161-in-1 Game Breakdown

valgalder

Kula's Candy
anybody have a link to these AES multicarts? I may have to part with my MVS machine sometime next year :(

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
DavidG, just show up the Chinese and make an MVS cart with every genuine game and sell it.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
nope.. would be nice.. but I don't think the fan base is strong enough for somebody to go through the trouble and engineer / manufacture one.

twitch stl

n00b
My 161-in-1 seems to be acting very odd...I think it may have something to do with the custom clear case I put it into:

:eek:..........:lolz:

Some things of interest about the multicarts - this will be for the 150 and 161 versions and a few others from the same group.

1) All chips from the roms to the Max chips are recycled from other boards - none of them are new.
2) All chips from the roms to the Max chips are coded before then dropped down on the boards.
3) All 150/161's are soldered by hand.
4) The boards were made to allow the CPLD's (Max chips) to be recoded however they were not made to allow the roms to be reflashed.
5) The 150/161's boards have room to hold every neo game ever made with a lot of room to spare.
6) The 150 and 161 use the same amount of memory. On the 161 they simply took the time to use more of the space they have.

Sooo.. if the chips are recycled, one could reason that each cartridge is not exactly alike. Could that contribute to why some are acting flakier than others?
I finally took the plunge and ordered one from aliexpress. $91 shipped to the states as of 1/1/12.

EDIT: Arrived in 5 days. Xing Ye was the supplier I chose (there are a couple others on there) and so far, so good. Of course I spent some time with Super Dodge ball, and no problems at all using my consolized MVS.

Last edited:

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Missing Games
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 3
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
Baseball Stars Professional
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Cyber-Lip
Digger Man
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Flip Shot
Galaxy Fight
Ghost Pilots
Ghostlop
Goal Goal Goal
Gururin
Irritating Maze
Jockey Grandprix
King of Fighters 2000
King of the Monsters 2
League Bowling
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 5
Minnasano Okagesamadesu
Nam 1975
Ninja Combat
Ninja Master's
Pochi & Nyaa
Pop 'N Bounce
Power Spikes II
Puzzled
Quest of Jong Master
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Riding Hero
Samurai Shodown V
Sengoku 2
Shock Troopers
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (official)
Super Sidekicks
Tecmo World Soccer 96
The Super Spy
Top Players Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
V-Liner
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
Windjammers
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

What's the cheapest place to get my hands on the missing games for the mvs?

twitch stl

n00b
For my *personal* tastes, the missing games I care about can be picked up with the 138 cart. It's got Metal slug 5, Sengoku 2, Shock troopers, TWINKLE STAR SPRITES, waku waku 7, world heroes perfect. Still no love for windjammers, though.

Zoel

New Challenger
I ended up buying the 120 over the 138 cause I hate loading times. Plus the 138 didn't have Pulstar.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I am in search for:

Any multi that will save high scores? I notice there are now 16-in-1, 18-in-1, 32-in-1 and 48-in-1's out there... does anyone know if they save HS?

OR ... I know the 150-in-1 and 161-in-1 hijack the motherboards memory to store a shit-ton of soft dips... basically preventing the other slots from saving high scores, etc... does anyone know of any multi that does NOT exhibit that behavior? If I could get the other 3 slots to save high scores... maybe the multi not saving HS's wouldn't be so much of a pain...or not.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Is there a way to get any soft dips for the games?

I'm kinda sick of trying to play half of these titles on Level 8 - if it was discussed already, lmk if there is a solution, or do I have to just get better?

SSS

neo retired
Is there a way to get any soft dips for the games?

I'm kinda sick of trying to play half of these titles on Level 8 - if it was discussed already, lmk if there is a solution, or do I have to just get better?

You should be able to, after you load the game hit the test button in the cab. You should be able to get to the softdips for the game currently selected.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You should be able to, after you load the game hit the test button in the cab. You should be able to get to the softdips for the game currently selected.

Holy Fuck, you just made this the ultimate purchase ever.

(not really, but you get the point)

It works.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Holy Fuck, you just made this the ultimate purchase ever.

(not really, but you get the point)

It works.

Just remember that the Neo only holds settings for 8 games.

TonK

Least Valuable Player

That's cool.

I don't like playing games at level 8 - knowing I can tone it back down to 4 is huge.

Plus the blood being back in metal slug makes it a different experience.

Now make me an Ironclad and Ghostlop on the cheap.

valgalder

Kula's Candy

not exactly true... the 120 Multi-Cart taht I have will save soft dip settings for much more than 8.. I haven't counted exactly.. but at least 15 or 20.

Polyfreeze

n00b
Sonic Wings 3 is really glitchy on my multi cart. Bullets stay in on spot, some enemies are invincible as is the player's ship. 0_0

Anyone else have problems like that?

Missile

Another Striker
I wish they would hurry up and just make a multi-cart with every game working perfectly and no hacks, it would be good just because i will never have to get up to change the cart in my AES. i mean they get gigabytes on a tiny memory stick these days, must be some way to get the neo games in one cart.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
I just got mine today. Too bad I cant even play it because of the stupid z80 error screen. :(