Andro Dunos or Zed Blade

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
:lolz:

This. ^^^

Pulstar and View Point are the two hardest shmups on the NEO.

Pulstar you got a shot at memorizing you way though the game.

View Point just wreaks you 1CC weekend. Bad ass music though--until the game drives you mad.

There is not one single game I can 1cc on the neo and I've only made it past level two once 1cc in Pulstar and that was like 5 years ago... I'm no good. But I try. I find myself pulling it out, work on my finger game, shooting some stuffs, getting tired, putting it away and going to sleep. Some time goes bye before I have a chance to do it all over again. But every time I do it, what a great feeling. Wish I could do it every day multiple times. But I don't have time to play with my neo like I used to.
. That's why I appreciate your help,input,advice, in helping me be selective on what would be the best games to spend the little free time I manage to accumulate on. Looks like I'll be doing a lil more saving/ selling for a view point, andro dunos, zed blade, I've tried to get tts but it's on the dream cast so I've passed on it for years. Maybe one day tho.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
... I'm no good. But I try. I find myself pulling it out, work on my finger game, shooting some stuffs, getting tired, putting it away and going to sleep. Some time goes bye before I have a chance to do it all over again. But every time I do it, what a great feeling. Wish I could do it every day multiple times. But I don't have time to play with my neo like I used to.

Are you still talking about video games? If not, good luck with your sex life.

Missile

Another Striker
:lolz: So that's why the Neo Geo is so great.

That's why I appreciate your help,input,advice, in helping me be selective on what would be the best games to spend the little free time I manage to accumulate on. Looks like I'll be doing a lil more saving/ selling for a view point, andro dunos, zed blade

I've never played Andos Dunos but Zedblade is a good underrated schmup. Well worth getting. Get a MVS of Blazing Star if you don't have it. Best schmup on the system

Pulstar is hard but the first level is easy. On the 2nd level use your 'nose attachment' as a shield to get through the trickier bits . From memory I think you can also get an actual shield power-up to get you through the harder part too (the section with all the bullets flying all over the place) which makes it easy up until the boss. Otherwise watch a playthrough on Youtube to give you some pointers.

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
:lolz: So that's why the Neo Geo is so great.

I got jokes for days. Get Ready! I need VP, AD, and ZB. Those are the only shootie co-ops Im missing. I was trying to get TSS for the longest time too but kept getting side tracked and gave up. Having it on Dream Cast did not help and also made getting it kind of unnecessary.

I've never played Andos Dunos but Zedblade is a good underrated schmup. Well worth getting. Get a MVS of Blazing Star if you don't have it. Best schmup on the system

Pulstar is hard but the first level is easy. On the 2nd level use your 'nose attachment' as a shield to get through the trickier bits . From memory I think you can also get an actual shield power-up to get you through the harder part too (the section with all the bullets flying all over the place) which makes it easy up until the boss. Otherwise watch a playthrough on Youtube to give you some pointers.

I don't watch playthroughs tho, aint no one got time for that, I like to play through. And that second level boss is what gets me every time, that squirrely bastard. I can't make it very far in level 2 without the power up shield. I credit feed pulstar to death on the rare occasion i don't got shit to do and I still won't be able to beat that lochness robot. Well would you look at that, we be participating drama free yeyy <:3

Missile

Another Striker
I don't watch playthroughs tho, aint no one got time for that, I like to play through. And that second level boss is what gets me every time, that squirrely bastard. I can't make it very far in level 2 without the power up shield. I credit feed pulstar to death on the rare occasion i don't got shit to do and I still won't be able to beat that lochness robot. Well would you look at that, we be participating drama free yeyy <:3

The version of you in a galaxy far far away has already watched a playthrough of the 2nd boss and saved himself the time you don't have.

Why is View Point so much more expensive tho?

Isometric graphics cost more to make.
:lolz:

papierkorb

New Challenger
Zedblade! Definitely better then Andro Dunos...

Or just buy all of them :p

shmups.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, the collecturd factor is strong here...starting with the doucherrriffic inspirational photo...what a master piece of doucheness...

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
lol, the collecturd factor is strong here...starting with the doucherrriffic inspirational photo...what a master piece of doucheness...

This thread is strong with lolz. I thought iron clad only came out on neo geo CD. Shows the extent of my knowledge.

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Both games are trash.

I've kind of thought that about these two compared to other shooters in the library as to why I have not made the effort to find out more about them till now, but I think I'm Going to go the view point route first. Those isometric graphics are killer! What's your opinion on view point tonk?

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
Zed blade by default cos I've played it.

It might not get a lot of love but it's not bad. Kinda feels more like a middle rate pce shooter than a neo game though

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Zed Blade is fucking dogshit. On a system filled with mediocre shmups it manages to stand out as offensively average. It's also one of the most retarded games to play for score.

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
Andro Dunos is fun its a little more slow paced then I prefer. Zed blade is a little bit faster paced.. I'm partial to last resort it was the first shooter i owned on my neo though if you dont have that yet check it out!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
They're both good games, tho, on a very subjective level, I prefer Andro Dunos,. Its colorful graphics, the overall PCE design & those MD-like tracks are simply excellent. The two player mode is also quite good, if your teammate is well attuned of course. Constant weapon changing has an intense depth to it, especially for two players.

Zed Blade is too claustrophobic for my taste, i.e. the onscreen cleavage it too zoomed in, as I usually like more space to maneuver my preferably smaller ship. Still, ZB is a pure adrenaline shot with this pumping Namiki OST & the non-stop action -- makes more for a real arcade experience out of the two.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
If you haven't decided by now you might as well get Ghost Pilots.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Zed Blade is great! Reminds me of Silkworm.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Iknorite?

Shooting the ground for points and tiny soldier vaporization is a great scoring mechanic.

^______________^

7rBGJln.jpg

Cheers to that!

I used to break a million on stage one when I had my big red with the iL convex competition buttons :cool:

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
If you haven't decided by now you might as well get Ghost Pilots.

I gots Ghost Pilot. Came with the box of stuffs I got back in 06. Simple yet impossible. Classic Neo. Im just going to get them all. oh wait, no I'm not, poverty is a bitch. There must be only one. And it seems like these two are neck and neck. Which game will be the latest and greatest addition to my MVS collection? Andro Dunos, Zed Blade or the new challenger Viewpoint? Stay tuned to find out on the next episode of Neo Geo Z

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I've kind of thought that about these two compared to other shooters in the library as to why I have not made the effort to find out more about them till now, but I think I'm Going to go the view point route first. Those isometric graphics are killer! What's your opinion on view point tonk?

I like Viewpoint - it's not easy.

If you want to spend some time learning routes and patterns, get Pulstar - although it's not very fun.

Honestly, Blazing Star is the only shooter on the Neo you need.

Last Resort is tough but fun.

Play the ROM's and decide for yourself - I personally wouldn't pay for Andro or Zed - GARBAGE.