All About NEO GEO CD

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You could always try turning up the intensity of the laser to see if that helps, if not then open the thing up to make sure all is connected correctly and replace the mechanism if needed.

nowaysis76

n00b
You could always try turning up the intensity of the laser to see if that helps, if not then open the thing up to make sure all is connected correctly and replace the mechanism if needed.

How do I turn up the intensity of the laser??

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
If I were to pick up an NGCD system, is it advised to get the CDZ version, or one of the others?

Pope Sazae

If I were to pick up an NGCD system, is it advised to get the CDZ version, or one of the others?

A CDZ if you can but honestly the load times on the others isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If you remember the PS1, 3do, even Saturn it's bearable but annoying. If you are old enough to remember playing games from cassette then the NeoCD is light speed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nowaysis76

n00b
A CDZ if you can but honestly the load times on the others isn't as bad as people make it out to be. If you remember the PS1, 3do, even Saturn it's bearable but annoying. If you are old enough to remember playing games from cassette then the NeoCD is light speed.

I own all those systems and I'm old enough lol 36. the Neo Geo systems I own where the hardest to get. I have the Neo Geo CD cant find a CDZ for a good price. and I have two AESs none of my systems work haha I need a working Ram chip for my AES and the other one I havent taken apart yet.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member

Yes the load time is that bad to being unbearable. I still own a neo cd system and the only reason I do is for historical nostalgia. That slow cd piece of junk is what got me into collecting MVS

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well, I wanted to pick up a CD system for playing the exclusive titles, and it just seemed to make more sense to get the model that has quicker load speeds if it is going to be specifically for actual gaming. While I may feed the 'collector impulse' because of OCD completionist tendencies, that is not to say that the titles will not get used hard! So...looks like I am in the market for a working CDZ now as well :P

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
For people who was interested i realise and update

of the list of Neogeo CD Bonus
Section "jeu" and "Bonus"

of the difference between the CD and MVS/AES game
Section "jeu" and "difference"

Pope Sazae

You also have to remember that some games are better on the CD, especially Neo Turf Masters and Windjammers. Plus the soundtracks are a nice bonus. Play the shooters, puzzle games, Metal Slug, etc. and the load times are not an issue. Only really the fighters and SamSho RPG suffer with the loading. I like the system a lot and it's a nice complement to an AES/MVS.

coder93

n00b
I have a question about Neo Geo CD. Is there a way to access dipswitches for these games? some of these games have option menus, with the ability to change difficulty levels, but other games don't. like 2020 super baseball for example, in the regular MVS version, you can access dipswitches and change the difficulty level from 1 to 8. but in the neo geo cd version, there is no option in the front end to change difficulty levels.

Pope Sazae

I have never seen or found a way to do it. But I have 2020 Super Baseball and the CPU on that game is brutal, would be great to find a way to make it so that it doesn't hit a home run every other batter.

coder93

n00b
I have never seen or found a way to do it. But I have 2020 Super Baseball and the CPU on that game is brutal, would be great to find a way to make it so that it doesn't hit a home run every other batter.

the CPU is brutal on 2020 Super Baseball, but it seems very balanced based on what team you are playing. i beat the Metal Slashers but got destroyed by the Tropical Girls. Tropical Girls are ridic. you really have to curve your pitches and try to get get them to pop it up or they will hit home runs all day, especially if they get a lead and start using their powerups. that's why the early innings are so important.

the difficulty actually seems fine the way it is, but i know on the MVS 2020 had all those difficulty settings in dip switches. it's kind of puzzling there's no option menu in that game like many other neo geo cd games. it'd be fun to try to hack that game. are there any useful action replay codes out there for the neo geo cd version? maybe a code to disable or limit powerups? the powerup system actually works quite well in 2020, much better then in baseball stars 2. in baseball stars 2, you can powerup endlessly and it gets ridiculous. at least in 2020 you have to earn your powerups, but it still makes for a lot of home runs.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
What about the NeoBiosMasta from NeoTurfMasta on the forums??? Does he still have these, and how well do they work??? I remember him saying you had to carve out some metal shielding to get to fit in a CDZ. I guess I need to read over that thread in the tech section.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
You also have to remember that some games are better on the CD, especially Neo Turf Masters and Windjammers. Plus the soundtracks are a nice bonus. Play the shooters, puzzle games, Metal Slug, etc. and the load times are not an issue. Only really the fighters and SamSho RPG suffer with the loading. I like the system a lot and it's a nice complement to an AES/MVS.

Agreed completely. My NeoCD has been ever faithful, and I really don't think the load times are bad! Most games offer you a number of ways in the options screen to decrease loading, like Demo Cut, Intro cut, etc, etc. KOF still has a bit of load in between fighters, but I've never thought it to be awful. You could always play it on single play, it's a lot faster, then! Non -team based fighting games like Samurai Shodown, are just fine in my opinion. The Last Blade series can try people's patience, though. The non-fighters are where this system shines, though. A lot of them only need to load once, then you just barrel through! Not to mention the exclusives. Mine sits proudly still hooked up next to the rest of my NeoGeo stuff.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Why the hell are these pieces of shit so expensive now, seems like you could grab one for $100 and some change a few years ago.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why the hell are these pieces of shit so expensive now, seems like you could grab one for $100 and some change a few years ago.

That's still the going rate. Sellers are listing them for higher prices but buyers aren't looking for better deals and instead just buy at the higher price.

Pushky

n00b
i would like to have one, but here in portugal, finding one is like, trying to find gold, there isn't any :(

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Quick question hopefully someone can answer. Did SSIV come with a spine?

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Quick question hopefully someone can answer. Did SSIV come with a spine?

0de17613-f115-4a49-92ff-bb5af0c22ea2_high.JPG

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Neo Geo CD Get Log - July 2, 2013

The search for a Neo Geo CD stateside is proving more challenging than I initially suspected. Roughly 2 months of searching - I have missed a couple great auctions, One that was ended early by a seller that I suspect was a fogot. The 2nd I missed due to prior engagements.

Japanese resellers are proving themselves to be worthless in my quest, as they don't actually want to sell any of their units. They want to continually list their consoles at FMVx2+ (if you include shipping) in hopes of snagging an unsuspecting consumer who doesn't know any better. I also suspect they are working together to slowly raise the FMV price of the NGCD. For gouger's sake, I'm just glad it's not a Nintendo product, or it would be completely unobtainable.

The loneliness in my entertainment center is becoming unbearable for some, the Sega CD is getting restless, and the 3DO that just recently found a new home won't socialize with the others. The only console still showing solidarity through all this is the SNES. He recently received a SCART cable and is showing off his strengths, even at nearly 21 years of age. He's a funster, and will continue to entertain at the flick of the switch.

Now I must get back to work, my quest is far from over.

Never give in to the gougesters - Keep your dignity and common sense.