Best Battle Arena Toshinden

Which Battle Arena Toshinden is the best?

• Battle Arena Toshinden 1

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 2

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 3

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 4

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Battle Arena Nitoshinden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This is it man, you're done, all that good shit you built now gone like the wind...enjoy your newfound lower tier among the plebs...

PS: No grace to be found for you now...it was nice knowing you...

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I had a lot of fun with this one back in the day. It was easy to pick up and play, there was good diversity in characters, the music was good, and the graphics were decent really. It was a good early 3D fighter. I also really liked the super moves in this game and finding the hidden move for each of the characters. The first game was solid...did not play any others in the series though.

That old man character was funny; his secret move was a fart.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The games were struggling pioneers, trying to take a much loved genre and merge it with evolving technology. I can't shit on Toshinden because it tried breaking ground.

But Bushido Blade was better.

Even with 1 hit 100% kills.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I agree to an extent...the game has always been horrible but it certainly was a game we all played back then when the only other option was VF...it was like the Samsho for us back then...still sucked though...well, not horribly but geez this is one of those games that didn't age well.

Soulblade/edge is better than both this and bushido blade...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i know me and my bro played 1-3 on ps. I dont really remember 4 though, hmmmm. I would look it up, but then ill end up downloading it and giving it a try lol

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Yeah, there's no question that the Project Soul series is the best weapon based 3D fighting series out there.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah...Last Bronx isn't bad though...I really like it...SEGA cheese! Always liked the Fighting Viper guys with the Guitar and the BMX...Megamix was great fun...and on that side note...Fighting Vipers 2 was amazing, still holds up well...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The games were struggling pioneers, trying to take a much loved genre and merge it with evolving technology. I can't shit on Toshinden because it tried breaking ground.

^ This. I really like Bushido Blade. Face it guys we all played Toshinden but no one ever really liked it. Tobal no.2 on the other hand....

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Toshinden blew my mind when I first laid hands it. "How could home video games ever get better then this?", I asked myself. ;)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My dad got Battle Arena Toshinden at launch with our playstation and I loved it. I was a little kid and easy to please. Its not the best game, feels kind of like a proto Soul Blade with some clunky 2D fighter stuff sticking with it. Anime vibes are tops tho

I had the biggest crush on Duke so I picked him the most (BUT HE HAD TO HAVE THE GREEN HAIR AND THE SILVER ARMOR OR IT WOULD NOT WORK), even though I gotta say one of my fav memories is playing that game at night battling on Sofia's stage and of course nowadays I'm a Sofia fan. No, I had a lot of great memories with this game. I think years later I ended up playing 3 and I wasn't impressed-- still thought the first one looked and played better.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno what is worse, the games or the movie/anime...I just like Sophia's Tn'A...

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

Bushido Blade fucking rocked. And the one hit kills I feel added to the strategy. Too bad the game didn't get much of a following, and the sequel was horrible and didn't do anything that made the first one good.

On topic: I only played the first three. Liked the first two, HATED the third.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Bushido Blade fucking rocked. And the one hit kills I feel added to the strategy. Too bad the game didn't get much of a following, and the sequel was horrible and didn't do anything that made the first one good.

On topic: I only played the first three. Liked the first two, HATED the third.

Yeah I never understood how they made Bushido Blade 2 so crappy. I wish they would come out with a new generation game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah I never understood how they made Bushido Blade 2 so crappy. I wish they would come out with a new generation game.

The roster would consist of teenager fags and Lightning would be a DLC character.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
9712578.jpg