Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Have you guys seen "Code of Princess"?
It was released in Japan last week.

Looks very similar to Guardian Heroes.
It has 4 player online co-op as well!!
I doubt this will get a US release though. :(

And of course the 3deees is region locked like a chump.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Do you know if there is a way to transfer everything from the current SD card onto the new one, or do you just keep the old and use both?

If your PC or laptop has an sd card reader there shouldn't be a problem. Or if you have a second 3DS there's also a 3DS to 3DS transfer over wifi option.

Check Nintendo support, they break it down pretty well.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_apps.jsp?menu=transfer

P.S. - with that 3DS XL Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon promo running maybe it's time to upgrade the system aswell?

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

I received my new SD card on Friday, so I've spent most of the weekend enjoying my new 3DS XL. What a wonderful system this thing is. Even though the screen is (and therefore the system) twice as large as the standard 3DS the XL somehow feels lighter. The larger surface area also results in my hands not hurting as much after prolonged play sessions. There's also the slightly larger speakers for better audio, and I like how the top screen hinge clicks into place at two different locations.

This is the what the standard 3DS should've been. It's glorious.

Magician

20 Year Member
Is it fair to celebrate the 3DS beginning its third year of existence? I think so. Happy second birthday, 3DS. Your first year was rough, with only a few games worth playing. But in this past year I think you've really hit your stride.

If you show me a couple more surprises not named Animal Crossing or Pokemon X/Y this year...I may start to like you more than the DS.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Is it fair to celebrate the 3DS beginning its third year of existence? I think so. Happy second birthday, 3DS. Your first year was rough, with only a few games worth playing. But in this past year I think you've really hit your stride.

If you show me a couple more surprises not named Animal Crossing or Pokemon X/Y this year...I may start to like you more than the DS.

Absolutely. I think I am already at the point where I can say that I like the 3DS more than the DS.

These are the games that I have right now. They have given me so much entertainment over the past couple of years:

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Brothers 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario Kart 7
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver
Pilotwings Resort
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
Code of Princess
Heroes of Ruin
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Tekken 3D Prime Edition
Ridge Racer 3D
Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm

The only so-so games I'd say were Steel Diver and Paper Mario...

Amd this list is not even counting the eShop games (of which there are many great ones).

I honestly cannot remember the last time I enjoyed playing games as much as Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Resident Evil Revelations - but it's safe to say it has been many many many years.

Best system available now.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Agreed, I'm glad I waited to pick one up but the quality of the games now are outstanding. Nintendo really does shine in the handheld department and not once have I bought a Nintendo handheld and been disappointed.

Magician

20 Year Member
Just wanted to point out that there's a system update for the 3DS.

Nintendo reports that the update improves eShop stability and functionality.

"Users will no longer need to close the Nintendo eShop application to ensure the "Download Later" feature works while the Nintendo 3DS is in Sleep Mode. Other improvements to usability have been made, including the ability to download software update data in the background." -Nintendo

If the 3ds version of monster hunter had online( like it should of) then id be more happy but that game alone is worth my 3ds purchase.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I used to have a DS back in the day. God I loved that thing. Now debating getting a 3DS XL. What's your opinion? Should I pick one up or wait a few and see if Nintendo announces a new system in the next couple months?

(damn I wish the monster hunter 3ds xl bundle was available in the US. really don't want a blue/red 3ds)

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Initially I wasn't excited about the red or blue 3DS XL systems....but I ended up getting a red one, and I have to say it looks alot better in person.

Also, not sure if it is your thing...but the yellow special Pikachu edition is also an XL :)

Magician

20 Year Member
I used to have a DS back in the day. God I loved that thing. Now debating getting a 3DS XL. What's your opinion? Should I pick one up or wait a few and see if Nintendo announces a new system in the next couple months?

(damn I wish the monster hunter 3ds xl bundle was available in the US. really don't want a blue/red 3ds)

I have no idea if Nintendo will do another iteration of the 3DS. The circle pro pad only supports a couple games, so I have a feeling Nintendo will never release a 3DS with a built in second analog stick. Of course I'm not positive on that; Nintendo may surprise us at E3, you never know. That being said, if given a choice between the 3DS and 3DS XL, you should go with the 3DS XL every time. It's just so much better than the standard 3DS.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I wish they would hurry up and release the circle pad pro for the XL here. I really want to play Resident Evil properly.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Also, not sure if it is your thing...but the yellow special Pikachu edition is also an XL :)

That yellow monster doesn't exist. I won't believe it. *takes a dose of mental bleach*

Magician, yeah XL seems to be what everyone is saying. Better size and battery life.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I wish they would hurry up and release the circle pad pro for the XL here. I really want to play Resident Evil properly.

Seriously. Also, I believe both Metal Gear Solid 3 and Monster Hunter 3 both support it too...

can't you just import one from Japan? Does play-asia sell it?

You can most certainly can, but it is probably quite a bit pricier.

However...

HOWEVER...

HOWEVERRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the CPP Xl has not be released in the USA because Nintendo will be releasing a version of the 3DS XL with a second pad...

ooooohhhhh

(but i doubt it).

EDIT: I just checked play-asia and they have the CPP XL for $22.99...probably close to what it would cost here. shipping cost about $11 though. Still, not as bad as I thought

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Magician, yeah XL seems to be what everyone is saying. Better size and battery life.

Those are nice improvements. I also like the softer select, home and start buttons.

Then there's also the improved hinge, the less glossy outside case, and the position of the stylus.

Honestly though, it's all about that screen size.

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

3ds-xl-vs-3ds.jpg

Last edited:
Thread necro..

My kids got 4 new 3DS games for their birthday and we can't redeem the Club N Coins b/c the family already owned the games once. If someone needs the coins, send me a PM and I'll send the 4 codes.

Would prefer to give these to somebody that frequents the various Nintendo threads.

Edit: These are gone..

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thread necro..

My kids got 4 new 3DS games for their birthday and we can't redeem the Club N Coins b/c the family already owned the games once. If someone needs the coins, send me a PM and I'll send the 4 codes.

Would prefer to give these to somebody that frequents the various Nintendo threads.

Edit: These are gone..

That's kinda bummy that Nintendo doesn't let you register multiple games. I would figure with titles like Mario Kart and others that there would be multiple copies to be had for multiplayer.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I think kid panda and I ran through that once. I really wanted a gold nunchuck and I was a little shy of the 900 points required and panda kept giving me codes I couldn't use since I had the games. I did end up getting it by registering every single game I had.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Damn I need to check the non-Pokemon threads more, I need to get some more points for the Nintendo Club.

Magician

20 Year Member
River City Ransom was added to the NA eShop today. One of the greatest beat'em up games ever. Our friends across the pond call them brawlers. Get it. Got it? Good.