Search results

1. Koopa64

About Yaton...

So I've been hearing a fair bit about this seller in the short time I've been here. Most of what I've heard is that he seems to sell a lot of dirty carts and "Yaton" cartons or something... :scratch: My question is, what about this guy? Is he good, bad or ugly? Is he as bad as Kenny?
  2. Koopa64

Nothing new excites me...

When I hear about new games coming out or when a forgotten series is being resurrected, I don't feel anything. It's just sorta "meh"... When I heard about Mario Galaxy, I thought it sounded boring. The launch of the 360? Ever so slightly head turning but at the end of the day, it was the same...
  3. Koopa64

Virtual Boy

Are they REALLY worth as much as eBay seems to have them listed for? Along with Sega CDs, I think they are WAY overpriced, no damn Virtual Boy is worth $150+. :oh_no: If I were to buy one elsewhere, could I expect to pay less? Or am I just a serious cheap-ass? I'd like to hope I'm more out of...
  4. Koopa64

What became of this hardware mod? (Directed at Kenny)

There was a picture posted on KPJ's Neotropolis site, I was wondering if he actually successfully made one or if he was just building up ego. I probably wouldn't want one, but I was curious given how ridiculously hard it'd be to pull something like that off with a neat finish. Why do I point...
  5. Koopa64

Which do you own? AES/MVS/CD?

I'd like to know which NEO-GEO the majority of the users here own. I've been torn across an AES and MVS for the longest time now, don't even consider CD since nothing beats the cartridges. I was thinking if there were few AES owners here, there'd be less demand for the games, meaning a...
  6. Koopa64

Was the Neo AES localized in Canada?

I'm particularly curious about this. For all of you US residents, basically, a product localized in Canada will have it's documentation and packaging in English and French, but the game will almost always be in English. I'm thinking the answer is no because of the similarities between Canada...
  7. Koopa64

Details on CPS Suicide Battery?

Okay, I'm asking this because I never really understood all that stuff about the CPS Suicide Batteries. I thought they only existed on CPS3 games, which was another plank on the hardware's coffin. But apparently CPS1 and 2 boards/games have the death batteries too. :spock: How exactly do they...
  8. Koopa64

Anyone here a fan of the Sega CD/Saturn cases?

This really annoys me, so many people hate these awesome cases because they've broken one too many. :oh_no: I really like these cases. Whenever I look at one, I need to keep reminding myself that this really massive case is actually related to the PC jewel case everyone is so familiar with, it...
  9. Koopa64

It's almost Year 2010

Does that mean Ken Masters will turn himself into a cyborg? (Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight) :lolz:
  10. Koopa64

If you could only have four handhelds...

What would they be? Since there's fewer handhelds, it's way easier: Game Boy Advance SP Nintendo DS Phat Game Boy Color Tie between a PSP, NGPC and Game Gear, though I could live without any of these three
  11. Koopa64

What is this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEO-GEO-AES-ART-OF-FIGHTING-GAIDEN-Import-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ360139578147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item360139578147&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318 I've never heard of this game before, and it's not on the AES Price...
  12. Koopa64

Broken laptop power plug / Soldering Iron help

Hi guys, I've got this laptop that I need to fix. I've already figured out what needs to be done but I both need some opinions on the diagnosis, and I need pointers on how to use a Soldering Iron. First, the laptop. The solder pad on the power jack is broken as far as I can see. If you don't...
  13. Koopa64

If Sega (somehow) made a new console

If only... :tickled:
  14. Koopa64

Genesis Game Genie - Not working

Okay, here's the situation. I got this Game Genie along with my Sega CD when I got it in December of last year. Since then I haven't gotten it to work. I've tried cleaning it and it still doesn't work. Tried it with two different Genesis consoles and several different games, still no dice. I...
  15. Koopa64

Is there really any difference between a bootleg and a conversion? (to you guys)

Almost everybody here says that conversions are bootlegs even though they DO mostly use official SNK parts, well then wouldn't bootlegs be pretty much the same? Wouldn't it save time and money to just use burned EPROMs on an AES conversion instead of using official SNK parts which people...
  16. Koopa64

Wait, if you can put a PlayChoice PPU into an NES...

This is based on the topic in Tech Support on turning home consoles into Jamma compliant systems. If you can install a PlayChoice PPU (with RGB) into an NES, wouldn't that mean that if you tacked on a Neobitz or similar RGB to NTSC encoder you could theoretically have a Component NES...
  17. Koopa64

Metal Slug 4 is awesome

Seriously, what do you all have against MS4? It's still a fantastic Metal Slug all the way through that is just as much fun to romp through as the previous games in the series. Sure it recycles content from the previous games but everything else that's new more than makes up for it. The new...
  18. Koopa64

TV focus problem? (blurriness)

Hi all, I've got an RF-only TV that has some blurriness problems. Due to conflicting issues with my camera and the nature of the TV I cannot provide a picture (I get a bunch of interference). Anyway, all around the edges of the screen it's blurry and out of focus but in the center of the...
  19. Koopa64

PSOne Vs. N64 Vs. Genesis 32X CD (instead of Saturn)

I was playing some Virtua Fighter on my 32X not too long ago and I thought of something. If Sega had gone with the Genesis 32X CD instead of the Saturn (unlikely but still), I wonder how it would have turned out?
  20. Koopa64

I wonder if any AES consoles with serials under 10,000 exist...

I think lowest I've ever heard of is loosely around 10,000, wonder if anybody has found a unit under than number. >.> I would have wanted to say 100 or 1000 but that was pushing it. I'm not even sure what number SNK started with as far as Neo AES consoles go. :scratch: