Anyone still playing Warhammer 40K these days? (tabletop game)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
GenCon Week!

Also, Mantic has their Descent clone on Kickstarter. Not sure about this one, but I backed it anyways. I actually own some of the original Dwarf King's Hold. Much faster than Descent, and Mantic makes some good mini's.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dungeon-saga-the-dwarf-kings-quest

I'm not signed up for much. Some X-Wing miniatures free for all. and I'm getting dragged to TD again.

I almost submitted a model for painting competition this year, but I am too harsh on my own models. >.<

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Looking forward to GenCon for sure.

I've not got any events planed. Just going to hang out and meet up with some friends and such. Also, a few releases I hope to pick up.

While, I always have a good time going, I kind of feel like the last few years have been getting progressively worse. I don't know if it is due to economic reasons or just the increase in attendance to the convention or what. I also think the whole V.I.G. tickets are part of the problem. Those sell out so quick and far too many of them are just going to people so they can get into the dealers room before the public and buy exclusives to resale on line. I was surprised last few years at how many items had sold out before the dealer room doors opened to the public.

One of the worst last year was one of the other vendors who happen to be a place around where I'm at, having bought the tickets just to buy up as many exclusives as they could and had them for sale at 3 and 4x the price at their booth later that day. They have a whole bunch of people there to work their booth too on the first morning, who then break away right when the doors open and run to buy stuff their vig guys were not able to get in line for. So the booth has like 1-2 people in it for the first hour or two and then like 6 or seven after that. One of guys I game with sometimes works for them and has for a few years and that's been part of his job at con every year.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Please play the Warhammer 40k LCG and let me know how it is.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bump from beyond
soy29t.jpg

Current incarnation of Vlad von Carstein, bad pic sorry.

*asdf*

I'll have to fix the highlights on the pelt, they are quite crude atm.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Games Workshop just announced Total War: Warhammer.

Definitely has my interest piqued. Wish it was Total War: Warhammer 40K though.

As always late your stuff is looking great.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
rawr. tabletop quality.
Bought a set of Cygnar for Warmachine, painted, then sold em.

FullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender[2].jpg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bump. A Citadel Vampire circa 1986:
17vokw.jpg

fluxcore

Another Striker
Only GW stuff that I would/am playing is Blood Bowl and Necromunda. Other than that, I'm now playing Infinity, which is a very nice game actually.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Only GW stuff that I would/am playing is Blood Bowl and Necromunda. Other than that, I'm now playing Infinity, which is a very nice game actually.

pics or it didn't happen!

I haven't been playing many wargames lately, but I still paint 'em. Here's a few Hordes Minions. I've been playing with my own palettes lately rather than painting everything the same. Yellows are tough.

swampy.jpg

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Damn those look amazing, I'll have to post my space muhreens. I just got a huge amount of chaos base coated but haven't found the energy to start on them yet.

Last edited:

BodyHammeR

I quoted Rot., He Went in DRY!
Played Fantasy and 40k ages ago... All that remains are old codex's for Nids and Orks... Been following the current situation via the internet for a couple of years now, but I am not likely to get back into it, due to restraints from real life.

Did any of you catch episode 100 of Way of the Brush today?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
yeah , Ol rowdy needed a lot of counter balance to sit like that. i melted a few fish weights to the underside of the base.
i really liked playing Cygnar, but i'm still more about Trolls and Gators.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Sometimes it's the simple things that are the most satisfying. I tend to paint simple things like this when i hit a painting wall, and I need to just get some momentum going again.
They look great in scale.

stones.jpg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I need to start some scenery project as well, been thinking of a Elizabethan-style farm house or cottage for Warhammer and general fantasy use.
Elizabethan_Cottage,_Erlestoke_-_geograph.org.uk_-_700399.jpg

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Those totems look great, Sneth!

If my kids ever get to an age where they don't need to be monitored I might have a chance to paint some of my WHQ models :(

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
sxbuio.jpg

Haven't painted a 40k mini in ages, a colour test for my Plague Marines.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Very good. I thought that was a weird color choice until i saw "Plague marine". I can see some detail that would probably look better if you didn't use a potato camera.

I picked up a cheap airbrush this year, and I just started to get the hang of it. I always thought it was easy-mode. It's much much harder than it looks, but now i can paint hordes of orcs in a single evening.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
It's always great to see painted minis. Aside from being motivational, I get to live vicariously through the works of another.

Someday, I'll get around to painting up my Inquisitor stuff.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's always great to see painted minis. Aside from being motivational, I get to live vicariously through the works of another.

Someday, I'll get around to painting up my Inquisitor stuff.

Here's my contribution then :)
I'm actually moving as well, so this is one of the last pictures i'll be able to make for awhile.
All my paints and mini's have been packed away already. Still looking for a new place tho, so ETA is unknown.

IMG_0948.JPGIMG_0949.JPGIMG_0950.JPG

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Holy shit, that's amazing!

And huge looking.

Also, good luck on the house hunting. I know what a pain that can be.

Also.

sxbuio.jpg

Haven't painted a 40k mini in ages, a colour test for my Plague Marines.

I've been looking at your photo for a while. Plague Marines were always the ones I wanted to build an army for. I almost always see them done up in the same kind of sick green color, it's cool to see a different take on them.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice work fellas. One day I'll get there, one day...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Amazing, Sneth. Very inspiring. We recently did our Shadow over Camelot figs, but nowhere nears the quality of your work. Awesome stuff.