Bayonetta 2: Wii U Exclusive

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
First week sales (Famitsu data):

Bayonetta 2 on the wii u sales are not very flattering. Are you guys going to beta test this game?

Bayonetta (PS3) - 138,430 copies

Bayonetta (360) - 66,211 copies

Bayonetta 1 + 2 (Wii U) - 33,114 copies

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Bayonetta 2 on the wii u sales are not very flattering. Are you guys going to beta test this game?

I'm going to "beta test" your sweet little anus if you keep teasing us like that.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Stewie is just upset since his pc isn't up to snuff anymore but at least he can still play some Minecraft.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

You know for someone that doesn't give shit about this game, you sure are on the edge of your bed with your grandmother's panties wrapped around your face while you jerk off watching the updates of this game.

Stuart989

You know for someone that doesn't give shit about this game, you sure are on the edge of your bed with your grandmother's panties wrapped around your face while you jerk off watching the updates of this game.

I came here to take a crap, nothing more.:lol:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Stewie seems more excited for this game than I do and I've had the pre-order paid off for months

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Is there a count of how many Wii-U's have sold in Japan? All I've been hearing is how bad the home consoles over there are doing and their all moving into the mobile market and the 3DS still sells like gangbusters anyway.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

You should have told Hideki Kamiya and Shigeru Miyamoto to release the game on PC at 60 FPS.

Would have sold 229578247598728572983547 million copies.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Meh, who cares about sales figures these days other than Stewie who apparently needs diapers more than his good ol granny. Edge magazine gave Bayo2 a perfect score 10/10.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Let it sell poorly. Makes my copy that much more valuable.

I'm gonna buy it regardless because I want to support these kinds of gambles on the Wii U. They don't make games for a system if people don't buy it. Wii U owners need to step out of their Nintendo bubbles and buy these awesome third party games.

Stuart989

Sure you guys want it to sell poorly to make it feel like it is worth it to you. It only means the sequels will cease to exist exist in the future, not that the game will be ever as good as DMC. The game was already at the brink of extinction to begin with. Nintendo sure knows how to help 3rd parties, ahaha...

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Stuart's PC rig is the best thing in the world. It even has a fleshlight instead of a DVD drive, because nothing will ever understand him like his PC will.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Let it sell poorly. Makes my copy that much more valuable.

I'm gonna buy it regardless because I want to support these kinds of gambles on the Wii U. They don't make games for a system if people don't buy it. Wii U owners need to step out of their Nintendo bubbles and buy these awesome third party games.

Since Nintendo bank rolled it can we really call it a 3rd party game

With out Nintendo funding this( in hopes to get laxed fans back ) there wouldn't be a sequel

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
While I am completely disregarding Stuart's 60 FPS stuff, I am on the same page with him in regards to the sales figures.

People tend to overstate Platinum's importance in the game industry. They're a niche company that make games, generally, for niche audiences.

I know that they're doing the Korra game, but that's a rare exception where they're doing a project with greater visibility due to the licensing.

And Metal Gear Rising didn't do so hot despite being a pretty good game until it went from what it was into a Suda-51 game.

The first game didn't do very good so there's no reason to believe that the second one will do well either.

I laughed at the picture of Bayonetta with Mario on a couch and that 'u Mad' word balloon. The cult appeal of Bayonetta is more important than the games themselves and she isn't enough, not nearly enough, to save the Wii u.

All of that said, i want the game to do well. It just won't.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I agree with you Taiso, unfortunately this game won't sell well. I think back even 10 years ago, gaming was a very different beast. This game would have been eaten up by gamers, but the demographic is different. Casual and mobile games have become the norm and FPS games are the de facto in today's game world.
The other thing I've noticed is the dumbing down of games as well, gone are the hard as balls titles that would line shelves, now we have our hands held and there is not much true punishment.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
@Stuart

Which DMC game are you referring to here because if you've played bayo 1, you would know that it shits all over just about every dmc title.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
@Stuart

Which DMC game are you referring to here because if you've played bayo 1, you would know that it shits all over just about every dmc title.

Stuart is annoying as hell but your statement is not even remotely true.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Stuart is annoying as hell but your statement is not even remotely true.

Ill back up my statement if you do yours then?
DMC? Yes it was great for it's time, but it's nowhere near as fluid or fun to play as bayo
DMC2 - Hot Garbage
DMC3 - Arguably the best in the series, has the most depth combat-wise imo, better than bayo.
DMC4 - Series was on the decline after this one imo, A fun game but not as good as three. I'd put bayo ahead in overall fun factor
Reboot - Haven't played it, but from what I've seen I'd probably say bayo is a better game.

So we are looking at a game that has no doubt built upon a DMC formula, but has done well with one iteration vs a series with a mixed bag.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
My first impression of Bayonetta was how much more I enjoyed it than DMC and DMC was one of my top 5 PS2 games. As soon as I put in my 360 I didn't leave the couch until I beat it.

I tried to play DMC 4 after Bayonetta and just couldn't do it. Enemy and boss designs are pedestrian in comparison to B and it took itself far too seriously. Plus Bayonetta is a total would bang and Dante has turned into a whiny bitch.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
My first impression of Bayonetta was how much more I enjoyed it than DMC and DMC was one of my top 5 PS2 games. As soon as I put in my 360 I didn't leave the couch until I beat it.

I tried to play DMC 4 after Bayonetta and just couldn't do it. Enemy and boss designs are pedestrian in comparison to B and it took itself far too seriously. Plus Bayonetta is a total would bang and Dante has turned into a whiny bitch.

Agreed on all counts!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Ill back up my statement if you do yours then?
DMC? Yes it was great for it's time, but it's nowhere near as fluid or fun to play as bayo
DMC2 - Hot Garbage
DMC3 - Arguably the best in the series, has the most depth combat-wise imo, better than bayo.
DMC4 - Series was on the decline after this one imo, A fun game but not as good as three. I'd put bayo ahead in overall fun factor
Reboot - Haven't played it, but from what I've seen I'd probably say bayo is a better game.

So we are looking at a game that has no doubt built upon a DMC formula, but has done well with one iteration vs a series with a mixed bag.

I don't have a problem with you saying that you think Bayonetta is better. I disagree with that assessment because I think the game is a giant fucking mess and an assault on the senses. That said, I will still buy 2 because I like action games and I believe they'll improve on the things that I didn't like about the first one.

You said 'shits all over DMC.' It doesn't 'shit all over DMC.' If it's better, in an objective sense, which is a highly debatable point, it's better by margins. Bayonetta doesn't 'shit on DMC.'

Also: The Dante half of DMC 4 doesn't take itself seriously at all. It fully embraces how ridiculous the whole thing is. Nero is crap and boring to play, but DMC 4 Dante is the best version of the character on all counts and is more fun to play than Bayonetta. My .02.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I don't have a problem with you saying that you think Bayonetta is better. I disagree with that assessment because I think the game is a giant fucking mess and an assault on the senses. That said, I will still buy 2 because I like action games and I believe they'll improve on the things that I didn't like about the first one.

You said 'shits all over DMC.' It doesn't 'shit all over DMC.' If it's better, in an objective sense, which is a highly debatable point, it's better by margins. Bayonetta doesn't 'shit on DMC.'

Also: The Dante half of DMC 4 doesn't take itself seriously at all. It fully embraces how ridiculous the whole thing is. Nero is crap and boring to play, but DMC 4 Dante is the best version of the character on all counts and is more fun to play than Bayonetta. My .02.

Actually I said just about every DMC ,but instead of splitting hairs, lets just say we both left open ended opinionated statements to begin with. In my world shitting on something means it sits above it, and for me bayo sits above "just about every" DMC, maybe even for the reasons you dislike it.
Regardless I can't fault your opinion on why you like DMC over bayo, either way like you said, they can (hopefully) only improve.
I do however believe you prefer DMC because the protagonist wields a large sword. ;)