Atomiswave Shock Box for Battle Coliseum

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
neogeocollector said:
loopyeddie You should make a post in the Arcade section on this! I am sure some are missing it here and your work kicks ass!!! Very cool man and keep up the good work!

Okay. I'm working on getting these on my site now, when I finish it up, I'll post something. Thanks for your advice everybody.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
demofistinsert.jpg

Very subtle changes, but add something to it. Worked off eddies, so thats why the logo aint quite right

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Alright, they are all up on my site. Go to the bottom of the inserts page to find them. I am uploading the Photoshop layered files so you guys can easily tweak them.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
loopyeddie said:
Okay, Qube talked me into posting these. I might just have to cut my break short. We'll see.

I have made a few inserts for the genesis cases.

As far as the cases go, here's the ones I know work: Bill Walsh College Football, John Madden 93, and Bulls versus Blazers.

I cut a piece of dense, thin foam and spray glued it into the cartridge pocket, and it makes the case absolutely perfect. I plan on posting a "how-to" and these inserts for download on my site soon. Let me know what you think, and if there is any interest.

demolishfist.jpg

kingoffightersneowave.jpg

knightsofvalour.jpg

These look nice, but I think they would look a lot better using this format:

cover.jpg

I still think all of them should have the Atomiswave logo on the front, though...

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Neon_Sonic said:
These look nice, but I think they would look a lot better using this format:

cover.jpg

I still think all of them should have the Atomiswave logo on the front, though...

Why don't you make some? All the stuff you have made before looks great.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
loopyeddie said:
Why don't you make some? All the stuff you have made before looks great.

Thanks, but I don't actually own any Atomiswave games and I don't really have any experience working with PDFs, etc. so there's really not a whole lot of point in me making some. I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

Curt

apostate
8man showed me this awhile back, and I must say Again it's really top notch work.

Nice work by loopy eddie as well.

Congrats guys.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Neon_Sonic said:
Thanks, but I don't actually own any Atomiswave games and I don't really have any experience working with PDFs, etc. so there's really not a whole lot of point in me making some. I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

That's cool, I really suck at Photoshop and making these takes me forever, so I don't plan on screwing around with them much more. That's why I posted the full PSD files. I plan on making a Dolphin Blue one, then no more for a little while.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
loopyeddie said:
That's cool, I really suck at Photoshop and making these takes me forever, so I don't plan on screwing around with them much more. That's why I posted the full PSD files. I plan on making a Dolphin Blue one, then no more for a little while.

Well, I may have a go at one or two at some point.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
I ran out of art for neowave lol. Saw that I was using some of the same that Eddie used too, but thats OK lol. Only big image i could find :P

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
all you guys stuff looks great! i'm going to make shockboxes for everything in my sig now!!! :mr_t:

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Heres my first box ive made:
neowaveshock.jpg

made for the genesis case. Couldnt find enough art to finish it how id like, but its my first one, so it doesnt have to be my best :P If yad like to have it on your site, send me a PM loopy and ill send you the full thing

Edit: Theres a scanline thing that you cant see on this page, so the left side doesnt look so plain on paper. I dont have a Atomiswave or Neowave, so i dont know if all the info is right (i found it from various sources). If someone uses it, take a picture for me if you would :)

8man

Administrator
Nice Work Borman!

I think the white background for the Atomiswave inserts are the Best!
They are really clean, and will look Great in a bookcase.

The Gray ones by Loopy look dull, and don't work with the logos.
(Logos look pasted on). I'm not trying to dis Loopy because he does some great work.

comments on your layout:

The picture on the front Rocks!

The Neowave Titles on the front and spine are too big
Logos on the bottom and spine are too small
...I think the Sammy logo is now replaced by SEGA.

The Red line was intended to extend from the spine to the back of the insert.

Overall, I think the back of the Insert needs work.
Mostly with the content: Information and ratings.
I have some Great Ideas for the back layout,
and will update the attached picture soon...

(see attached)

8MAN

neowave.jpg

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
8man said:
Nice Work Borman!

I think the white background for the Atomiswave inserts are the Best!
They are really clean, and will look Great in a bookcase.

The Gray ones by Loopy look dull, and don't work with the logos.
(Logos look pasted on). I'm not trying to dis Loopy because he does some great work.

comments on your layout:

The picture on the front Rocks!

The Neowave Titles on the front and spine are too big
Logos on the bottom and spine are too small
...I think the Sammy logo is now replaced by SEGA.

The Red line was intended to extend from the spine to the back of the insert.

Overall, I think the back of the Insert needs work.
Mostly with the content: Information and ratings.
I have some Great Ideas for the back layout,
and will update the attached picture soon...

(see attached)

8MAN

neowave.jpg

I really liked the white also, and it looks good in a Shock Box, but it looks dirty in a Genesis case. They have a somewhat textured clear sleeve, plus it is impossible to find one in perfect mint condition. When you put a white insert in there it looks like your game case is dirty and you can easily see all the imperfections.

The white looks great on paper, and great in your Shock Box one, but as soon as you try it in a old genesis case, you'll be dissappointed. The grey hides this very well.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm going to buy some EA megadrive games for the cases and try to print some of those inserts :drool:

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Yea i know the back needed work. The thing is, i know almost nothing about neowave, and there arent exactly a lot good art for it. Its definatly not what i had pictured, but it worked heh.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I don't have an Atomiswave system but I like what you guys have come up with. Here's something I might do with a Neowave insert. Ofcourse, the back would need to be filled with content/screenshots, etc.

KOFNW.jpg

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
NeoCverA said:
I don't have an Atomiswave system but I like what you guys have come up with. Here's something I might do with a Neowave insert. Ofcourse, the back would need to be filled with content/screenshots, etc.

KOFNW.jpg

Nice! I know we'd all love it if you would make some of these, I imagine the desire isn't really there if you don't have an AW though...

Feel free to upload that file if you want, NeoC!

In other news, I have made a Dolphin Blue insert.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Borman said:
Heres my first box ive made:
neowaveshock.jpg

made for the genesis case. Couldnt find enough art to finish it how id like, but its my first one, so it doesnt have to be my best :P If yad like to have it on your site, send me a PM loopy and ill send you the full thing

Edit: Theres a scanline thing that you cant see on this page, so the left side doesnt look so plain on paper. I dont have a Atomiswave or Neowave, so i dont know if all the info is right (i found it from various sources). If someone uses it, take a picture for me if you would :)

Hey Borman! I sent you a PM about uploading that insert onto my site. I'll put it up if you send it to me.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
supergoose79 said:
i'd drop the spine's snk-playmore logo, but otherwise it's the best aw insert so far. imo.

I agree. The white still bugs me a bit in that it looks dirty in an old Genesis case. About the Sega logo, I thought KOF NW was just SNK Playmore and Sammy?

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
NeoCverA said:

KOFNW.jpg

NeoCverA... here to save the day.