Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Exactly.

On a related note, something that always kind of stuck out to me about this case initially is that if he really was guilty…if he really did kill someone – why did he stay there? Why stay in the same area? Go to school there etc etc?

He was from Syria. I believe he still had extended family there. Granted…Syria is probably not the best country to run to at the moment, but surely it would have been better if he was guilty of a major crime here.

I guess my point is that you generally think that guilty guys run…but innocent guys don’t. I know, it's a weak argument, but still something I used to think about.

He and his brother run (or ran) a successful local chain of furniture stores in the Atlanta area.

I can imagine it would be difficult to just pack up and leave town.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
He and his brother run (or ran) a successful local chain of furniture stores in the Atlanta area.

ah that makes sense...and explains the warehouse full of games.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Oh yeah, they had a lockdown on that around Roswell. His place was huge.

If/when he does file a motion for retrial, the Cobb DA's office will fight and delay it for as long as they can. I doubt this will be something that blows over and he's released in a month or so.

aria

Former Moderator
I couldn't get over the way they cherry-picked a handful of weird books from a guy who apparently bought thousands of books in bulk auctions to paint him as a weirdo.

To quote WWF Superstars: "I can't wait for the rematch!"

If the Big Boss Man were alive today, he wouldn't stand for this.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I couldn't get over the way they cherry-picked a handful of weird books from a guy who apparently bought thousands of books in bulk auctions to paint him as a weirdo.

To quote WWF Superstars: "I can't wait for the rematch!"

If the Big Boss Man were alive today, he wouldn't stand for this.

Yeah, thats why he needed a lawyer. Even a shitty one could have gotten that thrown out.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyways regardless of what happens, this is why you always maintain your innocence and never take the plea. You don't know what might happen.

Good morning America.

Analyst says shit don't mean shit cuz that lady is unstable as of late. \.

LOL..... As of late.

"Everyone hoping it will all just go away".
Lol. Like one of the most sucessful litigious inmates in Georgia history is going to let it go away.

Yeah, thats why he needed a lawyer. Even a shitty one could have gotten that thrown out.
I dunno, the shit did seem rigged against him.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Is anyone in with Not Guilty and restitution paid for a wrongful stalking conviction yet?

;)

I honestly wish for the right verdict decision to be made with Waseem, whatever the actual facts are. Waseem had us to his place several times, I think I made it to 2 or 3 events. He was never less than generous with us in my opinion. When the charges were pressed, there were several odd things about the timing, and I only hope that Waseem's choice to represent himself doesn't negatively affect his defense.

From September 2012.

Looks like I still have a chance to win the pool.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
The admission of "how to kill" and other related books as evidence was pure bullshit.

The man had literally hundreds of thousands of books, purchased in bulk, and many of them still in their shipping boxes.

He had no idea what books he owned.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
just wanna point out that i always thought bibs was innocent.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The admission of "how to kill" and other related books as evidence was pure bullshit.

The man had literally hundreds of thousands of books, purchased in bulk, and many of them still in their shipping boxes.

He had no idea what books he owned.

No doubt - his user name here was "bibliophile" after all.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No doubt - his user name here was "bibliophile" after all.

Yeah, I never bought into that bullshit about the books... he said one of his goals in life was to accumulate 1,000,000 books. There's no fucking way he'd even be able to read even 1/10 of them. I'm sure he doesn't even know the titles of most.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Yeah, I never bought into that bullshit about the books... he said one of his goals in life was to accumulate 1,000,000 books. There's no fucking way he'd even be able to read even 1/10 of them. I'm sure he doesn't even know the titles of most.

No different than people wanting to own complete video game libraries.

Do you think people have enough time to play EVERY game?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No different than people wanting to own complete video game libraries.

Do you think people have enough time to play EVERY game?

Exactly, it's just a collection to him. I hope he argued that point until he was blue in the face... although considering the audience, it really didn't matter.

SSS

neo retired
A good lawyer should have dragged in his entire book collection and gone through other how to's that might have been in the collection. Like repairing classic cars, yachting for dummies etc...

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Not defending either side, but weren't the books brought up as evidence, books that he read in jail? Like the ninja mind control book etc? Maybe they used those as evidence because they had proof that he specifically read those while incarcerated? That way the DA would have had a record of them to back it up.

Or were those books cherry picked from his massive collection and used out of context against him?

aria

Former Moderator
A good lawyer should have dragged in his entire book collection and gone through other how to's that might have been in the collection. Like repairing classic cars, yachting for dummies etc...

I was thinking the same thing--it would've made it both funny and potentially brought out a better side of Bibs.

"So, ahem, the Kama Sutra?"
"Overrated."

aria

Former Moderator
Not defending either side, but weren't the books brought up as evidence, books that he read in jail? Like the ninja mind control book etc? Maybe they used those as evidence because they had proof that he specifically read those while incarcerated? That way the DA would have had a record of them to back it up.

Or were those books cherry picked from his massive collection and used out of context against him?

As I can remember, he made a request for a lot of books while he was serving his stalking sentence so it may have been again cherry picked out of a large number he was requesting (and no doubt irritating the prison authorities with to the point they denied some of them, including ninja mind control).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

By the time said lawyer is done going through his entire collection, both he and Bibs would've died of old age.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

As I can remember, he made a request for a lot of books while he was serving his stalking sentence so it may have been again cherry picked out of a large number he was requesting (and no doubt irritating the prison authorities with to the point they denied some of them, including ninja mind control).

And some basic religious texts.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
In case I'm ever on trial, I don't know how Manhunt ended up in my steam account, I swear. I haven't even gotten around to playing it.