2nd final warning from Dion

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Don't judge that e-mail message too quickly. I used to work for an ISP company, and
believe me, there are programs out there that can mask your account with someone else's information. How is it done? Just type in a server domain (i.e. AOL.COM) and this program randomly grabs a user IP from your domain of choice. It happened to one of our customers; he was complaining that someone was sending him threatening e-mails,
claiming he was harassing that person. Even when you send an e-mail message, the IP
stolen by this program masks your user information completely; your primary ISP's e-mail server settings do not appear in the message header.

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited October 25, 2000).]

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
THIS MEANS FUCKING WAR!! AND MR. DICKHEAD DICKASS KNOES WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

LETS SEE !!!BEING THE LEGAL MASTERMIND THAT I AM .AND HAVING SERVERD MY PERDITION IN HELL,LEGALLY SHAWN SHOULD FILE FEDERAL MAIL FRAUD CHARGES AGAINST DION AND THE NGF NAME,IF YOU SUE YOU WILL DEFINATELY WIN...INTERNET MAIL FRAUD IS A FEDERAL CRIME,ID LIKE TO SEE DION IN THE JOINT, AHHHAHAA MY BOYS BE SELLIN YOU FOR COOKIES AND PAINTIN NEO GEO ON YER PUNK ASS///LEGALLY YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL CASE....I CAN HELP YOU IF YOUD LIKE. JUST MAIL ME....NOVEMBER COMIN FIRE

JRock917

, ,
The simple fact that Dion has the pure audacity to call people at home clearly and plainly shows how desperate he is to reclaim some of his respect, if he had any to begin with. Chimp, if he was not calling you in the early morning to threaten you, I would think he wanted phone sex
smile.gif
. These guys need to be put down by whatever mean necessary, maybe Devil and Fran have a point there; perhaps the kindof force needed is caused by the bad publicity NGF is getting and all the reports that are being sent to the authorities about them. Whatever we can do as a community to put those screwballs out of business I am all for it.

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
Once again, you guys amaze us.
How can you keep believing this made up crap?
Here is the word.
Either Shawn made up that fake email sent to him dy "Dion" so he could post it in these forums or
someone else sent it to Shawn and made it look like it came from "Dion."

Shawn, why don't you forward the original email to "Dion."

Also, Dion doesn't spell the word "Thanx."

We think Shawn is just trying to make up some more hype because he knows who really is NeoGeo.

You guys are so typical.
Grow up already.

NGF www.neogeofreak.com

Please read this carefully for intent...these conclusions are exact and drawn rather quickly, and laced with insults. An entirely new topic is created to grab attention to someone "mistaking" a person from New York for Dion.

What does a prankster stand to gain from impersonating Dion and threatening not to give Shawn's carts back? There are better pranks...it's possible this is just a nasty joke, but unlikely...there's little motivation, and more logical fake emails to send. If this "person" was against Neogeofreak, they'd have to be fairly stupid to do this...it's possible as well, but using Shawn as a pawn in a feeble attempt to cause confusion...doubtful on many levels. For example, if someone was going to run a scam like this, they'd probably try to contact Shawn first and tell him "Let's discredit Dion with a fake message, play along." And Shawn would say no, and it would stop like there. Most people don't take the risk of leaving their ally in the dark, at least not until they've recieved disapproval from them first. And I'm sure any one of you could think of better, funnier, and more useful imitation e-mails to send (only in your fantasies of course...one shouldn't go overboard). So why would someone against NeoGeoFreak send a message threatening to deny Shawn his carts? Put up to the tests of logic and plain common sense, it doesn't add up.

However, say Dion remotely sends a mail message from New York, placing a few discrepancies in the message on purpose to make it look like an imposter. Not a hard thing to do at all...I've seen people with little computer experience instructed how to do it. Or, more likely, he tells a friend in New York to do it. This hopefully provokes Shawn enough to post against it, and then he waits...waits until enough people have said: "This is Dion"...then you come out and say "LOOK CLOSER, BIG TYMERS AT NEO GEO FREEK DID NOT SEND."

Suddenly, they look (somewhat) innocent, and the rest of the population looks foolish for believing a disguised e-mail.

But haven't Dion and Chris sent numerous fake e-mails in the past, from different sources, in different writing styles to try and throw off the people they are scamming? I've listened to so many account of people saying Dion, Chris, and even other Neo-Geo scam runners outside of their clique denying that the original message, or later messages, were from them...and then producing "proof" of such things. While it may not be the case, this kind of email falsification is Dion and Chris's game. But why falsify your own messages?

The person that stands to gain the most from a disguised e-mail either remotely or personally sent from a far-off state in their name is Neo Geo Freak. What they need right now is to discredit the people that are pointing out their illegal actions, their fraud. They need to try and prove that the people they ripped off are not credible enough to speak truths against them. This incident also tries to divert attention from what they've done in the past to the "innocent Neo Geo Freak" of today, "wronged by impersonation".

There's two answers to this...this could be a person imitating Neo Geo Freak, being an imbecile.

But due to the specific nature of the response NGF gave...the insulting tone, and the arrogant and irritating "you mistake us" demeanor...I have reason to suspect Neo Geo Freak of falsifying e-mails to discredit those that would shut them down. They have the most to gain...they have the motive, they have the reputation, and if they have enough brains to upload to a website, I wouldn't put getting an e-mail message to come from a different source or through an anonymizer service past them. Although my suspicions of them are strong, in any event, don't believe a word they say. Dion, Chris, and this new conspirator, Neo-Jorge, are not to be trusted, at all costs.

It matters if Shawn is getting his carts or not to Shawn and to the people watching this event. But in the case of Neogeofreak VS the honest Neogeo-playing community, the outcome of that transaction would be like removing or adding a small amount of icing to an already overloaded cake. Neogeofreak has already been proven to be a homegrown scam, and people need to stop buying their goods and start pursuing legal action, no matter what apologies are given, no matter what comes along. The time for redemption and apology is PAST. Many continue to pursue legal action against them...and there's quite a few things pending I'm sure Dion and Chris don't know about...they wont see the lion when it strikes. Everyone, be patient, and continue to keep the truth of their scam artistry out in the open. With the honest Neo-Geo fanbase growing at an alarming rate, and being informed of Dion's illegal cart piracy and theft, and the legal beagle doing excellent work, Neogeofreak will not last long. Dion and Chris are feeble-minded hedonistic animals drunk on the taste of easy money, to be sure...and they are also cowards. They know they are in trouble now (although their estimates are but a fraction of the real danger, I assure you), and will do anything to try and keep in the money and out of jail. Don't trust them, or anyone pretending to be them. Neogeofreak IS on its way down. Please sit back and watch them burn.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Good analysis, Black Knight. Very thoughtful and provoking.

Hey, and did you know there was a GREAT pinball game out about 10 years ago called Black Knight? I used to love that game, and Cheetah, and a few others . . . and I wasn't really a pinball nut.

Just a bit of trivia which I'm sure you were already aware of . . .
smile.gif

Robi15

20 Year Member
Tthe Black Knight.

I agree with you 100%. We must be smart here.
Very well written. Good point's.

Robi15

JRock917

, ,
Black Knight, are you some kind of a philisopher or something?
smile.gif
I have not read a post with that much thought put into it in a while; I actually found myself reading and re-reading everything just to make sure it sunk in. Cheers!