Aww crap, NEO EMERGENCY!

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Wow what a shame, but I would just let it go and be happy that you have the pics and have had a chance to see the cab in person and had a go on it, even tho as you say its hardly playable.

I really cant believe how beat up it is, such a shame. I do think that it could be restored but with alot of time and effort but for that sort of price conbined with the shipping that it will probably cost you I really would just walk away.

Robert

20 Year Member
I have lived the same kind of situation and sometimes it's better to leave it. I know that for some times you'll regret it but with the time going, the reason will overtake your regrets and you'll feel better.

P.S: I like the "She's 6 slots"

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well, I went back and talked with him again. I explained that it was only worth about half of what I was offering and he still didn't want to let it go cheap. He then dropped his price to $1000 (So cheap, lol). I then counter offered $550, and said the he gets to keep all the games. Now, this is an extremely good deal for him. He can immediately drop the games in another cab and the neo wouldn't be missed. He still said $1000, with or without the games. I'll be back in Japan this June, and by then maybe I can have a bit more reserached secured about international freighting. I would like to pull this off and have her in my house for somewhere around the $1000 area. It sounds like a lot, but it is worth it to me. $2000, however, is not. $1000 Neo cab + van rental + crate and shipping materials + shipping = too much. I really wanted this badly. Don't worry for Unky ResOGlas, I'll get her. Just give it time.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Bummer man.
That thing looks like shit but it still stokes me the fuck out to see something other than the same brochure I've been drooling at for the last couple years.
You still got an offer up your sleeve or is it totally hopeless now?

Ok, saw your last post. That guy is a faggot, but I can't say as I'm surprised, can you?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
Bummer man.
That thing looks like shit but it still stokes me the fuck out to see something other than the same brochure I've been drooling at for the last couple years.
You still got an offer up your sleeve or is it totally hopeless now?

Yeah, I got the guy's phone number and address. I'll be back here in Japan this summer and I'll gladly pay his fucking lame $1000 asking price for it, but I need to take the time to find a "slow boat to china" shipping company that can get her to my house for like $200 instead of $900. Dude Andy, I know you'd shit if you were here with me when I came across this. Totally awesome shit.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Wow, it's really beat to shit.
Terrible condition, not even worth touching it you might get aids.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Wow, it's really beat to shit.
Terrible condition, not even worth touching it you might get aids.

So funny you'd mention. After I first fondled the cab for awhile I went out to get a bite to eat. As I gripped my burger tight with my hands I had a Vietnam Esque' flashback of what I'd just been touching and I immediately threw my burger away before I even got one bite out of it. It's fine, I just had to choose either that burger or one of the miraculous strains of hepititis..... Man Too_Short, I really wanted that burger. :crying:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Bummer about that greedy arcade op Rez. It may be fate. Who knows....On your next trip to japan, you may find another mvs cocktail in better shape for the same or less. Crossing my fingers for ya man.

Droid

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good to see that Japan has it's share of Bad-Buinsess poor maintance ops.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
never mind...
Hahaha. I got the message. PM box cleared. ( I didn't realize that I was getting so popular)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If there's one, there's gotta be another. What if after you buy it (and spend thousands doing it), you find another in better condition and for a cheaper price?

It just seems like you would be spending too much for it. Even as a collector, the condition of it just doesnt justify all of the associated costs.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
If there's one, there's gotta be another. What if after you buy it (and spend thousands doing it), you find another in better condition and for a cheaper price?

It just seems like you would be spending too much for it. Even as a collector, the condition of it just doesnt justify all of the associated costs.

I know how to play my cards. As for where it stands now, I refuse to pay those prices. This is also something that I would gladly pay $1000 for any day of the week, even in that condition. Just remember that behind all this drama lies a Neo Cocktail cabinet.

Rade K

20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I know how to play my cards. As for where it stands now, I refuse to pay those prices. This is also something that I would gladly pay $1000 for any day of the week, even in that condition. Just remember that behind all this drama lies a Neo Cocktail cabinet.

Do you think that screen still pops up??

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah man, no dice, without the carts that means Nephew Neo doesnt get his Metal Slug X consulting fee. After all, this is what is important.

When you return that damn cab will still be there and then you can go to him and ask him: "So how much have you made off this piece of shit since ive been gone?"= and laugh out loud man like an EVIL VILLAIN!

The sequel will be where your in charge and he'll be begging you to take it from him for $350+ the games! MUAHAHAHA!

probably wont go down like that but I can see you taking all them games + the machine for a price YOU will be happy with.

- if you get the cab early enough though, just slide that MSX cart and MM out of the cab and ship it to me.

Ill be waiting for your PM.
good luck.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Just elaborate a plan to steal it overnight. You'll just have to pay for shipping then.
Sure, he'll certainly assume you're the thief, but does he know anything about you ?

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
ResOGlas said:
Well, I went back and talked with him again. I explained that it was only worth about half of what I was offering and he still didn't want to let it go cheap. He then dropped his price to $1000 (So cheap, lol). I then counter offered $550, and said the he gets to keep all the games. Now, this is an extremely good deal for him. He can immediately drop the games in another cab and the neo wouldn't be missed. He still said $1000, with or without the games. I'll be back in Japan this June, and by then maybe I can have a bit more reserached secured about international freighting. I would like to pull this off and have her in my house for somewhere around the $1000 area. It sounds like a lot, but it is worth it to me. $2000, however, is not. $1000 Neo cab + van rental + crate and shipping materials + shipping = too much. I really wanted this badly. Don't worry for Unky ResOGlas, I'll get her. Just give it time.

It's rare but come on it's way to beat-up for that kind of price. Did you also factor in the cost of restoration? $500 bucks is more than enough for that and since you're going back to Japan you may find a similar unit with better condition and a less greedy salesperson/operator/owner ;)

The things we do when we really want something so badly. Anyway, if it will make you REALLY happy then fire away. $500 or a $1000 is a small price for satisfaction that would last you a long time:)

Rade K

20 Year Member
Will it even survive the shipping? Take some more time to think about it Res.

I know the excitement is high, but the product might not stack up to expectations once the glow wears off.

What would briggs say?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
sp shameful. :oh_no:

next time you might be able to brab it for $500 though unless the guy is mildly to extremely mentally retarded. how much is 100 yen like $1 per play!? and how big is that monitor looks small?

on a brighter note that thing could EASILY be restored to nm - m condish many of its parts are related to the cab already posted (which i used to have as well):

MVS-U4-33b.jpg

cp overlay, access doors, the entire bottom half looks like the bottom half of that cab. only problem points is the foot guard is hopeless (if its a bolt on part you can prolly swap one from a different candy) and the two stickers on the marquee would take some time to replicate (get some good pics b4 you start stripping stuff off so you can have some replacements made at some point).

other than that this looks VERY straightforward. what we got here is a white cube with a monitor.

$1000 WAY yoo high. stick to your guns next time $500 take it or leave it after a couple months maybe he will come to his senses. can you speak jap fluent?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hahah that japanese dude probably things your like some white idiot. Dont give him a penny for that junk cab either. If he doesn't take 500$ its not worth it, its not even worth 500$.

We need to stop concentrating on this rare shit and see these items for there usefulness.
Cabs are nice to have solely for play.
If its more then a Neo 50', chances are your getting ripped.

lostdog

Quiz Detective
Look, Res, you need to play his game. This guy is like a used cars salesmen, and at this point you are showing too much interest. You make an offer, show him the cash, then leave your phone number and walk out. He knows you have money, and he knows you want it so he's giving you the works right now. Second, $500 tops man, if you were in Ohio or something right now and stumbled on that I'd say OK, for a collectors piece $1000... but once shipping is figured in... well, I know you've already come to that conclusion I'm just sort of reeling in the absurd asking price that man gave you.

I think your plan to wait until summer is great, that cab isn't going anywhere, especially not at that price... plus by then you'll have a much cooler head over the whole situation. I know it isn't helping your cause to be excited right now, and I know you really wanted that cab, but at least we've all got some great pictures now, and proof they really did exist.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Leaving contact info is the best way.....

Let the man wait until he needs some money for something...

Let that $500 torture him.......

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Also, hopefully They US dollar will rise somewhat by the summer....

Then you will be able to either make a better offer.

And you should be able to ship it for less.