this is starting to feel like groupthink

how do we know this guy is innocent?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If their is a consensus it's that;

A.) Waseem made a great mistake in representing himself

and

B.) whats-her-name recanting her statement leaves serious questions about the conviction

aria

Former Moderator
The main issue is the whole "reasonable doubt" standard used in criminal law (rather than the looser evidence required for a civil trial) just got thrown into serious question by this latest development. Some here thought it wasn't even satisfied before the revelation, but now it's even harder to argue.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Waseem has always maintained that he had a relationship with the lady. And until now, she had always denied it. This goes all the way back to shit that happened here.

It has always been my guess that he didn't act "right" maybe a little clingy (he was just a teenager) and threatened her marriage. At which point she had to hit him with the strongest accusations to save her marriage. Plus, as we have seen she is obsessed with him. Always has been.

Remember, all women are normal till you sleep with them. At that point, they turn into raging psychos. Some worse than others.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Wow, every time I leave the forum for a week or two, something awesome happens.

Marek

Banned
@Galfordo - No we dont know that or agree on that, I dont think.

This story is fucking unreal though. If Blatz is obsessed with Waseem, as she appears to be, then I can acknowledge persuasive arguments from both sides.

On one hand - Blatz lied on the stand because of some obsessive punitive fantasy involving Waseem, then recanted out of guilt.

On the other - Blatz told the truth on the stand, but recanted because of her obsession with Waseem.

Trippy.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
@Galfordo - No we dont know that or agree on that, I dont think.

This story is fucking unreal though. If Blatz is obsessed with Waseem, as she appears to be, then I can acknowledge persuasive arguments from both sides.

On one hand - Blatz lied on the stand because of some obsessive punitive fantasy involving Waseem, then recanted out of guilt.

On the other - Blatz told the truth on the stand, but recanted because of her obsession with Waseem.

Trippy.

Blatz ... what an awesome name for a crazy fat chick

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Remember, all women are normal till you sleep with them. At that point, they turn into raging psychos. Some worse than others.

Sorry to hear about being routinely denied your "spousal permission slip", Fish.:lolz:;)

Jon

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Good thing I didn't say a thing before in this thread (I think), that way I have to apologize for absolutely nothing!

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Sad to say, but I suspect that the TV lawyers are right about the recanted testimony not making the difference. And even if they are wrong, it may take years to get around to a retrial or anything. A conviction is a powerful thing in the system.

Don't know if Bibs is innocent or not. But the thought that even his stalking conviction could be based on BS, let alone this most recent one, is scary as hell.

I always think of that case where a father was half convinced that he had killed his own family after endless police questioning, only for it to have turned out to be a former female friend who had killed his wife and son in a forest for wacky reasons. It was one of the cases profiled on the show "Autopsy." Police and prosecutors can be very aggressive. It's not really as hard as people think to end up convicted of something you did not do. If Bibs is innocent, at least he never backed down from affirming the truth of his innocence no matter how much questioning or accusation came his way, or the pressure to make a plea.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
There is a whole lot of reasonable doubt here. Too much to put a man in prison for.

And for those who are worried about what he will think about all the comments here if he gets out of prison, well, I would hope that he remembers the nature of this website. We make pretty outrageous and at times very sick jokes about all kinds of stuff. Add to it that we were the only place in the world that did anything to offer a dissenting opinion to his guilt throughout this entire ordeal and I believe he will be all good with most of us.