Blast City Club

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Agreed. I think Codecrank is the unofficial Blast City Club president... but long live 300wins (OG PREZ)!!!

I gave up my presidency and have moved on to the Net City/New Net City club. Though I still do own 1 Blast City.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Agreed. I think Codecrank is the unofficial Blast City Club president... but long live 300wins (OG PREZ)!!!
I gave up my presidency and have moved on to the Net City/New Net City club. Though I still do own 1 Blast City.

:lolz:

Since 300Nguyens has abdicated his rights to it, I'll accept the honor to wear the blast otaku hat for a while ;)

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
:lolz:

Since 300Nguyens has abdicated his rights to it, I'll accept the honor to wear the blast otaku hat for a while ;)

You need to get Coryoooon to make you a banner. The pony pissing a rainbow is reserved for me. :D

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
good idea,

1) my sig is very very stale.
2) I haven't seen the word "foggot" used in a while.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I got lucky and found a MVS MV-2! It's a bit dirty, but I can clean her off and get her ready for her new supergun and Blast cab lifestyle.

Is this the right Jamma adapter to get the MVS MV-2 hooked to the Blast? Jamma Boards Inline Adapter

Do I need anything else to get the stereo audio working?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I’m pretty sure you are going to need a custom blast city 4 pin stereo connector to go from that adapter to the Blast’s I/O board.
I think a certain panda used to make that for people a while back...

Also, did you read up on what that J1 Interface cable does, you may or may not want that too.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
MVS outputs amplified audio though. You don't want to run the MVS audio connections to the stereo input on a blast that's expecting line level. MVS is meant to be hooked straight to speakers.

You need to attenuate the audio first. Something like a "line out adaptor" should work; or just use the mono audio from the JAMMA edge since the blast expects amplified audio for mono unlike stereo.

Something like this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...scplp3601107&gclid=CMmS4aDWwMACFYk7Mgod2EoAfw

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I do still make the 4pin to RCA cables. You can run that to the blast RCA plugs, I've been doing it on mine for around 2 years now and have had zero issue. But I would not be responsible for any damage you might cause. Make sure the volume slider is super low also. If you want one of the cables Reclaimer, let me know, I do them for 13 shipped.

Chempop

Ahh, thanks for the correction guys. Of course we are now assuming that recalaimer has a 001 loom that has RCA stereo inputs.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Also, did you read up on what that J1 Interface cable does, you may or may not want that too.

The J1 is basically just a breakout harness right? I'm assuming I'll just need everything routed through the Jamma connector.

MVS outputs amplified audio though. You don't want to run the MVS audio connections to the stereo input on a blast that's expecting line level. MVS is meant to be hooked straight to speakers.

You need to attenuate the audio first. Something like a "line out adaptor" should work; or just use the mono audio from the JAMMA edge since the blast expects amplified audio for mono unlike stereo.

Something like this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...scplp3601107&gclid=CMmS4aDWwMACFYk7Mgod2EoAfw

Thanks for the link! That's pretty damn cheap, and there are options on Amazon too. Can I just go straight to the 4pin on the jamma-mvs adapter to grab the amplified audio to convert to RCA line level with one of these boxes?

This guy is only $10 on Amazon with great reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI35-Adjustable-2-Channel-Converter/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=pd_tcs_subst_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Q8FW9SB7662M02JEBGX

I do still make the 4pin to RCA cables. You can run that to the blast RCA plugs, I've been doing it on mine for around 2 years now and have had zero issue. But I would not be responsible for any damage you might cause. Make sure the volume slider is super low also. If you want one of the cables Reclaimer, let me know, I do them for 13 shipped.

I might have to take you up on that!

Of course we are now assuming that recalaimer has a 001 loom that has RCA stereo inputs.

I should be getting a 001 loom when the Blast from Windy comes in. :buttrock:

Trying to prep now so I'm not left with blue balls when it arrives.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Can I just go straight to the 4pin on the jamma-mvs adapter to grab the amplified audio to convert to RCA line level with one of these boxes?

Yes. Then when you get the 001 loom it would plug right into those RCAs at a safe level.

Nothing against pandar (you're my buddy, guy) but it's a lot better to attenuate the signal than just leave the volume low and hope you don't accidentally hurt anything.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yes. Then when you get the 001 loom it would plug right into those RCAs at a safe level.

Nothing against pandar (you're my buddy, guy) but it's a lot better to attenuate the signal than just leave the volume low and hope you don't accidentally hurt anything.

Oh no offense taken, I was taking the advice that Xian Xi had given. ;)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
so figured out something interesting tonight. one of my blasts has not been working in VGA mode since last time i messed with the monitor. I did a ton of adjustments to get ikari warriors to look decent and screwed sumthing up.

this is what it looked like

15113980475_c5fcc8873b_c.jpg

turns out these undocumented pots were off. they're for the vga back/front porch tuning.

15090987786_48cb15ba1a_b.jpg

thought i'd share ..now time for ...

Spoiler:

buttrider !
15111389801_80548bd2ea_c.jpg

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
quick questions:
what are the dimensions of the PCB mounting board? and how do you secure your boards?

traditionally, there's the pcb feet and just screwing it down, but i wanted to see if there were alternate solutions

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
quick questions:
what are the dimensions of the PCB mounting board? and how do you secure your boards?

traditionally, there's the pcb feet and just screwing it down, but i wanted to see if there were alternate solutions

I'll get you dimensions of the board when I get home. I just use PCB feet.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
quick questions:

One alternate solution is the PCB stands that happ sells. I haven't used one though and just use the traditional PCB legs.

Chempop

I bought a bunch of these a while back. I have mixed feelings about them. Some games they work great with, others don’t if they don’t have much empty space around the border of the pcb.

10461526164_253f2399a7.jpg

You still have to mount one of these to a board, and sliding it in and out of a candy cab is difficult due to the height but it’s doable. Still feels clumsy to me compared to feet securely screwed into the mounting board.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I got a whiny flyback it seems, I have tried the toothpick trick but can't seem to nail down the sweet spot. Does anyone know if I can rob the fly off a 25 inch ms8 for this 27 inch ms9?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I got a whiny flyback it seems, I have tried the toothpick trick but can't seem to nail down the sweet spot. Does anyone know if I can rob the fly off a 25 inch ms8 for this 27 inch ms9?

Different flyback. I wouldn't try it unless you want to blow your stuff up.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
quick questions:
what are the dimensions of the PCB mounting board?

I make mine 20 1/2 x 15 1/2 , 1/2" plywood , snug fit. with a 2" hole for the "handle"

I bought a bunch of these a while back. I have mixed feelings about them.
10461526164_253f2399a7.jpg

same here.

i had to screw a wood block at the end of the wood board. something to stop the pcb from sliding back when you push in the jamma connector.

furthermore, they are too tall/long, you have to saw off a bit of it and use a screw a the top of the rail for a stopper.
15133399292_5906701c6a_c.jpg

they're ok for single layer pcb, but a bit flimsy for 2 or 3 layer pcbs

you'll probably want to make a bunch of mounting boards anyways. on top of a generic pcb mounting board, 1 per mobo : naomi, F3, kaneko supernova, cps2, mvs, etc. lowes can cut a whole sheet for you if you don't have a table saw.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Different flyback. I wouldn't try it unless you want to blow your stuff up.

Nah blowing stuff up is not the desired result. 4 toothpicks later and a little hot glue and this flyback is now in stealth mode. After 30 mins of probing I was just looking for a easy way out, but now it's perfect so hooray for incompatible flybacks to force you to fix things :-)

Chempop

Tell me about this toothpick trick. One of my cabs still likes to give me minor occasional arcing, likely due to the flyback or some grounding issue.