Best Battle Arena Toshinden

Which Battle Arena Toshinden is the best?

• Battle Arena Toshinden 1

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 2

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 3

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Battle Arena Toshinden 4

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Battle Arena Nitoshinden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Best? yikes.
How bout worst? worst poll ever. These games were trash.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Best? yikes.
How bout worst? worst poll ever. These games were trash.

Worst? Uh... last 2 were a total piece of shit.

In other hand, I had fun with Toshinden 2 plus. Awesome soundtrack.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I loved the Battle Arena Toshinden games (and I remember wishing that SNK would license the engine and use it to make a 3D Samurai Spirits or Last Blade game). The gameplay was a bit loose/clunky, but I had a lot of fun with them back in the day, and they had great music. And who can forget dominatrix Sophia?

For your poll options, you forgot about BAT URA on the Sega Saturn and the Gameboy SD Nettou version too (it's 2D, but it still has ring outs). I own BAT Remix [pretty much the same as the PSX version of BAT1 except for an extra story mode (with spoken dialogue), addition of another boss (Cupido) and less impressive graphics--it was also the first 3D fighting game I ever owned] and URA for Saturn, BAT2 for the PSX, and the Gameboy game.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I had a gamefan as a kid with an ad for the first game. With the old polygon face sony mascot. I never played it but i was inpressed. Must have been dumb as a kid.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The russian with the whip had nice titties, and the cop in 3 with the Tonfas looked good.

Other than that, everything about this series is fucking garbage.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
When i first purchased my ps1 it was either this or tekken, not a tough choice really.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My friends and I had some fun with the first Battle Arena Toshinden, it felt more like a novelty than a serious fighter but I kinda liked it. Mostly played with the old guy with the claws, he had some silly speech samples that were quite hilarious, well, at least in the first few days. At that time none of us had a PSX so we sometimes rented one from a video/game rental store with a few games and spent the weekend drinking and playing, that was always good fun.

The graphics didn't age well but back then they looked great to us, the fast pace of the game and the camera circling and panning was really cool.

Ah well, the novelty thing wore off after a while but it was fun while it lasted. Yeah, Tekken was better but it wasn't before Soul Calibur arrived that I started getting all technical with 3D fighters like I did/do with 2D ones.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I always confuse BAT with Bushido Blade, now that is a fun game with a great concept

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
First one makes me jaw drop (main reason I got PS console)..............
Second one is the best (but I don't like the intro...............full motion? That chick is ugly)

15514-battle-arena-toshinden-2-playstation-screenshot-full-motion.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Toshinden 2 Plus and Toshinden gameboy.

I don't like 3D fighters, but I like Toshiden.

These polls are lame.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Toshinden 2 was my first experience with 3D graphics, and I couldn't get my head around what I saw. It was our first PS1 game, and we played the shit out of it back then.

DrScience

n00b
I used to work at Babbages back in the day and we had to play these, usually god-awful produced tapes of game footage. Just before the PlayStation came out, one of the tapes we had to play showed game play footage of Battle Arena Toshinden and I remember this really bad voice over of this woman with a really really bad Russian accent saying something like "Sofia says pick the PlayStation on 9-9-95" and of course the tapes loop. So for about a month and a half every 15 minutes or so we'd hear Sofia and her announcement of when the PlayStation comes out. I can still hear that shrill voice in my head.
So of course that's one of the games I just had to get when it finally came out. Oh and Ridge Racer couldn't forget that game. Those games sure looked impressive when they came out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lol wtf is this, what's next a 'best crash bandicoot' poll

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I was never a fan of these either....left a bad taste in my mouth, esp after being spoiled with those killer apps!!...prices back then were ridiculous too.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It was a launch title when I bought my ps1. I sold off all my pc engine and mega cd stuff to finance it to a guy on the AOL for sale threads (no World Wide Web access at that time).The store had this game, raiden, and ridge racer. Of those 3 it was my least favorite but it did show off the system at the time, not much longer after tekken came out and I never touched it again.