AE is DLC ! (video link inside)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
• This will be a DLC (Downloadable Content) release, a disc release was not mentioned.

• The console version will receive a "Supercharged online upgrade."

• The Replay Channel has been enhanced. My Channel now enables you to send your favorite replay data to other players.

• The Elite Channel will let people view plays of players with a PP total of 3,000 or more.

• A Replay Follower will be available, allowing you to track well known players. You can find them via a search.

• Support for additional alternative costumes.

• Character balancing tweaks from the Arcade Edition release.

• The titles you pick are now shown in game, along with BP (Battle Points) and PP (Player Points).

• Versus Battles against regular SSFIV players will also be supported, Capcom states "Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best!"

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/5gk.mp4/

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
That's a pretty nice surprise. I figured they'd do a disc release for sure. I'm not very fond of SFIV but if I ever get back to it this is good news.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm surprised Capcom is doing this as DLC.

Of course, I fully expected it COULD be done as DLC. I just didn't think they would.

They're still bastards for not putting Strider in MvC 3. They still have work to do.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
nice, glad they are giving the option to still play in super mode, honestly... not sure if I like the balance changes in AE.

Reality Check

World Hero
As a Guy and T.Hawk player I like the AE changes. :D Glad this is finally coming to console

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I too main guy and with projectile characters doing worse on the whole and all the top tiers rush down, that makes guy alot worse even with the few tweaks hes got. Even in super guy sucks balls against fei long.

I don't care in the end as I'm enjoying dat mahvel but that's my main concern, only bothered to play the game a few times in the arcade so I am probably over thinking this.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I played AE in arcades. I may not even get this DLC, because I'm so over the IV series. I want a new engine at this point, or just something that I like to play more then one hour straight.

Haha, how much you think Capcom is gonna charge for this DLC?

Reality Check

World Hero
I'm assuming that the tweaks and re-balancing with be free while characters with be paid content.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hahah, watch this shit cost 29.99$

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm gonna guess $5.00 per character, forced 2 packs (Yun and Yang for $10 and Oni and Evil Ryu for $10) and the gameplay tweaks will be free.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, i'm out. IV is still the same pos engine no matter what they add.

I don't even have good memories of that series. Even when going on giant streaks, it doesn't feel important.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm gonna guess $5.00 per character, forced 2 packs (Yun and Yang for $10 and Oni and Evil Ryu for $10) and the gameplay tweaks will be free.

I could see this too, $20 isn't terrible for all that content, but I'd rather pay llike $15 or so

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I really think its gonna be like 30. In the end, we probably would be better off just getting another disc..

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
10 would be legit. It could happen, but we're talking capcom here.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Jill and Shuma were 5 each if that is any indication of things to come. I hope they're smart and don't charge too much. I don't casual fans will pay $20 for 4 characters. Probably just Oni and Evil Ryu.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope it's just 15 for everything. I wonder if you will be able to play against characters without the AE changes. I'd have no idea how that would work. I might link that since I heard Blanka can get punished hard now when he gets blocked from a Blanka Ball. I'm kinda in the same boat with LWK, just don't like the engine in the game, for me Zero 3 is where it's at. Still, I'm really surprised how much of a boost the online system is getting. Meanwhile you can sit in the training room for five minutes in MvC3 and never get a challenge or check the connection of the other player.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Watch this shit be 30 bucks. I'm still willing to guess a DLC disc will release also in the near future.

Reality Check

World Hero
Watch this shit be 30 bucks. I'm still willing to guess a DLC disc will release also in the near future.

The best chance of a disc release if they release AE as the greatest/platinum hits version of Super.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's officially official. If that makes any sense.

DLC release date: June 7, 2011
DLC Price: $14.99 USD or 1,200 Microsoft Points
Disc release date: June 24, 2011 for Europe, 28th in North America, 30th in Japan.
PC release date: July 2011.
Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
Roster size: Right now Capcom states there are 39 people on the roster, with the additions of Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni.

So Henry Cen from China Town Fair was right. Summer release to give whats left of the arcades a bit of a timed exclusive run of the game before it comes out on the consoles.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
4 characters and 2 of them are wasted on shotos. God damn already.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
4 characters and 2 of them are wasted on shotos. God damn already.

I agree. I still remember how hyped I was when they announced AE and we might get Rolento, Alex or even Karin and we got the twins and two more shotos. Almost like two and a half new characters if you ask me.

But the one silver lining out of all of this was the interview Event Scrubs had with Seth Killian where he said AE was going to be the last in the Street Fighter IV series. All I can say is good riddance, and bring back a style of the Alpha series.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
$15 is less than I expected. Im quite ok with this

for the price it doesn't sound bad. but more shotos? what's the point? i'm not the best SF player out there, i don't want to be. but i do enjoy playing as different characters. alex from SF3 comes to mind, hugo is another, rolento, birdie, all those kinda random guys who get made and gotten rid of. i figure if you're gonna make a big special edition of a game, do it like SNK would do the KOF dream match games. there were 50 characters in KOF 98, why can't capcom give us more than 39 in 2011?