Better SNK at E3 article.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Frankly, I think a 3-D action shooter, call is Metal Slug or whatever else you want, would be a lot of fun done right.

Take one part Devil May Cry, one part Metal Slug, one part Contra and shake and I bet you come up with a pretty fun game.

I think it's great that they are really going to focus on bringing games to consoles. It worked for Capcom certainly and if Playmore has the development, they could end up with some nice new franchises that have never even existed on the Neo.

That can't be bad for our old 16-bit friend in the long run. A liquid company makes for a company willing to take a chance. I hope the new venture is succesful. It can only be good news for us still feeding on the cartridge end of the spectrum.

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: RyoGeo ]</small>

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
well, I almost lost controll of all of my bodily fluids when I finished that.
Talk about some bitter sweet news.
All I can say is that it's time for me and the Jeep to head to Jersey buttrock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Man, this is totally fuckin' awesome. I have faith in them to do this right, and if they do, SNK will be back in the spotlight for a good long time again. :D

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
If they can pick up the pieces pretty well with console development, I can see them finally leave the Neo behind and move on to newer things. As great as the Neo is, it's definately feeling age. And if Playmore is going to survive they are going to have to be able to be stay toe to toe with the other companies out there. What is really going to make or break Playmore now is going to be the console original titles they make. Not anticipated Neo games and ports. Things like Metal Slug 3D, and whatever new franchises they can pull off will determine if they stick around. I think if anyone has the patience to deliever the fighter of my dreams and keep 2D living, it would be them doing it on next generation systems.

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
Metal Slug 3D? eek_2 i hope they're takin' the 3D Step like Miyamoto did it with Super Mario 64.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I wonder what the new Baseball Stars will be like?

Giby

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
To look at the perfect example of a hardcore game transferred with perfection to 3d, take a look at Contra: Shattered Soldier for the PS2, and see that there's still hope. Although rare will disagree.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
To look at the perfect example of a hardcore game transferred with perfection to 3d, take a look at Contra: Shattered Soldier for the PS2, and see that there's still hope. Although rare will disagree.
Or you could take the worst possible scenerio and use Contra: Legacy of War for the PSX as an example of good things gone bad.

It could go either way.

<small>[ April 29, 2003, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Average Joe:
Kid Aphex:
Or you could take the worst possible scenerio and use Contra: Legacy of War for the PSX as an example of good things gone bad.

It could go either way.
Let's just hope it goes the way of Shattered Soldier.

Giby

Robert

20 Year Member
Metal slug 3D!!! Come on guys, get serious! Why not a KOF VS tekken?

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Fran:
it's ( almost ) over
Yep, very sad, the end of an era. I'm very excited to hear about the GBA titles but to hear the words "3D Metal Slug" and "online Baseball Stars" from a member of the current incarnation of SNK is pretty fucked up. Contra for the PS2 worked but it was a 2D game with 3D backgrounds, unless they go the same route I don't even want to see it. You'll get a team of 3D programmers thrown together, given a few metal slug roms to play with and told to knock out a 3D version. I just hope we get to see SS5 on the Neo not another format, and particularly KOF '03 & '04. A decade of yearly KOF releases for one format, that would would be some achievement. The Neo Geo system doesn't get a single mention in the whole article, to me this article reads "death rattle of the Neo". I'm just glad we are going to see SvC on the black beauty.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:
kinda.
but its a matter of tastes.
contras a well made game.
it just doesnt float my boat.
i dont know if castlevania will be good.
hope it will. but i am kinda dissapointed theyre
going the 3d route.
and quite honestly i find it hard to imagine a
3d ms. alot of its charm comes from its characters
and gameplay.
and quite honestley its hard to envision marco
in 3d and still having the cool nuances that the 2d one did.
i m not saying i wouldnt want it.
i m an SNK whore like most of the people here.

going back to the contra thing.
i get more enjoyment from playing the nes version
rather then the ps2 one.
i dont know. maybe its nostalgia.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I am soo upset now that I cant make it to this years E3. Damn it...
I'll have to see if my friend can make it to their booth for me. :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This is awesome news. I love the Neo MVS/NGH hardware as much as anyone, but to me its truly more important to see SNK's ideas and flavor survive. Staying strictly on the old hardware will limit how successful they can be. If you disagree, you're allowing your selfish/elitist 'love' of the 16-bit Neo system to fuck with the proper evolution of SNK.

Gameplay is #1 motherfuckers!!!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Loopz:

its thinking like that
that results in steaming piles of turd like 2001
not that i even like the gameplay in 2001.

Mike

Bead Banger
I DOUBT that there will be another game released for the neo geo after SvC and Slug 5.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Loopz:
This is awesome news. I love the Neo MVS/NGH hardware as much as anyone, but to me its truly more important to see SNK's ideas and flavor survive. Staying strictly on the old hardware will limit how successful they can be. If you disagree, you're allowing your selfish/elitist 'love' of the 16-bit Neo system to fuck with the proper evolution of SNK.

Seriously I couldn't have said it better myself. buttrock

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
its thinking like that
How is making gameplay your top priority as a developer responsible for turds like KoF2001?
Explain please.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Loopz:
its thinking like that
How is making gameplay your top priority as a developer responsible for turds like KoF2001?
Explain please.
Doubly over since KOF2K1 plays great... it just looks like a turd (I don't even really mind the music that much). So... IT DON'T MAKE SENSE!

-Nick