August Underground Strikers 1945 PLUS TS=830,400, SEPT VP start 9.7.13

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I took another couple of runs last night but with no luck. My best score was done on my second run on the first day, and never got better...

Another problem i have is that i can´t master the timing on those bloddy shiny gold bars. It's annoying!!!

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
It seems like you have to go for the gold a little early. Pick them up just before they are full on white and it usually gives you the full amount.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
It seems like you have to go for the gold a little early. Pick them up just before they are full on white and it usually gives you the full amount.

they seem to blink every 2 seconds

you can hover right next to them until you see them blink they scoop them up for the full point amount. the problem with that technique is that all the enemies will shooting their bullets are your gold.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Playing this game this much made me go back and revisit the XBL 1942 joint strike game that was decent. Anyone else have it?/remember it etc..

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Playing this game this much made me go back and revisit the XBL 1942 joint strike game that was decent. Anyone else have it?/remember it etc..

when it first came out, I dug it, but that was before I knew about the other gems like 1941, and 19XX. I think I deleted it, but I did enjoy it for a bit.

I've got the neo running on my blast city now, thought I would try it with the sanwa jlf as opposed to the seimitsu ls-32, I don't mind the switch on fighters, but I'm not wild about the jlf on this game, especially with all the tight weaving. I've tried many times, and still can't even come close to my hi score again on either cab, this game is brutal :(

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
4th boss is tough. I need to save a few more bombs. The more I play the worse I get.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
4th boss is tough. I need to save a few more bombs. The more I play the worse I get.

Rank increases as you hoard bombs.
Rank increases the longer you live.
Rank increases as you collect powerups.
Rank increases as you sleep.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
oldschool - 355000 - P38 - 1-4 - MVS

IMG_1694_zps2e0d7137.jpg

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I've had good luck with this method in most of the Strikers games. Luckily you get plenty of chances to scoop them up; this isn't Raiden DX where you get one flash before they drop to minimal value forever.

Although honestly, for a new player I would focus more on survival than trying to max every gold bar. This isn't Mars Matrix or Blazing Star where some people get bigger scores on stage 2 than others get by stage 4. Making it to the next level will net you more points than maxing out every gold and taking a bad hit.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sometimes I use a bomb when there are a lot of gold onscreen so I can collect them without running out of places to dodge.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
broke 400k a couple days ago and felt like i could have done a lot better so i havent posted it yet but i havent had time to play the last couple days so i will get some more runs in this weekend and see what i can do.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This is one of my favorite Neo games. I just popped it in last night after I saw this thread (haven't played it in months). I did a few runs and couldn't quite break 500k. I'll post a pic/score once I break 600k. I'm gunnin' for ya, panda man.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Reclaiming my 2nd place spot...
Jeffpin - 462,300 - F5U - 1-5 - MVS

u8e5ebug.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This is one of my favorite Neo games. I just popped it in last night after I saw this thread (haven't played it in months). I did a few runs and couldn't quite break 500k. I'll post a pic/score once I break 600k. I'm gunnin' for ya, panda man.

Cool, I've got another waiting in the wings ;)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Cool, I've got another waiting in the wings ;)

Nice. So, you're sitting on a higher score till somebody threatens your top spot (a la Billy Mitchell)?

It's my wife's birthday today, but hopefully I'll get some time to play a few rounds over the weekend.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice. So, you're sitting on a higher score till somebody threatens your top spot (a la Billy Mitchell)?

It's my wife's birthday today, but hopefully I'll get some time to play a few rounds over the weekend.

Yes I do, but don't worry, it won't be a picture with a warble that makes the score jump up 10,000 points ;)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Time To Play The Game!! :lolz:

---

Jesus: 1-6!! With a score like that you're the Devil-Man.

Last edited: