks Mate, Now I just need to find someone who has 600-6738-21.
I ordered a 001 Loom because I couldn't find 600-6738-21, but I will keep an eye out.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
You dont need it if you already have the 001 loom, click on the link in my sig, see the wiring guide

slampt

Quiz Detective
Thanks Mate.

This wiring is a mess. I need to find some RA-SC1290 Pins because who ever had this cabinet before me joined a bunch of wires and bypassed the IO Board. :(
Unfortunately the only place I can get these to ship to me is aliexpress and I have to buy 100 of them.

I have also just pulled the speakers out and they have perished. Now to find replacements.. :/

Cheers again for all your advise!

I got some blast city parts for for sale, check here =)
https://picasaweb.google.com/alberto1225/BlastCityPartsJuly122012

Thanks Mate.

This wiring is a mess. I need to find some RA-SC1290 Pins because who ever had this cabinet before me joined a bunch of wires and bypassed the IO Board. :(
Unfortunately the only place I can get these to ship to me is aliexpress and I have to buy 100 of them.

I have also just pulled the speakers out and they have perished. Now to find replacements.. :/

Cheers again for all your advise!