Blast City Club

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Really? What's different about the US sticks and which ones did they use?

I've played MK more then any arcade game ever. It was designed with Happs ultimates in mind which are trash, but it still plays flawlessly on comps and supers. If one were to buy a joystick nowadays to replicate the feel you'd want IL Eurosticks. Sanwa/Seimitsu sticks seem "too precise" and make the multi tap moves and fatalities ( eg. Baraka 2nd Fatality B,F, D, F, LP)difficult to pull off. I think it's because the JP sticks are picking up the DF in between the D and F inputs, where the Happs sticks don't. Myself and RepX put too much time and thought into it.

Putting in a JLW with a 2lb spring and a perfect circle gate may give you a similar feeling, but I can't test that out as those JLW sticks seem to be discontinued.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I've played MK more then any arcade game ever. It was designed with Happs ultimates in mind which are trash, but it still plays flawlessly on comps and supers. If one were to buy a joystick nowadays to replicate the feel you'd want IL Eurosticks. Sanwa/Seimitsu sticks seem "too precise" and make the multi tap moves and fatalities ( eg. Baraka 2nd Fatality B,F, D, F, LP)difficult to pull off. I think it's because the JP sticks are picking up the DF in between the D and F inputs, where the Happs sticks don't. Myself and RepX put too much time and thought into it.

Putting in a JLW with a 2lb spring and a perfect circle gate may give you a similar feeling, but I can't test that out as those JLW sticks seem to be discontinued.

A good rule of thumb is if you're playing MK, use battops. Everything else, use balltops.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Andy from Ultimarc has these JLW knockoffs, haven't tried one yet but they look promising...

Balltops...Battops...I can dish it out in both no problem but keep me away from them Ultimate sticks...

...still a noob on MK though...

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I went to play some 2 player Shienryu today and for some reason the player 2 fire button doesn't work...they're new buttons so it's not that (I also swapped 2 of them to make sure). Tonight I'll be checking continuity in the player 2 wiring harness to see if that's where the problem lies. Not a big issue, but still a bummer. We were excited to get a few games in.

Update: I got it figured out. I must have been real tired when I got it all wired up the first time. I had wired up button 1 and 3 together on button 1 and the 2 grounds to button 3. Got it all sorted out and everything is working again. Now to get some 2 player action going again!

Last edited:
some day I will own a Blast City cab. I see them from time to time but always seem to be late to the party....

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Took my Blasts (along with some other stuff) to MAGFest.

Awesome! I love taking my games to those kinds of events. Sometimes I get more joy out of seeing other people playing my games than when I play them myself. It's a trip.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Glad you guys liked it. And yeah, it is great to have others playing my stuff. As for the marquee, I posted it on page 151.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
I have an opportunity to buy a few monitor from broken blastcity. From what I am told the tube are fine and that only the chassis is broken. What I need to know is which chassis is better MS2933 or MS2931

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
MS2933 is the better of the two. Basically an updated 2391. Auto tri-sync, nice chassis found in a lot of Net Cities.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have an opportunity to buy a few monitor from broken blastcity. From what I am told the tube are fine and that only the chassis is broken. What I need to know is which chassis is better MS2933 or MS2931

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
Thanks. Are the part still easy to find for these? Hot, fly back etc. Are MS2930/31/33 parts interchangeable? If so I might as well buy them all. Are the tubes drop in for any other chassis?

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Thanks. Are the part still easy to find for these? Hot, fly back etc. Are MS2930/31/33 parts interchangeable? If so I might as well buy them all. Are the tubes drop in for any other chassis?

Most 2931/2933 parts should be interchangeable. 2930 is manual sync and is a bit different. All three chassis are compatible with the same tube.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok guys i have a 3 button panel i want to turn into a 4 button panel. does anyone know what size bit i would need to drill into my panel on my blast. and what are the bits called also?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
ok guys i have a 3 button panel i want to turn into a 4 button panel. does anyone know what size bit i would need to drill into my panel on my blast. and what are the bits called also?

I would suggest not drilling, use a hole punch, drilling will usually lead to jagged holes. 30mm is what you want for an extra button. If you were drilling a wood panel or plexi I would say drill press all day, but on these steel panels just punch it.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
where can i score a hole punch or is this something im going to have to find someone else to do it like a machinist?