AE is DLC ! (video link inside)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Believe me I agree that it kind of stinks that 2/4 of the new additions are shotos. However, for arguments sake, Oni is pretty far from a shoto in a lot of ways (like Gouken isn't a true shoto). Evil Ryu, yea he's just Akuma and Ryu glued together with a weird kick move.

Yun and Yang, that's cool, may try Yang.

My biggest concern is the balance. The AE balance messed with a lot of things that shouldn't have been messed with. It seems you can use non AE versions of characters too, which would be great, allowing to use the form of a character that you most prefer (Guile and Abel fans rejoice!).

I think its a fair swan song for SF4. I know a lot of people disliked 4, but you gotta look at it from a "historical" perspective. The game completely jumpstarted the dying fighting game scene. Aside from new Tekkens, and the occasional Ark sys title, tournament players were playing 10 year old titles.

It also, for better or for worse, changed how fighters are made, focusing on lower entry difficulty curves rather than creating an impossible hurdle to initially get over.

I like 4, I think its a super fun game with a lot of great qualities. Is it perfect? No, it has some pretty annoying issues, but nearly every fighter does. However, It created an engine that allowed my friends to join the scene. They felt it easy to grab a controller and just get cracking instead of investing endless hours in training mode.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
you know i don't hate SFIV, i'm not spinmaster. i just think if you're gonna make an anniversary edition game you should add all kinda characters, versions of characters, and unlockables go all out with it.

though this thread does make me wanna crank up SSFIV and practise some of my dudley moves. i'm pretty crap at most fighters, but i do like to have a go from time to time. i'm reminded of the time i played bonuskun back in austin, in MOTW. i think he schooled me about 15 times in a row. but that 16th match, i had him haha.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
you know i don't hate SFIV, i'm not spinmaster. i just think if you're gonna make an anniversary edition game you should add all kinda characters, versions of characters, and unlockables go all out with it.

though this thread does make me wanna crank up SSFIV and practise some of my dudley moves. i'm pretty crap at most fighters, but i do like to have a go from time to time. i'm reminded of the time i played bonuskun back in austin, in MOTW. i think he schooled me about 15 times in a row. but that 16th match, i had him haha.

Oh I agree. Its not the best way to end the series, but its better than Alpha 3 gold upper fuck it for the PSP

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I just want to say that Oni's ultra is lol awesome and I wish the whole game was that silly.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I think some of you aren't getting it. Or else I'm wrong, or we're all confused and it wasn't made very clear in the first place (could be this). SSFIV players aren't going to be able to play against SSFIV:AE players.

There's not gonna be a little selector when the match begins. I imagine you'll either choose what you want to play in the settings or something like that. But don't count on having a SSFIV character against a SSFIV:AE character in the same match. That's not how I'm understanding it.

I think if you have AE you can decide to play matches of either game, but you'll be playing on or the other, not a mixture of the two. Otherwise what the fuck would be the point of balancing shit? Right, it wouldn't be balanced at all then.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member

jesus lord no

adding more characters would just lead to that many more completely broken matches

it's shitty enough without making it into MvC2

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think some of you aren't getting it. Or else I'm wrong, or we're all confused and it wasn't made very clear in the first place (could be this). SSFIV players aren't going to be able to play against SSFIV:AE players.

There's not gonna be a little selector when the match begins. I imagine you'll either choose what you want to play in the settings or something like that. But don't count on having a SSFIV character against a SSFIV:AE character in the same match. That's not how I'm understanding it.

I think if you have AE you can decide to play matches of either game, but you'll be playing on or the other, not a mixture of the two. Otherwise what the fuck would be the point of balancing shit? Right, it wouldn't be balanced at all then.

AE had some fucked up balancing. IT would be in the same vain as having Super characters in Super Turbo

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Thank God this is is the end of it. But Capcom will make another one just like it. It's a winning formula. Maybe it's time for me to stop hoping for a new Street Fighter that I will like and just play ST, A2 and 3s for the rest of my life.

you know i don't hate SFIV, i'm not spinmaster..

:cool::-J

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
jesus lord no

adding more characters would just lead to that many more completely broken matches

it's shitty enough without making it into MvC2

maybe capcom would get some of the good old SNK staff in to balance things out ala KOF98, where the only unbalanced character was orochi rugal. and lets face it he's supposed to be better, faster, and stronger, than everyone.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
maybe capcom would get some of the good old SNK staff in to balance things out ala KOF98, where the only unbalanced character was orochi rugal. and lets face it he's supposed to be better, faster, and stronger, than everyone.

Goro?