Aww crap, NEO EMERGENCY!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Wow congrats on the find, but i'm sorry hear you quandry. The cab honestly looks like shit no questions asked. I think you could restore it pretty well though given some time and money. If you want this to be lowered anymore in price you gotta really make this thing seem like crap but is filling your own arcade floor. You can't marvel and it cause then he knows he can F*** with the price as he pleases. Good luck

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
haha, that candy in the picture is the exact one I got for like 350$ years back. The monitor is so nice on that fucker.
I dont use it no more though caused it shocks my fucking arm and hands and just out right scares me. Needs some wiring work inside. Otherwise just intact. Just sits in my garage collecting dust.. =(

Do you have a ground connected to everywhere you need to? That caused my cab to shock a doodle me often. :p

Back on topic, the question has been posed... has anyone ever seen a real one? (other than Res) This could very well be some uber rare cab. With those games and a six slot aint bad either. And honesly, the grunge on that cab is mostly dirt, mud and smoke stains. Take all the electrical innards out, and hose er down outdoors, soap, water, heavy sponge, and perhaps a sander and brillo pads. A good few coats of paint would restore the white, a new control panel shouldnt be that bad. Those stickers, well, like someone suggested, you could easily replicate them. If you studied them, took some good pics, hop in the creative forums and have a brother hook you up with restoring and redesigning them. The cracked marquee, same thing. Cut some good lexan out to size, and replicate the background at kinkos or what not. And seriously, WHEN you get this cab, let me know, and ill hook you up with some free joysticks and buttons. The cab really is beautiful, and would look so stunning and unique all purdied up. I say this June, stop at nothing dude, you WONT regret it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
1st. you get shocked because you arent grounded somewhere. every once in a while when i had my candy (whole control panel is metal) i would get a zap and even rarer yet i would feel an electrical current running through me. i didnt care it simply made me more powerful. :very_ang:

and best thing i could suggest if you get that cab is take ur time x 100 when removing the stickers lots of gasoline and whatnot to get them off in one piece. your job will be infinitely easier if you can scan the decal as a whole to get the size, shape and design perfectly. recolor and sharpen it then print it on glossy decal paper.

when you think about it, giant red mvs machines in good condish go for $500 and here is a much rarer specimen with a 6 slot (sells for like $200 - $250 on its own) and some games. the only killer here is shipping which must be factored into the cost. if this thing was anywhere in the states you could hire a truck to transport for >$200. but alas its not and shipping could run you upwards opf $600 even more so i would definately cap it at $500. its gonna sting hard if after all is said in done youre out $2000 and you havent even started restoration. :crying:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Rez, tough break man, tough break. I think he might smell your desire for this cab. Arcade ops are just flat out dicks and will jones you for every cent. Stay firm and don't budge past $500. Its in terrible shape, he shoudl fucking know that. Tell him, $500 IN CASH TODAY, and you'll take it off his fucking hands, right now. If he doesn't take that, fuck 'em. I don't care if you're mad rich, it just ain't worth getting gouged over. You'll really regret it later on.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
It looks like a piece of junk and a waste of money. If anything, next time in Japan spend time in the craphole arcades looking for another. I used to have a flyer for that thing, so there has to be quite a few out there. Just have to find them.

aria

Former Moderator
ResOGlas said:
$1400 is crazy, and almost offensive.

It was offensive. Fuck him.

He'll never get a deal even close to that.

Let him take it to his grave with him, greedy bastard.

Rade Kuruc said:
If there's one, there's gotta be another. What if after you buy it (and spend thousands doing it), you find another in better condition and for a cheaper price?

It just seems like you would be spending too much for it. Even as a collector, the condition of it just doesnt justify all of the associated costs.

Listen to this man, he is sane.

That thing is in awful condition and you're probably looking at paying nearly retail (in fact, I bet $1400 was retail). You're going to be paying a ton to restore it too, looking at it made me a little quezy ;)

lostdog said:
Look, Res, you need to play his game. This guy is like a used cars salesmen, and at this point you are showing too much interest.

I was thinking the same thing exactly. I'm more pessimistic: he's shown too much interest already. I would consider it a lost cause from that POV, but I could be wrong...

Finally,

MVS-U4-33b.jpg

When I bought MINE (old photo) they had those in the same place -I opted for better speakers but they were both selling for $250 in LA, and I transported it for no additional charge :)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
It was offensive. Fuck him.

He'll never get a deal even close to that.

Let him take it to his grave with him, greedy bastard.

Listen to this man, he is sane.

That thing is in awful condition and you're probably looking at paying nearly retail (in fact, I bet $1400 was retail). You're going to be paying a ton to restore it too, looking at it made me a little quezy ;)

I was thinking the same thing exactly. I'm more pessimistic: he's shown too much interest already. I would consider it a lost cause from that POV, but I could be wrong...

Yeah, for the moment this escapade is over. I will return this summer and hopefully the guy has come to his senses and gets desperate for money. Other than that, no one can pay the prices he's asking. I do believe that this guy know little about the aracde market, it seems that all his cabs are from the same time period. He's just stuck in the past, and I don't think he realizes how bad all his cabs look.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
ResOGlas said:
Yeah, for the moment this escapade is over. I will return this summer and hopefully the guy has come to his senses and gets desperate for money. Other than that, no one can pay the prices he's asking. I do believe that this guy know little about the aracde market, it seems that all his cabs are from the same time period. He's just stuck in the past, and I don't think he realizes how bad all his cabs look.

did you take pics of the other cabs???

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 said:
did you take pics of the other cabs???

Yeah, I did. Mostly Aero Cities, and Aero Tables. There was an old Capcom Cosmo, and an old Sega cab. I have no idea what type of Sega cab it was.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
FeelGood said:
1st. you get shocked because you arent grounded somewhere. every once in a while when i had my candy (whole control panel is metal) i would get a zap and even rarer yet i would feel an electrical current running through me. i didnt care it simply made me more powerful. :very_ang:

LOL!! I will quote this later in my sig. :lol:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Shit, unlucky dude! All the best in your future efforts with it though.

Even though it looks like utter death, at least we all know they're out there, thanks to you.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Damn, your story made me both angry and sad! :oh_no:

That old geezer is either a freckin racist or just plain retarded ...

FMonk

n00b
That old geezer is either a freckin racist or just plain retarded ...

He probably is a little bit of both from the sounds of it :p

Res, I have to chime in here as an arcade collector. There will always be another one in better condition out there somewhere. Unless you know for a fact that this is one of five or something outrageous like that, let it go. That cab is beat! I know it's a blast to restore a beat up cab to a like new condition, but in this case it simply doesn't seem worth it. Unless he comes down to less than 500$, I wouldn't bother. You're going to pay a shitload for shipping, the cab will likely suffer more minor damage in the process (with a possibility of if simply being lost or destroyed as well), and you'll have to tear the thing completely apart if you want it to look nice again.

I understand the drive to get something that's rare, but you're going to save yourself a lot of cash and effort to just pick up a candy cab instead. I know that defeats the purpose, but getting this cab at a price that isn't going to bankrupt you seems highly unlikely. I've restored a cab that was as bad as the one you're looking at before (an Armor Attack I found at the dump :eek: ). The difference is that I got it for free ;)

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
FMonk said:
He probably is a little bit of both from the sounds of it :p

Res, I have to chime in here as an arcade collector. There will always be another one in better condition out there somewhere. Unless you know for a fact that this is one of five or something outrageous like that, let it go. That cab is beat! I know it's a blast to restore a beat up cab to a like new condition, but in this case it simply doesn't seem worth it. Unless he comes down to less than 500$, I wouldn't bother. You're going to pay a shitload for shipping, the cab will likely suffer more minor damage in the process (with a possibility of if simply being lost or destroyed as well), and you'll have to tear the thing completely apart if you want it to look nice again.

I understand the drive to get something that's rare, but you're going to save yourself a lot of cash and effort to just pick up a candy cab instead. I know that defeats the purpose, but getting this cab at a price that isn't going to bankrupt you seems highly unlikely. I've restored a cab that was as bad as the one you're looking at before (an Armor Attack I found at the dump :eek: ). The difference is that I got it for free ;)

Hi welcome to the boards!!

I agree with you.

Do you have any before and after pics of the cab that you restored?

FMonk

n00b
Not to derail the thread, but yeah, here's a link ;) I still have yet to finish it, I need a few more caps for the monitor, and I need to put the power supply back together and hook the whole thing back up. I've been sitting on it for a long time, other projects (and oh yeah, school and work) keep making me put it off. It's maybe not quite as dirty as the cab Res is looking at, but they're close ;)

Here's a couple of current pics, with the cab next to my MVS, which I'm also working on. I've also got a Q*Bert, which you can navigate to from the first link.

I've been a member of the KLOV message boards for a few years now (long enough to be made a moderator ;)), so I speak with some experience when it comes to Res's situation. It's tempting to go for the stuff that's right in front of you (especially for something rare); it's a lot harder to be able to wait it out for the good deals (trust me, I know, it happens to me daily on ebay :kekeke: )

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Wow that looks good well done, your doing a good job. When do you think you will have the machine up and running?

Also nice neo cab there!!

FMonk

n00b
Thanks guys! :D

I hope to have the game running again by the end of the summer. I also need to cap the MVS, get side art, and a new control panel overlay. It never ends! :p

BIG

sony fanboy
Ty,I'll sell you my MV-U4,if you need a Neo cab.

BIG-

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Ty,I'll sell you my MV-U4,if you need a Neo cab.

BIG-

Thanks BIG, but I already have a neo cab. It's just that this one was special... ;)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:
Worth waking up today after all.

@res: yeah, you got the exact right idea to wait and go see him again when you go back. Nobody will show the slightest interest in it during the meantime, so you don't have to worry about it being gone (unless some crazy fucker from here tries to track it down). Unless he spends about 3 months full time cleaning that thing, the only person who would possibly want it would be another fanatic. I think you're safe.

Lord of Magic

Overtop Pathfinder
Best thing to do is as someone said earlier, leave it, but also leave him your contact details.

It's beat up to fuck, and isnt worth what he's asking. The greed will overcome him eventually, and he will most likely ring you, and when he does, offer him less than you originally offered him.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
FMonk said:
Not to derail the thread, but yeah, here's a link ;) I still have yet to finish it, I need a few more caps for the monitor, and I need to put the power supply back together and hook the whole thing back up. I've been sitting on it for a long time, other projects (and oh yeah, school and work) keep making me put it off. It's maybe not quite as dirty as the cab Res is looking at, but they're close ;)

Here's a couple of current pics, with the cab next to my MVS, which I'm also working on. I've also got a Q*Bert, which you can navigate to from the first link.

I've been a member of the KLOV message boards for a few years now (long enough to be made a moderator ;)), so I speak with some experience when it comes to Res's situation. It's tempting to go for the stuff that's right in front of you (especially for something rare); it's a lot harder to be able to wait it out for the good deals (trust me, I know, it happens to me daily on ebay :kekeke: )
WOW that is a truly awsome find all I have is the Vectrex version.

Your Armor Attack > My Armor Attack :crying:

Be sure to get pics posted up in the new Arcade Forum after you're all done restoring it.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Nice find but freight will kill you (And UPS/FedEx and DHL do nto handle that type of package - too big).

You have to use a freight company, either by air or maritime (from a few days to over 2 months). I do not have the prices for Japan to USA but here is a small quote I have for Airfreight from Paris (airport) to Chicago (airport) for some stuff that I import.

1 palet of 178kg (real weigth) - vol. is 312kg (because of size)
- Airfreight : $883.07
- Terminal charges : $46.80
- Cartage services : $45.23
- Transfer fees : $50
- Formal entry service : $90
- Fuel surcharge : $4.52

Total : $1119.62

And these are negociated prices because I have imports coming in every week so the price you would get could be even higher.
All the charges are inevitable and they correspond to just moving you shipment from freight carrier's warehouse to plane and plane to warehouse + custom declaration (even if you do not have to pay duties you must declare).

Maritime transport would be at least 30% cheaper but can take up to 3 months from Asia.

Also take into consideration that you need to add insurrance + freight and crating services from his place to the airport.

If you want exact quotes you can contact Hellman, Fatton, Panalpina, Schenker- they are all international freight carriers with offices in the US and Japan.