Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Some of the games look pretty fun, and yeah he's putting it on I think
God, I hope so. Yeah there has been some really quality pico games lately. It's mostly a hellscape, but there are some legit gems. They do look rad on that particular handheld too.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Ok, so RP4 Pro update @Ajax

This thing is blowing my mind, honestly. I'm getting like 90% compatibility with PS2. The occasional game just refuses to run well, but those games tend to struggle on the Odin 2 as well. I've sort of set PS2 to default at 1.5X (my old eyes can't really see the difference between this and 2X and it gives me just a nudge of better performance), Vulkan - and am having excellent results. If I run into a game that seems to have an issue - kick it into High Performance and 9 times out of 10 I'm hitting solid 60 FPS. Very pleased. Hoping someone makes a spreadsheet similar to this for the 4 Pro:

Cuz that thing was/is super handy. Also shows how great the RP3+ is as well.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
1707232721499.png

Now I wanna dock this thing to the TV - it's fast enough to run latency reduction too. Insane. I remember paying full price for this kit at release...

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Does anyone know how to config more than one controller for Aethersx2? I wanna switch between the built in controller I configured on the RP4PRO and a Bluetooth controller when I dock it to play on TV. But it seems that you have one global controller config?!

Edit: figured out. Can't do it from in game menu. Has to be in main menu.

Kind of a pain if you wanna just slap it on the TV and go.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
All of a sudden PPSSPP is giving me a "bad CHD" warning. Been just fine all this time...games seem to work fine though.

Mentions using "createdvd" to make them. So confused.

Edit: for those who might need

1707257432456.png

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
So, this RP4 Pro is becoming my all-in-one console lately. I bought an 8BitDo arcade stick for it (as well as the SN30 I already have for PS2 games) and I can quickly dock it and play stuff on the TV. Its a pretty seamless process.

Just as a note for anyone considering one of these. Once you get it set up to your liking, its damn fine.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
When Hacking tool become retro gaming console...

Flipper Zero + Video Game Module (Powered by Raspberry Pi)
arcanoid_game_for_video_game_module_on_flipper_zero_compressed.jpg

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Sheesh, those are expensive 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I loaded up my RP4 Pro with some Switch stuff. Some really lightweight games run fine, but others that seem like they would be fine just don't run well at all. I wasn't expecting to be into Switch emulation at all, but it's kinda bumming me out just a bit.

Kinda considering getting an Odin 2, but the reports of bad input lag are making me hesitant.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Found a nice little HDMI out dock on AliExpress for $15 that works great. Charges while playing, works with the 2.4ghz dongle with the 8bitdo arcade stick.

All is well.

IMG_20240227_154832.jpg

IMG_20240227_154909.jpg

IMG_20240227_155706.jpg

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Send Nintendo back to the 80s.

I think I was always under the impression that it has been established that it's legal to have and play backups of games you own on whatever device you like. It seems like that's not true though. This could be very bad news for emulation in general.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Send Nintendo back to the 80s.

I think I was always under the impression that it has been established that it's legal to have and play backups of games you own on whatever device you like. It seems like that's not true though. This could be very bad news for emulation in general.

Yeah, Nintendo have been the squeakiest wheel about it for sure. Lame and gay.