161-in-1 Game Breakdown

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I've only notice two issues with the 161 thus far. (A) Magical Drop III will not exit back to the menu.. once you drop in to MD3 you need to power down to get back to the menu... and (B) Sonic Wings III (Aero Fighters III) has some strangeness going on... bullets will sometimes float... sometimes your own fire won't affect things... but it only seems to happen once in a while not all the time.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
I checked all the lists of all the cartridges available at excelentcom hopping that maybe putting together the 161 in 1 + 100 in 1 (just an example) it would give you the entire neo geo mvs library but sadly no =(
Seems that 161 in 1 is the most complete cartridge.

I heard about the 138 in 1 that uses a sub pcb but this kills the deal about just changing a cartridge to have a complete library.

Anyone tried to check this with other multi-cartridges?

I can't believe I just read through this entire [awesome] thread! I bought the 161-in-1 a couple days ago and should be receiving it very soon. I bought it in prep for my Analogue Interactive CMVS slim (which I can not wait for!). Great thread gents :)

Fudoh

Pupil of Bon,
Hey guys,
I bought this cart a few weeks ago, but only got around giving it a spin today. Works quite flawlessly on my MV-1FZ board. I tried about three or four dozen games so far and all the major ones play fine. I just noticed two games in which I get no in-game sounds: Neo Mr. Do and Blue's Journey. Ok, these are probably not the usual fan-favorites, but I'm still wondering, if it's my particular cart or if anyone else has the same bug with the 161-in-1 cartridge ?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
After starting this thread almost a year ago, I finally bought one of these from here and got a great deal:

http://www.hollandcomputers.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6430&idcategory=0

Shipped fast. I love the cart. I haven't noticed any issues yet, but I've only played it a few times. I'm using it on a 4-slot.

Holy poop Daskrabs, I didn't realize you started this thread, I've used it for sometime as a reference, so thank you. I like the cart, only problem I've had with the 161 is what everyone says about sonic wings3, enemies not showing up or shooting and whatnot, I think this happens (not positive) when I use codes from the unibios, like rapid fire. I have an mv-1fz in my cab and the Analogue interactive Woody, plays fine on both other than the sonic wings issue. Since getting the cart, I have been slowly building my mvs library around it, I don't plan on collecting the whole neo library, but i don't mind having the multicart to play some of the rarer titles until I can getting around to picking up the originals.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
it makes me chuckle when I see so many people playing AF3 now that the AES cart was found :lolz: great game btw and hard as balls

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
it makes me chuckle when I see so many people playing AF3 now that the AES cart was found :lolz: great game btw and hard as balls

I don't play it that often scoops, and I also don't like in anymore because of the find. Glitches aside, I prefer AF2, I think the levels are bit longer in 2, and also I ABSOLUTELY HATE the pre-boss music in AF3.

I will say this tho for the rare side of things, at least AF3 is a waaaaaaaayyyyyy better game than Kizuna.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Hey guys,
I bought this cart a few weeks ago, but only got around giving it a spin today. Works quite flawlessly on my MV-1FZ board. I tried about three or four dozen games so far and all the major ones play fine. I just noticed two games in which I get no in-game sounds: Neo Mr. Do and Blue's Journey. Ok, these are probably not the usual fan-favorites, but I'm still wondering, if it's my particular cart or if anyone else has the same bug with the 161-in-1 cartridge ?

I know Mr. Do works fine on my 4-slot. Pretty sure Blue's does too.

Holy poop Daskrabs, I didn't realize you started this thread, I've used it for sometime as a reference, so thank you. I like the cart, only problem I've had with the 161 is what everyone says about sonic wings3, enemies not showing up or shooting and whatnot, I think this happens (not positive) when I use codes from the unibios, like rapid fire.

I get the Sonic Wings issue as well. I think everyone does.

So what do you think guys? Its been just a little over a year since the 161 in 1 was released and they seem to be right around a yearly schedule.

Any guesses, hopes, dreams, etc on what the new cart might hold? The one game holding me back is Windjammers. They already included Viewpoint, and Puzzle de Pon R which Im missing out of my regular cart collection, I just need that one extra game to be satisfied.

It would also be nice to have MS5 on there to have the MS collection available on 1 cart for when I get into one of my slug moods.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
So what do you think guys? Its been just a little over a year since the 161 in 1 was released and they seem to be right around a yearly schedule.

Any guesses, hopes, dreams, etc on what the new cart might hold? The one game holding me back is Windjammers. They already included Viewpoint, and Puzzle de Pon R which Im missing out of my regular cart collection, I just need that one extra game to be satisfied.

It would also be nice to have MS5 on there to have the MS collection available on 1 cart for when I get into one of my slug moods.

the game I am missing the most from this is Shock Troopers, as far as MVS goes, it doesn't seem to sell outrageously high, but I never seem to be able to find em.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I'd love to see Shock Troopers, Baseball Stars Professional, Windjammers, and KOTF2 on it next go around.

An option to disable the shitty hacks would be an awesome addition as well.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Let's not forget League Bowling and Magician Lord. I'd consider them necessary.

F-zero

n00b
Just to say i've had no problems with the 161-1 barr one.(mv1-f)
In Samurai Shodown (the original) when fighting Kyoshiro Senryo it gets real messed up.

I think this was mentioned previously in the thread so its just for confirmation.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
no game issues but the number of hacks is annoying. I don't even know what the hacks add.... It would be nice to disable them.

Mine is not exiting back to the menu most of the time. I have to power down.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
no game issues but the number of hacks is annoying. I don't even know what the hacks add.... It would be nice to disable them.

Mine is not exiting back to the menu most of the time. I have to power down.

that sucks, I haven't had that issue yet.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hold Start button for 5 seconds only works on the mvs. If you're playing it on the AES, you will have to turn it off and back on to select a new game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is on MVS 4 slot. The start button exit worked for a few days, but I haven't had it work since. I thought it might just be a few games like others have listed, but it's for all games.

I was going to try tilting the cart like others, but everything else with the cart works fine.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper

Does it really have a schedule? I mean, the 150 in 1 came 1 year before the 161 in 1?
I was hopping for a final and ultimate cartridge but this is a dream :(

So I just got word from christoph that my CMVS will be shipping next week. In prep of kicking off some Neo Geo goodness, I slapped together this custom Shockbox art for my multicart :P

Spoiler:
DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

I'm sure you can spot the influences :wink:
2952771951_ab897c1044.jpg

If you haven't already, watch the most epic video game video ... EVER!

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Not sure if other people mentioned this already: For MVS 4-slot, I discovered that if you have a memory card inserted, the "5-second hold 1P-START" restart will not function. You'll need to hard reboot to get the menu back.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I finally ordered a multicart, the 161. I was always sort of against it but I just find it a pain in the ass to have to constantly switch games in my cab when I have a few friends over. Much easier to just plug the mulitcart in and a few others that aren't on it and done. Good for the rest of the night. Plus, it's nice to try out some games I haven't had the opportunity to buy yet. I haven't tried it yet. We'll see how it goes.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I didn't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if this came up already. Can you access the other slots on the board with the 161 in or will it automatically cancel out any other cart that's plugged in?