Are the reactions to Trump winning rational?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I think everyone's vote should count, as did they, it's just that to give each state something approximating their own 'say' we need an electoral college to make that a reality. If you remove the electoral college you weaken the voice of those in undesirable geographical areas, second hand, if you will.

And remember, populous states already get the lion's share of electoral votes.

The only reason anyone makes a big deal about the popular vote vs. the electoral college today is because of how polarized times have become. Twice in recent years we've had a republican win a narrow contested victory against a democrat where the popular tally won out by a small margin. If this trend keeps on a few more times in the next decades, then I would give serious consideration to take the drastic step of messing with our electoral system.

The electorial college has 2 problems I see.

#1. Unless you're in a swing state your vote is next to useless.

a. Most states have a majority of Republicans if they are more rural or Democrats if they are urban. If you aren't the most you can hope for is amking it closer.

b. Swing states are basically the only thing that matters to worry about making it go one way or another. So if you don't live there why bother?

#2. Areas that have ridiculously less people get more representation then densly populated ones. A state like Wyoming gets more electorial votes per person then California gets per person. In doing that you give people in rural areas more of a voice then urban ones. Yes it would mean big cities would have a stronger voice but in the way it works now the majority of people are technically considered the minority since their vote means less then people in sparsely populated areas. It seems pretty fucked up all things considered.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The founding fathers blah blah
The founding fathers only wanted rich old white landowning men to be able to vote...so we should go back to that?
It's an outdated system and needs to be updated, he have the technology today we can make it happen.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Funny how all that "Russia hacked the election" stuff quietly disappeared once the electoral college voted him in. Is this that "fake news" I've been hearing so much about?

Yup...just like all the "Donald trump raped me!!!" claims stopped the second the election was over...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Funny how all that "Russia hacked the election" stuff quietly disappeared once the electoral college voted him in. Is this that "fake news" I've been hearing so much about?

LOL yeah, not so much...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
LOL yeah, not so much...

Obama is being an unnecessary fuck about all of this...thankfully he and his shit foreign policy is near completion.

The deal is this, he and his administration have been serious assholes to Russia for the past 8 years running. He has shoved his useless opinions about them in the world's face again and again...and Putin finally had enough of his meddling and fired back. Now he's being a fuck about it...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Obama is being an unnecessary fuck about all of this...thankfully he and his shit foreign policy is near completion.

The deal is this, he and his administration have been serious assholes to Russia for the past 8 years running. He has shoved his useless opinions about them in the world's face again and again...and Putin finally had enough of his meddling and fired back. Now he's being a fuck about it...

You're delusional.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Russia? Where gays and lesbians are oppressed; self serving oligarchs govern under the firm grip of a former KGB director turned bandit?

The real mistakes of Obama were domestic. Letting liberals careen into elitism against the Midwest, and pushing them further away from science and math, deeper into their buttfuck retarded bibles. The US foreign policy has been pretty bad (Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Israel), but at no point in the past 8 years has the Russian government been a victim of the US.

We need to read more about these conflicts, and learn how to spot the propaganda and dismiss it. Obama's shitty foreign policy will prove to be less harmful than a foreign policy directed by Rex Tillerson, paralleled by a domestic policy directed by the tea party.

Marek

Banned

Lol

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Holy shit, what drugs are you taking?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Putin has at the very least been extremely assertive in recent years, if not aggressive. Are we supposed to sit back and let authoritarian regimes in Russia and China take over the world? Why do you think the Russians wanted Trump to win?!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Going back to the electoral college thing, do this one day for fun:
Next time you have a group of people vote, tally up everything and then say "Well majority rules, oh wait no it doesn't.... we're a democratic republic and as the leader I say this is what we're doing."

Wow Smokehouse has said some goofy things over the years, it's getting worse though. If he's not on drugs, which I don't think he is, he definitely needs them.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Are they really still pushing that Russian hackers narrative? I wonder if that announcement Trump is going to make on Tuesday will have anything to do with this. I wouldn't be surprised if he denied their involvement officially. I don't generally watch the news, but it was on in another room & I heard a headline of something like "Russian hacker malware found on laptop at power grid. Laptop confirmed to not be hooked up to anything" and just shaking my head at how ridiculous it all sounds. The general public is probably getting tired of all this. The news before & after he gets sworn in is going to be night & day.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Nearly 2 months later and I am still in awe that a reality show TV star became president of the superpower of the world.

And now there are people gearing up for the next election cycle...this is insanity.

Though, if there's one thing Trump's doing right, it's not giving a fuck about China's feelings. Obama failed in that regard.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Are they really still pushing that Russian hackers narrative? I wonder if that announcement Trump is going to make on Tuesday will have anything to do with this. I wouldn't be surprised if he denied their involvement officially. I don't generally watch the news, but it was on in another room & I heard a headline of something like "Russian hacker malware found on laptop at power grid. Laptop confirmed to not be hooked up to anything" and just shaking my head at how ridiculous it all sounds. The general public is probably getting tired of all this. The news before & after he gets sworn in is going to be night & day.

News is already 24/7 and you don't watch it anyway so I wouldn't sweat it.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Nearly 2 months later and I am still in awe that a reality show TV star became president of the superpower of the world.

And now there are people gearing up for the next election cycle...this is insanity.
Kayne 2020

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Have you seen what has happened to white people (particularly the republican loving heartland) over the past 30 years?

Massive job losses (particularly in the manufacturing sector)
Drug epidemics.
Falling Life expectancy

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

What laptop do you know that isn't "hooked up to anything"?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Stuxnet was designed to infect computers offline. It did it by running multiple zero day entry points. It could spread online, or offline through USB, as well as 2 other points that I forgot about. This method was replicated in the cyber attack that destroyed part of an aramco oil refinery, and could possibly be laying dormant in US power grids. If a power grid goes down in any country, the number of civilian injury, much less deaths, from hospitals that lose power, and traffic systems that shut down, would create a greater disaster than 9/11.

Throughout the election cycle I wanted Hillary and Trump to debate this without using layman's terms. It never happened. We keep the people stupid and then think accordingly.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Single target custom firmware altering centrifuge timings to degrade over a long period of time while displaying normal functioning system stats, no one caught it until mechanical systems started failing en masse

neither would've been able to understand what it was let alone articulate & debate it

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
People had a hard enough time undemanding the difference between a charity foundation bearing a person's name and a personal enterprise.