AES conversions from Tokyo Toy Factory, Neo Ayato.

Chapp

n00b
Hi everyone!

The things you have read on NGF are supported by some solid proof HPMAN brought.

Someone asked about the quality of these conversions. Well, considering the fact that they were good enough to fool a buyer back in 2004, I will let you draw your own conclusions, since these improved.

I know for a fact that there are inserts/stickers/manuals of many AES games, not only Metal Slug 1. They are offset quality.

There are conversions of Metal Slug 3: search on eBay for them. Why should it be different for The Last Blade 2 or Motw?

What is the price of Metal Slug 1 US? Does it compare to the Jp version?

Think about it: for persons who sold conversions, would you say it is difficult to print US stickers/inserts/manuals and transform a Jp game into US? Would that seem to be a "good" idea?

As long as there is economical interest in converting games, there is a risk; whoever the seller may be, whatever the game.

My advice is to open your games and check the PCBs. Do the same with the "paper".

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Christ man this is terrible, I really thought both were reputable sellers.
Glad this has been discovered and is out in the open.. just hope someone can bring them down.

I am just happy that the most expensive AES games I have are Top Hunter and Viewpoint and have had them for over 15 years... good job I have gone the MVS route now anyway.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Hi everyone!

The things you have read on NGF are supported by some solid proof HPMAN brought.

Someone asked about the quality of these conversions. Well, considering the fact that they were good enough to fool a buyer back in 2004, I will let you draw your own conclusions, since these improved.

I know for a fact that there are inserts/stickers/manuals of many AES games, not only Metal Slug 1. They are offset quality.

There are conversions of Metal Slug 3: search on eBay for them. Why should it be different for The Last Blade 2 or Motw?

What is the price of Metal Slug 1 US? Does it compare to the Jp version?

Think about it: for persons who sold conversions, would you say it is difficult to print US stickers/inserts/manuals and transform a Jp game into US? Would that seem to be a "good" idea?

As long as there is economical interest in converting games, there is a risk; whoever the seller may be, whatever the game.

My advice is to open your games and check the PCBs. Do the same with the "paper".

Welcome aboard Chapp.

You should bring some of your good friends in there, I think that would be a good thing. The hate for the french members is growing these days and most people don't even know that some of you guys are working hard to get things right. I won't lie to you, right now french seller = the (scam) artist. I think that it would be nice to have the other side of the story once in while, if you know what I mean. People like HPMAN should be posting in here more often. I know the guy is a genius and that he was the first french to make AES conversions but iirc, he always did it the right way (MVS exclusive or EER carts, cheap/bad or modified labels/inserts, nothing like Atomikwave).

Anyways, to answer your question, the US version of MS1 worth 2-4 times (maybe more) the price of the JP version depending on the condition and ownership history.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
For anyone who might have bought a converted cart from Tokyo Toy Factory -- how does the resolution on the insert and manual hold up when viewed under a magnifying glass? Also, are the printed materials centered correctly as compared to the pictures on the Neo Geo cart pic database?

Just trying to determine how good these bootlegs are. If someone could send hi-res pics, that would be great.

Should I write a FAQ on what to look for?

Chapp

n00b
Thank you Coryoon! :)

I am aware of the fact that French people may not have the best reputation.

When someone buys a fake but pays for an original game, the fact that this person is from France, Sweden, USA, England or Italy does not make any difference to me, neither does the seller's nationality. ;)

HPMAN was banned from n-g.com a few years ago. I don't know if he plans on coming back to this place.

As far as I know, even Kizuna US may become more "common". Metal Slug 1 has some good chances to know the same "rebirth".

Hope the thread on NGF helped some of people not to be disappointed by buying a fake.

STV

Banned
Chrstophe Ratel has always been an ass, it's not because he've sold some rare games to some unclepennybags and made a shitload of money in the process that he was a good guy actually. Yes, I know what I'm talking about, I've dealt with this retard when I was in France. Those pics should be given to all the japanese stores. Someone please do this.

CfNug.jpg

bRTBv.jpg

fC8Ql.jpg

Some personnal infos in there:

http://www.senseibank.com/profile/p...040416003638-8cbdb7f0eb392cb2ea9e0247a78d98b6

http://www.waissclub.org/christopheratel/resume.htm

Thank for the pictures. I saw this guy doing a lot of deals resell games at mandarake and others shops in,akiba. Will be legit to let these shops read all this topic. Someone can translate them in japanese? Thanks :)

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They're probably doing the scamming on YHJ because the seller can make a "No Claim, no returns" disclaimer in their auction and gets away with it.

STV

Banned
Yes, seem they are doing that. One of them say like ″dont sell to foreigner″ cause they know about fake shit and give them a lot of troubles.

snkmax330

Rugal's Thug
Just one link provided by mister HPMAN (thanks a lot man)

chuckyw.png

neo ayato mother fuckers christophe ratel tokyotOyfactory

AMEN

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey guys got a reply back from christophe ratel check it out below lol.

Hi,

I thank you for your notice.
I am aware of this topic and do not wish to participate or answer those people.
They are talking about 2004. At that time, tokyotoyfactory was not existing and I was not into game business.
If you have the least doubt about a game that I have sold you, please feel free to have it checked by somebody really trustworthy (like Shawn from neogeo.com).
Or you may return me the same item that I have sent you, in its original shape and carefully packed, you will be fully refunded.
Or, You can even open the cartridge if you feel able to, to check that the inner boards are SNK labeled. But in this case only, since you will likely damage the cartridge sticker, you will not be eligible for a refund.

You will never, ever see a single convert in my store, please feel free to ask anybody who purchased a neogeo game from me.
You also may check in my ebay feedbacks, once again, I do not sell converts

ttf

Chapp

n00b
Hey guys got a reply back from christophe ratel check it out below lol.

Hi,

I thank you for your notice.
I am aware of this topic and do not wish to participate or answer those people.
They are talking about 2004. At that time, tokyotoyfactory was not existing and I was not into game business.
If you have the least doubt about a game that I have sold you, please feel free to have it checked by somebody really trustworthy (like Shawn from neogeo.com).
Or you may return me the same item that I have sent you, in its original shape and carefully packed, you will be fully refunded.
Or, You can even open the cartridge if you feel able to, to check that the inner boards are SNK labeled. But in this case only, since you will likely damage the cartridge sticker, you will not be eligible for a refund.

You will never, ever see a single convert in my store, please feel free to ask anybody who purchased a neogeo game from me.
You also may check in my ebay feedbacks, once again, I do not sell converts

ttf

Tokyo Toy Factory never sold games listed as benig converted, indeed. That, of course, doesn't mean he didn't sell conversions. ;)

The date of these e-mails only shows that he was already selling fakes at the time, but doesn't say anything about his doing so now. He may have never sold these games in his own shop. There is proof that he sold them in Japanese shops and on Yahoo Auction, though.

I have recieved PMs from guys who knew about this. They told me that this business goes on nowadays.

By the way, it is possible to open a cart wit no damages to the sticker or the cart itself. The boards themselves are most likely SNK branded, still the game may be a fake. So, train yourself and give it a try. I hope you will only have good surprises.

The first time people said he may sell fakes, he said it was a lie and he wanted proof.

Now, he considers this proof to be too old and, thus, not valid. I wonder: does anybody here really think this business could have stopped because theses persons discovered that they were doing something bad?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Tokyo Toy Factory never sold games listed as benig converted, indeed. That, of course, doesn't mean he didn't sell conversions. ;)

The date of these e-mails only shows that he was already selling fakes at the time, but doesn't say anything about his doing so now. He may have never sold these games in his own shop. There is proof that he sold them in Japanese shops and on Yahoo Auction, though.

I have recieved PMs from guys who knew about this. They told me that this business goes on nowadays.

By the way, it is possible to open a cart wit no damages to the sticker or the cart itself. The boards themselves are most likely SNK branded, still the game may be a fake. So, train yourself and give it a try. I hope you will only have good surprises.

The first time people said he may sell fakes, he said it was a lie and he wanted proof.

Now, he considers this proof to be too old and, thus, not valid. I wonder: does anybody here really think this business could have stopped because theses persons discovered that they were doing something bad?

I didn't say I believed him one bit! I knew that is the kinda response I would get back from him. I just wanted to post his reply so everyone could read it.;)

There is no way in hell I'm gonna try to open this game up. Way to risky for someone like me that isn't experienced to do so.. Its going back even if it was real, I'm not supporting a business that into taking advantage of people and their hard earned money.

>Marty<

Chapp

n00b
At first, I also was reluctant to open my carts. But, you can trust me: with some practice, you will be able to open them in no time without damaging anything.

It would be a good idea to have some training on a cheap game though. ;)

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
At first, I also was reluctant to open my carts. But, you can trust me: with some practice, you will be able to open them in no time without damaging anything.

It would be a good idea to have some training on a cheap game though. ;)

Well, I've tried on some commons its really nerve racking thing to do. I wish SNK would have just used screws to hold the two halves together like all other normal game carts.:rolleyes:

Its really a damn shame you half to do this anyway with every high dollar game. Send it to a damn forensics lab before you can have piece of mind.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
No.
In my opinion those exchanges paint a clear picture of one who happily, knowingly and repeatedly swindled customers and still had no interest in recompense when caught.
For everyone's sake, I hope being under the business spotlight does keep him honest (as seems to be the implication in his recent reply).

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Well, I've tried on some commons its really nerve racking thing to do. I wish SNK would have just used screws to hold the two halves together like all other normal game carts.:rolleyes:

Its really a damn shame you half to do this anyway with every high dollar game. Send it to a damn forensics lab before you can have piece of mind.

Leave your carts alone, just because of said emails back in 2004 dos'nt mean every high dollar game he's sold is a boot. opening carts is to risky. i opened up a Pulstar and allthough i got away without damaging the sticker it now has minor marks on all sides of the cart.

Chapp

n00b
He only says doesn't sell, and has never sold, conversions in his own shop. That may be true.

But, as the e-mails tend to show, he has sold fakes in Japanese shops and on Yahoo Auction.

By the way, since I don't know if everybody here really knows that this person is quite respected in Japan. Shops let him have their games and have him sell these for them. How tempting is, in a situation like this one, for this seller to decide what the "right price" is?

Chapp

n00b
Leave your carts alone, just because of said emails back in 2004 dos'nt mean every high dollar game he's sold is a boot. opening carts is to risky. i opened up a Pulstar and allthough i got away without damaging the sticker it now has minor marks on all sides of the cart.

I know this is a personal choice between living with a doubt or taking the risk to "damage" your game. Still, with some practice, it takes less than fifteen seconds to open a cart without leaving any marks. ;)

Sorry for my double posting, but I can't edit.

Aldynes

n00b
Chapp,

How do you open carts so easily? I've tried numerous times but can't get the plastic to budge. How do I begin?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Chapp,
How do you open carts so easily? I've tried numerous times but can't get the plastic to budge. How do I begin?
Hopefully Chapp can give you the finer details of how to do it without label damage, but there's a nice little guide here showing how they go together:
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/tutorials.html
Neo Geo -> AES -> How to Open an AES Cart (It's the 2nd one down).

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Last edited: