Any IGS/PGM owners?

Thats real sweet :)

Can you post some photos of your PGM2 setup?

Is PGM2 Jamma pinout same as PGM 1/Neo Geo MVS?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...lolz... Ever_blue...

.... pgm now eh?

What else Mr Malta pal?

I got like 10 plus pgm carts and stuffs.... eer..... have no idea what they are mostly... due to the fact i can't read jap...

I brought em off a mate who needed some ready cash... I like the red cart thingies...

One day i'll decide to sort em out... by then... we'll have our first Black Prime Minister in the UK...

xROTx

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The PGM is great and my 2 favorite games for it could very well be Demon Front and DDPII they are both very well done even if the IDK fans disagree DDPII plays real smooth. MM is a great game but I wouldn't say that is animated like SFIII, I say is more on the lines of Alpha?Zero as far as animation and art goes, but the gameplay is butter smooth and it has planty of quirky evasive tools and what have you.

SvG is great but I'm probably the only one that likes the game. The brawlers are fantastic, I'm only missing KoV+ and Oriental Legend other than that I have the rest and they are all lots of fun and supermega zanny with the combos. I don't have the puzzle games for it so I cannot comment on that, also I don't plan on having any of the other titles as they are mahjong type games and I've never been a big fan of that anyway.

Glad to hear the PGM2 is a hit, I'm going to let time pass by and see how things develope before I buy one.

Khan

New Challenger
.... pgm now eh?

What else Mr Malta pal?

I got like 10 plus pgm carts and stuffs.... eer..... have no idea what they are mostly... due to the fact i can't read jap...

I brought em off a mate who needed some ready cash... I like the red cart thingies...

One day i'll decide to sort em out... by then... we'll have our first Black Prime Minister in the UK...

xROTx

lol i remember pming you a while back asking you about them :D

also forgot to mention but there are videos of knights of valour 2:New legend on youtube its mostly the same game but on the pgm2 and graphically very very beautiful plus a few extras, that is on my list of things to buy too.

As for pictures of my setup, I will post them as soon as my sister lends me her camera which should be tommorow :buttrock:

edit: gonna pm u again rot

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
As for other games on the system well i think igs has an initial plan to release up to 4 games on the Platform per year and somone on here said that ALTA are developing Knights of valour 3 with IGS on this system so whatever happens we are in for a treat!

God I hope so. It would be a shame to come out with a system and only make a couple of games for it.

I'm a bit undecided if to get a PGM2 with one game, or a PGM with a couple of games for the same amount of cash.

PGM it is :)

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK....

... list me up Muther fuckers....

PGM2.jpg

PGM3.jpg

PGM4.jpg

PGM5.jpg

Thanks....

xROTx

Khan

New Challenger
that is so much win in one single post xD

First picture I can see 2 carts of Demon front 1 is Japanese (one on top of ur pgm mobo) the other im not sure what region,
next is china dragon 2 i think,not sure,knights of valour(japanese),not sure

3rd pic
some of them are self explainatory but the other one I recognise is the one with the chinese on it that looks like an arrow is killing blade (cart no.6 from left to right)

last pic
not sure but might be OL super only way is to test em xD

I tried to google the images but can hardly get any pics of pgm carts :(
Khan,

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
that is so much win in one single post xD

First picture I can see 2 carts of Demon front 1 is Japanese (one on top of ur pgm mobo) the other im not sure what region,
next is china dragon 2 i think,not sure,knights of valour(japanese),not sure

3rd pic
some of them are self explainatory but the other one I recognise is the one with the chinese on it that looks like an arrow is killing blade (cart no.6 from left to right)

last pic
not sure but might be OL super only way is to test em xD

I tried to google the images but can hardly get any pics of pgm carts :(
Khan,

Thanks.... figured I might have to test them eventually anyway....

Just need to sort out the loft a bit before I do... could take MONTHS... even years...

...just sorting through my shitnitz before I sellorz/trade anything...

xROTx

Khan

New Challenger
hey i just checked that is the game! let me know if you do sell, id love to buy it from ya! xD

Khan,

Spectre

Banned
Ok well there seem to be 2 pgm threads, but this one has more posts this year so I thought I'd use this one :D

Is PGM emulated? A google search didn't pull up anything much beyond the end of my nose and I can't be bothered to dig around. I ask because I've always been vaguely interested in the PGM but refuse to lay down serious money for anything before I playtest it first.

Also, where can I find some info on PGM2. Like released games list, screenshots etc?

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Ok well there seem to be 2 pgm threads, but this one has more posts this year so I thought I'd use this one :D

Is PGM emulated? A google search didn't pull up anything much beyond the end of my nose and I can't be bothered to dig around. I ask because I've always been vaguely interested in the PGM but refuse to lay down serious money for anything before I playtest it first.

Also, where can I find some info on PGM2. Like released games list, screenshots etc?

I know it is emulated. I just don't know where to find it --you're probably gonna have to dig it up. The majority of the vids of Martial Masters on youtube are emulation, but from what I see the action is choppy and the emulation wasn't perfected. I saw the game on youtube and thought it wasn't animated well, then I bought it and was amazed as how fluid it was. (Me and Electricgrave disagree on how fluid it is. Look at the idle pose of the drunken master character and you'll see what I mean). The weird/sad thing is there are only one or two games out for PGM2 and they are still making games. There may be a possibility that they might have forsaken it.

Be careful about play-testing games on emulation. It all depends on how well the emulator is made.

Spectre

Banned
Be careful about play-testing games on emulation. It all depends on how well the emulator is made.

Thanks for the input and don't worry, I've been using emulation to playtest snk and capcom stuff for years. ;)

Khan

New Challenger
PGM stuff is playable in an emulator called "Nebula" its emulated although not perfect its still good enough and better than mame.

PGM is emulated in mame however there are some issues such as sound, play oriental legends on mame then try it in Nebula and you can hear the difference.

So far there is a few games not emulated such as Demon Front and The Gladiator but when they do it will be a great day!

PGM2 is a great system and has replaced the PGM I think IGS is going to concentrate on releasing games for PGM2 its better than PGM and more powerful also they concieve the card system to be very popular with gamers over there. So far there is Oriental Legends 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RhNvfk2Dt0

Knights of Valour :Nine Dragons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8J4KBPTUM&feature=related

there is Knights of Valour 3 coming out Ive heard from somone just have to wait for it, I dont see IGS quitting making games since profits are up.

xmas

n00b
is this for real? or just a hack/boot? like the Knights of Valour with King of Fighter charas?

Orochi P-E

n00b
real
two bosses added and a new game play system
you choose 3 chara per team and them among those 3 2 fighters and 1 strikers

quoth09

War Room Troll
One motherboard and 4 games here:
Demon Front and Knights of Valour I have had for a while, Martial Masters and Knights of Valour 2: Nine Dragons arrived last week. I will definitely be picking up more carts as time goes on.
I previously had the PCB to Demon Front, though I saw no difference from the cart. Only got rid of it due to space.

BTW, if anyone out there plays Knights of Valour 1 and thinks it is unimpressive like I did, give part 2 a try; it's a much better game. I'm glad that they improved upon the series tremendously. Part 2 surpasses the series as being a Warriors of Fate clone and puts it in a category closer to the Dungons & Dragons CPS2 games with the ability to use items and much more.