Any IGS/PGM owners?

Heya,

After some absence, I decided to get back into arcade gaming... this time I decided to try out something different to the Neo Geo MVS, so I opted for the PolyGame Master instead...

Anyway I just grabbed Demon Front, and will place an order for the motherboard + Knights of Valour soon. I plan to use a Neo Geo specific supergun as it seems that the board has the exact pinouts - for joysticks I will be using the standard AES controllers.

I am wondering there is anyone still playing IGS/PGM so we can have a chat about it

One question - anyone knows if there is a version of CHINA DRAGON that plays in English?

Thanks!

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Me. Just got one from Bibliophile not too long ago. Absolutely love the system, sorry they don't make any games for it anymore. Haven't seen anymore games for the second version of it other than Oriental Legends 2.

Just got Martial Masters for it and am lovin' it. Truly an underated system.

Thats cool :) - After Demon Front and Knights of Valour (how many versions of this game are there anyway?!?) I plan to get DoDonPachi 2 Beestorm and Martial Masters.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
There a lot of versions of Knights of Valour, including the one on the Atomiswave, The Seven Spirits, which I have.
The ones I know of for the PGM are:

2: Nine Dragons
Plus
Super Heroes

Here's a link to there website:http://www.igs.com.tw/www/en/fm_idx.html

I went over there and was pleased to find they are still making new games.
There are a couple over there I'm particularly interested in: Ocean force and Pirate Revenge. Both are arcade games and I'm hoping there not just PCBs. If they're on the PGM2 hardware it'll be more incentive for me to buy it.:drool_2:

Yeah PGM2 is interesting, but at the moment its a bit too expensive and games are lacking. Is the board really that more powerful than the first PGM?

I checked the Pirate Revenge website, and there is a photo of the cabinet. Its a specialty cab I'm afraid.

Last edited:
China Dragon 2 / Dragon World 2 / Chuugoku Ryuu 2
China Dragon 3 / Dragon World 3 / Chuugoku Ryuu 3
China Dragon 3 Special / Dragon World 3 Special / Chuugoku Ryuu 3 Special
China Dragon 4 / Dragon World 2001 / Chuugoku Ryuu 4
Demon Front
DoDonPachi 2 : Bee Storm
DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou <-------------- Board only?
Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou Black Label <-------------- Board only?
EspGaluda <-------------- Board only?
Ketsui / Kizuna Jigokutachi <-------------- Board only?
Killing Blade / Gouken Kyoutou
Knights Of Valor / Sangoku Senki
Knights Of Valor 2 / Sangoku Senki 2
Knights Of Valor 2 : Nine Dragons / Sangoku Senki 2 : Nine Dragons
Knights Of Valor Super Heroes
Knights Of Valour Plus / Knights Of Valour In Three Kingdoms
Martial Masters
Oriental Legend / Xi Yo Gi Shi Re Zuang
Oriental Legend Special / Oriental Legend Super
Photo Y2K / Real and Fake
Photo Y2K 2 / Real and Fake 2
Puzzle Star
Puzzli 2 Super
Shin Li Chen
Spectral Vs. Generation
The Gladiator / The Road Of Sword

Last edited:
Yup, some very cool stuff there. I believe this board has higher resolution than the Neo.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
I have Spectral Vs. Generation on of all things PSP. It's kinda fun I only paid $14 for it.

But yeah Def gotta check that out. Are they easily consolized?

Orochi P-E

n00b
China Dragon 2 / Dragon World 2 / Chuugoku Ryuu 2
China Dragon 3 / Dragon World 3 / Chuugoku Ryuu 3
China Dragon 3 Special / Dragon World 3 Special / Chuugoku Ryuu 3 Special
China Dragon 4 / Dragon World 2001 / Chuugoku Ryuu 4
Demon Front
DoDonPachi 2 : Bee Storm
DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou <-------------- Board only?
Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou Black Label <-------------- Board only?
EspGaluda <-------------- Board only?
Ketsui / Kizuna Jigokutachi <-------------- Board only?
Killing Blade / Gouken Kyoutou
Knights Of Valor / Sangoku Senki
Knights Of Valor 2 / Sangoku Senki 2
Knights Of Valor 2 : Nine Dragons / Sangoku Senki 2 : Nine Dragons
Knights Of Valor Super Heroes
Knights Of Valour Plus / Knights Of Valour In Three Kingdoms
Martial Masters
Oriental Legend / Xi Yo Gi Shi Re Zuang
Oriental Legend Special / Oriental Legend Super
Photo Y2K / Real and Fake
Photo Y2K 2 / Real and Fake 2
Puzzle Star
Puzzli 2 Super
Shin Li Chen
Spectral Vs. Generation
The Gladiator / The Road Of Sword

add killing blade super (cart)

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
In the past i've owned a PGM mobo w/ DoDonPachi 2 : Bee Storm and Martial Masters. I even had a PGM 2 setup for awhile. Currently i'm thinking about getting another martial masters setup for my cab. Trying to find a good price on one.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I have Spectral Vs. Generation on of all things PSP. It's kinda fun I only paid $14 for it.

But yeah Def gotta check that out. Are they easily consolized?

I have a PGM mobo for sale for $135 shipped, or a consolized PGM for $350 shipped, if anyone is interested.

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
Heh - is martial masters that good?

Yes it is. Great fighting game. You can tell they were aiming at a sort of competitor to SF3 because the hit effects are similar and the animation is real fluid. Not saying it is as good, but it is a solid fighter that went totally under the radar (there are still a lot of great 2d fighters out there that a lot of people still haven't even heard of yet.)

I have a PGM mobo for sale for $135 shipped, or a consolized PGM for $350 shipped, if anyone is interested.

(off topic) Don't be afraid to purchase from this guy, great price on the consolized one compared to the over priced one on ebay. Great seller.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For me, martial masters was amazing. When I went to Vegas they had one in a Tekken cab and I played the hell out of it. I also played Spectral Vs. Generation and didn't like it that much when you compare it to MM.

I also had a chance to play The Gladiator at a rest stop in Pennsylvania and I only played one stage because my friend was "tired" but I thought it was awesome to be able to combine powers. An awesome beat em' up.

Is there a working emulator and rom for The Gladiator? I got one and MAME won't run it. I heard Final Burn can run PGM games.

I really wish IGS was a bigger name. The games I got to play on it were really good and I would have loved to see home versions of them.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
The IGS PGM is a great, underrated system. I have: Martial Masters, Dodonpachi II Bee Storm, Gladiator, Knights of Valour and Photo Y2K.

Martial Masters is a slick fighter with great graphics; ghost kick and monkey boy rule! Would've bought a PGM just for this game.

Someone sold a Puzzle Star on Ebay a while back, would've liked to try out that game.

Forgot to mention I have Demon Front as well. Not as good as the Metal Slug series, but a decent side-scrolling shooter none the less.

Last edited:
I have Gladiator and love it. I recently sold Demon Front, Martial Masters and Puzzle Star kits on eBay. I really liked them but wasn't playing them.

Whats the current status on PGM2? I know that there are Oriental Legends and KOV2 out on it... Are there any more games coming out on this system? Or its titanic-ware already?

Khan

New Challenger
well its nice to know IGS have more fans here than I expected :)

I also own a pgm system......2 infact but one mobo has sounds issues. At the moment i have The gladiator cart,The Gladiator PCB (Japanese),Demon Front (Chinese),Demon Front (Korean), and i should be getting martial masters+kov soon in the next week or two.

I also have the PGM2 system with Oriental legends 2 and all I can say is that is one system I will never sell im just in love with that game, amazing graphics and gameplay and music!....if you love your final fighters or your streets of ragers with Dungeons and Dragons leveling up and amazing magics+combos+card readers you will never get bored of it! ive been told it can take 4 hours to complete one game lol but I purposely havent played much of it as I bought a xrgb2 to use my supergun on my tv so i can truly appreciate this game. As for other games on the system well i think igs has an initial plan to release up to 4 games on the Platform per year and somone on here said that ALTA are developing Knights of valour 3 with IGS on this system so whatever happens we are in for a treat!

I also have the atomiswave and Knights of valour:Seven spirits great game and the sole reason I bought an atomiswave (well and kof+hokuto no ken lol) but its a shame I cant play it as my supergun needs rewiring lol

Khan,