Anybody jumping on the 3DS??

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Just bought the Zelda 3DS XL, and enjoying it quite a bit. What are some of the best 3DS download only games?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Pushmo and Crashmo are great as well as some of the downloadable classics.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Just bought the Zelda 3DS XL, and enjoying it quite a bit. What are some of the best 3DS download only games?

Pushmo
Mighty Switch Force!
Streamworld Dig
Mutant Mudds
Cave Story

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I really enjoyed Entrian Odyssey IV. You can download the Demo on the nintendo shop. The demo gives you a nice amount of gameplay to judge if you would want to buy it or not.

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I also just bought the Zelda 3DS XL bundle this weekend and had a chance to play it last night.
Makes me wonder why I didn't buy one sooner, I'm very impressed with it so far.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I think it's the best console out right now period, there are a wealth of games, and you have the amazing DS library to use as well.
If you are in the US there are some amazing deals and bundles this week so now is the time for anyone on the fence.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
the 3DS is, from a games and quality perspective, the best system to get for the holidays period. plenty of great games, tons of support, cheap, and will continue to be supported for a long time to come. I love mine and encourage anyone out there who is remotely considering it to jump in adn enjoy.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll add VVVVVV to the list of awesome download games if you haven't played it elsewhere.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I thought the Kirby 3D Classics turned out great and I really enjoyed it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed Entrian Odyssey IV. You can download the Demo on the nintendo shop. The demo gives you a nice amount of gameplay to judge if you would want to buy it or not.

How is the difficulty? I played the original EO on DS and it got stupid hard toward the end where I have to reroll to have a chance. I don't want to spend another 30-50 hours so I never played another.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
How is the difficulty? I played the original EO on DS and it got stupid hard toward the end where I have to reroll to have a chance. I don't want to spend another 30-50 hours so I never played another.

More of the same, except the enemies are very well animated.

You can take it or leave it.

Personally, if you must have an rpg you're better off with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just wanted to throw this out there, the eShop is having a massive sale.
Here are the new deals for this week:

3D Game Collection - $4.99 - 17% Off - Ends 1/9
3D MahJongg - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9
American Mensa Academy - $4.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Arc Style: Soccer 3D - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
Art of Balance Touch - $5.99 - 14% Off - Ends 1/2
ATV Wild Ride 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Big Bass Arcade: No Limit - $4.99 - 29% Off - Ends 1/2
Bomb Monkey - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
Brunch Panic - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
Cave Story - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/3
Deer Hunting King - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
Family Kart 3D - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
Family Tennis 3D - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
Funfair Party Games - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/9
Gardenscapes - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
Ikachan - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/3
Jewel Match 3 - $5.99 - 14% Off - Ends 1/9
Murder on the Titanic - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/9
Mutant Mudds - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2
NightSky - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/3
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/25
Project X Zone - $14.99 - 57% Off
Saban's Power Rangers Megaforce - $19.99 - 43% Off - Ends 1/1
Secret Agent Files: Miami - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 1/9
Smash Bowling 3D - $3.49 - 25% Off - Ends 1/2
Sweet Memories: Black Jack - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
Swords & Soldiers 3D - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
Tangram Style - $3.99 - 43% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Vector Racing - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 1/9
VVVVVV - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 1/3
Wakedas - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/8
Witch and Hero - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 1/8
World Conqueror 3D - $3.99 - 33% Off - Ends 1/8

I highly recommend Cave Story for 7 bucks, can't beat it at that price.

Pope Sazae

That is a killer sale. Going to pick up Cave Story, 3D Mahjong, Big Bass Arcade, Deer Hunting King and probably a couple others. Project x Zone going to $15 is great for anyone that hasn't gotten that insane game yet.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Think I might pick up Cave Story. I've only played the demo of it, yes I'm a bad boy.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Just wanted to throw this out there, the eShop is having a massive sale.
Here are the new deals for this week:.

Thanks for the heads up I aint touch my 3ds in a while.
I'm sad I got Project X Zone at full price.
The game was kinda disappointing, I wish it was a pocket fighter like the neogeo pocket SNK vs Capcom.
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun I just found it got stale fast.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I guess since this is the default 3DS thread, anybody else download the system update? I went to download the 1.2 patch for Pokemon X and I had to update the system before it let me onto the shop channel. It says it's an "overall stability update" I haven't played around with it to notice anything different.

Think I might pick up Cave Story. I've only played the demo of it, yes I'm a bad boy.

One of the best games on the 3DS. You won't be disappointed. I'm not a huge Metroid / Castlevania fan but I beat all of Cave Story and really enjoyed it.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I guess since this is the default 3DS thread, anybody else download the system update? I went to download the 1.2 patch for Pokemon X and I had to update the system before it let me onto the shop channel. It says it's an "overall stability update" I haven't played around with it to notice anything different.

I did the update before buying Streets of Rage & Shinobi III 3D classics. Did not notice a single change, but also did not experience any issues with it either.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Bad news for anybody looking forward to the Pokemon Bank/Pokemon Transfer. Nintendo just announced they took the app offline because it was causing the servers to slow down. What an awesome idea. Let's release an app for one of the most popular games on the system right after Christmas...yeah like that's not going to cause the servers to grind to a screeching halt. On top of that, even if you don't care about the two apps, the Shop Channel is slow or won't even open at all. Hope I can still grab some of the Christmas sales before they drop.

Pope Sazae

Got a few gift cards for the eShop but no matter how much I try I cannot get into it today. Finally installed the update on my system, is there any way to check and see what version I am on?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's in the system settings somewhere, but I don't have my system in front if me to tell you exactly where.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've managed to log in the eshop for a few minutes and picked up Ikachan. I wanted to play this before Cave Story.

This game is fookin' cool until it's not. I mean, the moment you think this is probably the best game you've played since Balloon Kid and Super Metroid, the game goes all like "FUCK YOU, THIS IS THE END".

I have too much hope in Cave Story now. I hope it won't ruin it.