Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I doubt it'll happen, but what do you think would be the fallout if Hasbro and Mattel did merge? G.I.JOE and He-man together at last?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ave-held-talks-about-possible-merger-ik8jsx1q

Together, they represent about a quarter of the toy industry, so it's debatable whether the merger would be an antitrust thing or not. Back in 2012, there were rumors about Disney being interested in acquiring Hasbro too, which, given how they're already producing most of the current Marvel and Star Wars toy products, and just got the Frozen and Disney Princess licensing rights out from under Mattel's grip this year, would make a lot of financial sense (cut out the middleman, Disney gets more profits).

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
If Mattel makes an offer to Hasbro, Hasbro would go to Disney and say "want to give us more than this?" And Disney will say yes. I'm hoping none of this happens. I'd like to work at Hasbro at some point and they're in RI. I'd assume they'd move if they merged or were bought.

For changes, probably nothing externally would change. I doubt they'd change factories, designers, etc.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
I am collecting Transformers Masterpiece. I have all numbers no letters. The letter ones are usually just different color sheems. So i have MP-10 but no MP-10B and so on. But its still a lot, just pre ordered MP-29.

I am glad that the stopped the Takara Encore series. I also have all of them. I especially like the Cassetticons.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Nio, would love to see some pics if you could post some. I am thinking about getting more MP Transformers real soon. Right now I only have Grimlock and Soundwave.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I had a couple last year...had an awesome Witchblade figurine...but let them go, dust magnets!.
Used to collect Actionforce when i was a kid...i'm sure they are collectable now though:)

fake

15 Year Member
Heading out to New York Toy Fair Saturday AM. Let me know if anyone wants photos of anything specific and I'll do my best.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Are you going to be exhibiting any of your stuff there, or just going for recreational/education purposes?

fake

15 Year Member
I write for a designer toy magazine and website so I'm reporting for them. Should be fun but I'm assuming 99% of the stuff is action figures instead of art toys so I'll have plenty of time to wander around.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
nn.jpg just got this return of the jedi proof card

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That's a hell of a haul. Is that a D-Arts Zero?

Sorry didn't see this or Voltron's post.

Thanks ResO! Definitely pick one up before all the scalpers get them!

That Zero is actually part of the X-Plus Gigantic Rockman series. The D-Arts figures are super tiny compared to these.

Some new junk... the new Chun Li figure

12677706_1527800310847227_629755838_n.jpg

The Ryu figure that came with the SFV LE... was impressed by it's size

10576137_180718352297350_1068169729_n.jpg

Re-issued R-Type model kit

12716643_222768974733186_216756475_n.jpg

Was actually impressed with the Kirby nendoroid and how all the hats, faces, hands are magnetically attached. Pretty neat, reminds me of the Bandai SoC series

12729646_1670718939883383_1415715361_n.jpg

Does the Rockman helmet count as a "toy" lol

12534060_184262275266539_391725335_n.jpg

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
I'm still waiting for my nendoroid Kirby to show up. Uhg.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The Ryu figure that came with the SFV LE... was impressed by it's size

10576137_180718352297350_1068169729_n.jpg
Am I alone in feeling that high-end fighting sticks have, for a while now, had the joystick much too close to the buttons? It's needlessly awkward.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I'm still waiting for my nendoroid Kirby to show up. Uhg.

Got mine about a week ago alongside my Rockman nendoroid, still haven't opened them to toy around with poses as I'm currently low on shelf space, I was genuinely surprised by how many accessories Kirby came with, not disappointed in my purchase at all

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Am I alone in feeling that high-end fighting sticks have, for a while now, had the joystick much too close to the buttons? It's needlessly awkward.

Yep, then they bring out a "kai" model which moves the joystick away from the buttons. Hori does this all the time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

It's a joke, all that glorious space with them sticks and what a poor layout, some at hori needs to get fired...and that Vewlix layout sucks, someone at Taito needs to get educated on buttons layouts, maybe they could learn a thing or two from SEGA.

Kai sticks are much nicer, 8 buttons suck but plug them and you're all set. The Kai stick is allright, I will change all the hardware when the time comes but for now I'm just gonna beat the shit out of it...just for the different experience...lol.

On topic, just got me some of the Generations TR big guns, Ultra Magnus, Armada Megatron and Skywarp (Tripedorrero I don't need Skywarp anymore, lol) I noticed Optimus Maximus retooling of Motor Master, looks like Ultra Magnus Prime mode...pretty cool, I might just get it. I also would like to get the Megatron retooling of Armada, looks a lot like G1 robot form...no Gun though...sad...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
On topic, just got me some of the Generations TR big guns, Ultra Magnus, Armada Megatron
haha yeah, those are the same two I got.

But if you want an Optimus Prime, there's a redone Powermaster Optimus coming in a few months:

Titans_Return_Optimus.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a retool of the Magnus we both just bought, but it's remolded enough that it looks different enough that I don't mind. And the original Powermaster Optimus was my favorite Transformer figure of all-time, so I can't pass this up. Plus it's the first mainline Optimus in I don't know how long that comes with a trailer.

And also coming later this year is a remake of my other favorite Transformer figure of all-time: FORTRESS MAXIMUS.

5ae3e19651e507ce8ab135be295806f2.jpg

Fortress-Maximus-Robot.jpg

...which, like the original, will be a double-Headmaster, have three modes, and stand at about 2 feet tall. Can't wait, but this one is going to be hard to rationalize to the wife. It takes up a lot of space.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
O-M-F-G-!-!-! I will get both, I know retooling is a bit of a bummer but like you said it's different enough this time around, I'm really digging Generations and I miss Universe, that was a great line. I'd like to get Cyclonus as well, just 'cause it's Cyclonus, the robot form looks great, the ship isn't as cool as the original but still pretty slick.

Edit: Did I miss it or are there plans for a SchockWave Generations? That would be so sick. I wasn't a big fan of Soundwave Generations though, way too far from the original concept.

Edit 2: I always loved the DW comics with the Shockwave Saga, you know, the one where he was the total bad ass behind all the chaos. That issue where Ultra Magnus gets beat up and shells his form to go Optimus White during his fight with Shockwave, oh, that gave me chills, ever since very little I always wanted that to be cannon somehow, I have to admit those issues were more eye candy than anything else but superb eye candy at that.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I might get the Fort Max, I'm not sure. There is a KO that is based on his appearance in IDW that is smaller and looks really nice. PMOP can EAD.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I might get the Fort Max, I'm not sure. There is a KO that is based on his appearance in IDW that is smaller and looks really nice. PMOP can EAD.

I would love to have an IDW sized Fort Max without paying third party prices. For those that don't read the comics, he's just a larger sized and badass regular bot, like Ultra Magnus or Grimlock and not a city sized behemoth.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
WOW!

I'm out of the loop on the Optimus stuff coming out. Can you post a link for buying that?!????

Thanks!