August Underground Strikers 1945 PLUS TS=830,400, SEPT VP start 9.7.13

2wcjiw9.jpg

foxhound1022 - 830,400 - Spitfire - 1-8 - MVS

Man, I panic bombed the hell outta that last form. I had 1 life going into it, and as soon as he changed, I got nailed with that bullet barf. I just bombed and hid behind my planes, hoping the bastard would go down. Then I promptly died at the start of the next stage.:emb:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
That is just impressive. Guess I'm focusing too much on the gold.

yeah i was focusing too much on the gold at first as well just started trying to stay alive and grab the gold when i can scores went up a lot right away but this game is so damn hard i still cant get past 1-4

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
2wcjiw9.jpg

Man, I panic bombed the hell outta that last form. I had 1 life going into it, and as soon as he changed, I got nailed with that bullet barf. I just bombed and hid behind my planes, hoping the bastard would go down. Then I promptly died at the start of the next stage.:emb:

Nice, I've got the next two days off, let's se what I can come up with ;)

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
2wcjiw9.jpg

damn man i can barely get half that. Can we do UN squadron next month so i can feel good about myself lol.

damn man i can barely get half that. Can we do UN squadron next month so i can feel good about myself lol.

Thanks. I just grind away at games until I start remembering things like patterns and enemy placements. I'll put a good amount of time into stuff, and I always start each run from the beginning; none of that MAME save-state garbage. I know it's a good learning tool, but I think it detracts from the game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks. I just grind away at games until I start remembering things like patterns and enemy placements. I'll put a good amount of time into stuff, and I always start each run from the beginning; none of that MAME save-state garbage. I know it's a good learning tool, but I think it detracts from the game.

Yea I can't get into the whole MAME thing, play it and play it for real.

oh yeah im with you guys if i cant play the real thing i wont even bother screw mame and all emulation for that matter

Granted, MAME is a good way to play some awesome games for nothing, but just the hassle of downloading ROMs, then making sure you have all the files to run it, whether or not the dump is good; it's just a tremendous pain in the dick.

One of these days I need to quit being a cheap bastard and get a supergun or something. Right now the only arcade hardware I have is a CMVS.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Granted, MAME is a good way to play some awesome games for nothing, but just the hassle of downloading ROMs, then making sure you have all the files to run it, whether or not the dump is good; it's just a tremendous pain in the dick.

One of these days I need to quit being a cheap bastard and get a supergun or something. Right now the only arcade hardware I have is a CMVS.

well my whole thing is that im a purist and i dont enjoy playing games on emulator at all, it makes me feel dirty. Also collecting is a passion of mine and i love having the real thing.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
well my whole thing is that im a purist and i dont enjoy playing games on emulator at all, it makes me feel dirty. Also collecting is a passion of mine and i love having the real thing.

This!

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

Doesn't mean you have to cheat just because you can... I use mame if the emulation is perfect, and for the neo-geo, it's perfect. Besides, I'm lazy, switching games in hyperspin is much faster than switching PCBs, i/o, etc...

anyways, back on topic.... I switched to the pancake, the hitbox is bigger, but overall it's a better beginner plane.

codecrank - f5u - 1-4 - 423,700 - mame

9507868173_13eb678b1d_z.jpg

TurboCro

AESwipe,
TurboCro - 306,100 - F5U - 1-3 - MVS

2hgczdk.jpg

Finally broke 300k after gettin blessed by a panda :kekeke:

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Heh, just foolin with ya. You shoulda seen kiddyp, when he was billyM for a day : p

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Well shit. This is one of those good fights, eh? I'm going to try for a top 5 score if doable, that top spot is disgusting! :eek:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Little blurry, hmm... you doctoring them or wht? j/k

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Big thanks to oldschool for hooking me up with a cart.

Literally my first 2 runs ever at this game, once with no auto fire on C (and the wrong initials) and once with auto. Posting since I'm not dead fucking last.
s1945.jpg

skate323k137 - 291,600 - F5U - 1-3 - MVS

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Updated! Glad you got a cart skate, enjoy!

I scooped another cab today, always bitter sweet to take something off location tho.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
@skate323k137
Hey mate, glad you could join the fun in here.

But i think i give up on this, i keep getting my ass kicked and can´t get any better.