3 Count Bout how do you rate this one?

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I have always loved wrestling games and as a kid would of probably lost my mind over this, It looks and sounds great but the amount of mashing required to gain wins makes me feel bad for my joysticks i really dont like to use that required force on them.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
It would be great to have a good wrestling game on the Neo, but we are stuck with this. Shit game, shit controls, shit game mechanics.

King of the Monsters bruh

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
What i always wished this system had was a great boxing game something in the style of punch out could of been amazing with this systems capabilities.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
My 3 Count Bout was a Yaton cart that had about a pound of clay, gravel, and other shit in there. Spent hours cleaning it and looking forward to finally playing it. Should have just left it caked in dirt.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this game. I fear that one day I will forget how bad it is and foolishly give it another spin!

GinForBreakfast

Quiz Detective
I've only tried it a couple of times but quickly gave up after not beating the first opponent. Probably need to mash the buttons LOTS more during the "grapple" sequences. =)

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Probably need to mash the buttons LOTS more during the "grapple" sequences. =)

Almost impossible...even with the difficulty set to 1 I can only make it through half the game before I'm physically too tired to make myself keep going. Seriously, can somebody tinker around with this game and lighten up on the mashing because much like the other post mentioned...when you actually pull off a power bomb, the game has a glimmer of hope to it. ...then do the same thing to King of Monsters and I may end up liking that one too. The 12yr old in me would love it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sounds like I should stick with Saturday Night Slam Masters. What a missed opportunity.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I find it amusing that SNK wouldn't even include Raiden/Big Bear in the game, yet makes references to him in the manual.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
In the same boat as everyone else. Bought this a while ago after watching a video on YouTube vs cheap entry price. I don't dislike all that much about the game tbh except that it's brutally difficult in the 'mash to win' dept.

Has anyone had any success using a 3rd party stick equipped with turbo settings/switches per button? I have a PS2 adaptor for the Neo along with a HRAP, so should probably try it out tbh...

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It's not easy and it's a shitty game to boot.

I can play most fighting games to the point of a bit of success, but not with this game, and its boring and crap to even give it a few goes.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
It's only going to be a matter of time that people want this game to succeed, and that someone here will actually make the game playable. Again, such a damn shame for this game to suck!

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Has anyone determined whether a turbo function would even help against the AI? I could see the computer not even caring how fast you hit the inputs.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Has anyone determined whether a turbo function would even help against the AI? I could see the computer not even caring how fast you hit the inputs.

Even so, if you need to cheat to win the game is broken from conception.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Maybe it really didn't matter, like how the results of a sword clash in Sam Sho is determined randomly instead of tapping the indicated button.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Even so, if you need to cheat to win the game is broken from conception.

Yeah, I'm not arguing that it's a good game. I'd like to know how it works though.

I used to play WWF Royal Rumble and WWF Raw on the SNES as a kid and I figured out that the shoulder buttons would act as inputs when you grappled, but would cede priority to the face buttons. So you could mash whatever face button you wanted in conjunction with the shoulders, and it would basically act like you were hitting the face buttons three times as fast.

The computer would still win sometimes.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
3 Count Bout is a shitty game? Quick! Somebody mail a homecart copy to the AVGN!

joe87

n00b
ok game

the graphics on this game are good performing moves is kind of difficult just a little getting use too.should have had a little more of a story involced and the ending was not worth the blisters on my fingers

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Bit of an update to this then.

Played it last night using my HRAP with all the Turbo functions set to max. I fared 200% better than I ever have done before. I have a Unibios, so I set it to infinite credits. I definitely used more than 4 credits, but I managed to get through the game, right to the end credits. Turns out I was using, what the game seems to consider, that last boss (Master Barnes). I chose him because of his Robert Garcia esque kick special I saw him do on an attract demo. Maybe that helped too?

Before this, I'd always struggled to progress beyond the 3rd or 4th match.

I will say though that the CPU still pulls off plenty of bullshit to mouth off at your TV about. One of which is whittling your opponent down to ZERO health, pinning them, and them kicking out. Not once, but several times, quite often to have that last 'illegitimate' kick out spell your demise as they rush you down and then pin YOU with your zero health. No 2nd chances for you, and believe me, I've tried!!

And, as you've suggested, although you win the majority of grapples (to be fair) there are still quite a few WTF moments when they overcome your grapples several times in a row. Bearing in mind that I am effectively 'cheating' using Johnny Five levels of turbo input.

Overall, it was definitely more enjoyable. Wouldn't touch it without provisions for Turbo settings though...

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner

Played it last night using my HRAP with all the Turbo functions set to max. I fared 200% better than I ever have done before. I have a Unibios, so I set it to infinite credits. I definitely used more than 4 credits, but I managed to get through the game, right to the end credits. Turns out I was using, what the game seems to consider, that last boss (Master Barnes). I chose him because of his Robert Garcia esque kick special I saw him do on an attract demo. Maybe that helped too?

I will say though that the CPU still pulls off plenty of bullshit to mouth off at your TV about. One of which is whittling your opponent down to ZERO health, pinning them, and them kicking out. Not once, but several times, quite often to have that last 'illegitimate' kick out spell your demise as they rush you down and then pin YOU with your zero health. No 2nd chances for you, and believe me, I've tried!!

And, as you've suggested, although you win the majority of grapples (to be fair) there are still quite a few WTF moments when they overcome your grapples several times in a row. Bearing in mind that I am effectively 'cheating' using Johnny Five levels of turbo input.

Overall, it was definitely more enjoyable. Wouldn't touch it without provisions for Turbo settings though...

It really just sucks that the game needs a turbo controller in order to fully enjoy the game. I was going to attempt to spam moves in the third match, and see if I could get any further with the game. However, if it really calls for the turbo, well...it's going to sit on display.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
...is it possible (does anybody even care?) for somebody to hack this game into an actual PLAYABLE version?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Glad to see you have it tested out. Can't imagine outfitting a neo cab with turbo buttons though.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...is it possible (does anybody even care?) for somebody to hack this game into an actual PLAYABLE version?
Yes, should be doable. There are a few people with the skills (by no means speaking about myself). But you will have a hard time convincing them that this game deserves their time. TBH I don't see a fixed version of this being worth it... I'd rather see MS2 lag free (which I think would take a lot more work though).