BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Episode 2 of Chernobyl...still rock solid.

God...the stupidity of that event...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Last episode of Chernobyl almost got me to cry when the investigators were making their request to Secretary General Gorbachev. I think this show is going to win a lot of awards for set design, costume, screenplay, and everything else. This is the best thing on tv.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
The Showtime docu series, Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men, seems to be very well done. The first episode brought back memories of middle school and hip hop culture growing up. Lots of cool footage and pics of the Clan.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
there are currently 3 different Randall Flag TV series in development/production.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
there are currently 3 different Randall Flag TV series in development/production.

How are producers so inspired by Randall Flagg?! This makes no sense.

thestandmovie.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Watching the latest season of Sneaky Pete. I'm not so sure that it's one of the better seasons but hey, I like the characters and want to see where it goes. Not enough ensemble heist shows.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Is anybody watching Warrior?
It is a pretty cool series on CineMax.
The story takes place in San Francisco's China town during the drug wars of the mid 1800s.

If you are a fan of kungfu flicks you'll probably enjoy the series.
The fifth episode had a Western twist and I thought perfect, two of my favorites (KungFu and Westerns) in one!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is anybody watching Warrior?
It is a pretty cool series on CineMax.
The story takes place in San Francisco's China town during the drug wars of the mid 1800s.

If you are a fan of kungfu flicks you'll probably enjoy the series.
The fifth episode had a Western twist and I thought perfect, two of my favorites (KungFu and Westerns) in one!

I have maxgo but can’t watch it on my Apple TV or amazon box. Shame. Cinemax is kind of decent, but damned if I’ll buy into their service twice or three times just to get on all my boxes.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The effects/makeup work on the radiated guys in Chernobyl was impressive.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I started Chernobyl and agree with the sentiment here. It’s impressive, very impressive.

The events though, what a flustercuck.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Chernobyl has been really good. Not only did they fuck up the whole situation but the fact they tried to cover it up amazes me.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Well you have to remember that the party line was that there was no crime of any sort in the CCCP. Which in turn means the government was always right.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Watching the latest season of Sneaky Pete. I'm not so sure that it's one of the better seasons but hey, I like the characters and want to see where it goes. Not enough ensemble heist shows.

They had a bit of a setback with one of the actors passing away before all their scenes were shot, and they had to alter the storyline somewhat.

I like the show. The performances are really good, especially by the lead. Hope it gets picked up for a 4th season. But from what I'm reading, that looks 50/50, at best.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
RE: Chernobyl

I know it's a really stupid, irrational nitpick, but it would've been great if they cast Ukrainian and Russian actors who could speak English instead of Brits.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I know you watched this and thought, "Now I want a Fukushima mini-series."

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know you watched this and thought, "Now I want a Fukushima mini-series."

also no. I haven't thought about Fukushima in like 17 years.

This idea of locally sourcing actors is stupid though. The entire point of acting is to act. Otherwise you're just type casting. This is why Elba can be Bond, Emma Stone can be asian, and asian actors can any subasian culture they want. If they can bring truth to the character and convince the audience, then it is successful.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
also no. I haven't thought about Fukushima in like 17 years.

This idea of locally sourcing actors is stupid though. The entire point of acting is to act. Otherwise you're just type casting. This is why Elba can be Bond, Emma Stone can be asian, and asian actors can any subasian culture they want. If they can bring truth to the character and convince the audience, then it is successful.

I'm sorry man, I just think this mini-series would work better if actual Russians/Ukrainians were cast. As it is, it comes across as if this happened in alternative universe Soviet UK.

But then again, like I said, it's a stupid, irrational nitpick. So, you're not wrong.

PS that old dude in episode 1 during the meeting was Maester Luwin

edit: I'm gonna stir the pot a bit and say if it's OK to cast white people as black slaves, and we all know the answer, relax, just trying to rustle some jimmies here, Russians are different white from UK white, don't tell me a UK actor is gonna act as a Soviet and stand up from his chair, put his hands on his hips and say, "Right", that's a UK thing, and it takes me out of the experience

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm sorry man, I just think this mini-series would work better if actual Russians/Ukrainians were cast. As it is, it comes across as if this happened in alternative universe Soviet UK.

But then again, like I said, it's a stupid, irrational nitpick. So, you're not wrong.

PS that old dude in episode 1 during the meeting was Maester Luwin

edit: I'm gonna stir the pot a bit and say if it's OK to cast white people as black slaves, and we all know the answer, relax, just trying to rustle some jimmies here, Russians are different white from UK white, don't tell me a UK actor is gonna act as a Soviet and stand up from his chair, put his hands on his hips and say, "Right", that's a UK thing, and it takes me out of the experience

Ok, then list your fantasy cast for russian and ukrainian actors for the roles. Make sure to get a belorussian for the female lead.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but after about 5 actors, you'll want to quit.

and the resulting quality of the production will be about as unconvincing as a show featuring the acting skill of Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I guess it's about 9AM where you are now. Have a great Friday, wasabi. You're never wrong.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone who wants Russian actors in Chernobyl has clearly not seen the calibur of actors in Guardians.

Yeah the one with the Bear guy.

Go watch that, and then you'll be glad we got Skarsgaard, Harris and the chick from Equilibrium.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone who wants Russian actors in Chernobyl has clearly not seen the calibur of actors in Guardians.

Yeah the one with the Bear guy.

Go watch that, and then you'll be glad we got Skarsgaard, Harris and the chick from Equilibrium.

Check out McMafia.