Search results

1. D

New Atari Jaguar CD release

I know the Jag is not a popular console but check this out: http://songbird-productions.com./robreq.shtml It's a new release for the system courtesy of Carl at Songbird Productions. It's actually a port of an old DOS / Atari Falcon / Amiga game but it's nice to see titles trickling through...
  2. D

King of the Monsters 1 or 2?

I've had KOTM 2 AES for a while but hardly ever play it. The original is often cited as a flawed classic. Is 1 significantly better than 2? Is it worth a look?
  3. D

MV-1A wierd graphics problem

I've just picked up a cheap MV-1A board sold as faulty. The board powers up to the cross hatch screen fine. The video test screen with red green blue squares displays perfectly. However, when I insert a game cart the colours on the graphics are all wrong, even the neo splash screen goes a...
  4. D

World Heroes 2 + SuperMVS Converter prob

Hi, I can't get my copy of WH2 to run on my AES with UniBios 3 and the Super MVS conveter II. The cart works fine on my 2 slot but won't get past the splash screen on the AES. It just resets in a loop. Any ideas :conf: Thanks.
  5. D

MV-1FS speaker and headphone connector?

Hi, Does anyone know what type of connector fits the two 4-pin points on the MV-1FS? I'm starting to consolise one and want to use these for audio output rather than soldering to the base of the board. Thanks.
  6. D

New Vogatek Mk IV & V finally arrived

I've been using a Vogatek MKIII with my 2 slot for a while and when I saw a new pair of designs with Neo stick ports I thought I'd give them a go. The MkIV is basically the MKIII with added Neo controller ports i.e. RGB SCART output. I'm really happy with the build quality and the video output...
  7. D

Wanted: 1-slot MVS in UK

Hi, I'm after one of the smaller 1-slot MVS boards - preferably with a socketed bios. Preferably in UK or EU as shipping from elsewhewre is going to cost me too much. I've not traded on this forum before but I have an eBay rating of 400+. PM me if you can help. Cheers.
  8. D

Sengoku on 1 credit?

I've been playing Sengoku for some time - first in the arcade circa 1993 and more recently on AES. I have never come close to doing this on 1 credit. Has anyone else? I've played it through using Unibios 3.0 to give me unlimited credits and the later bosses are ridiculous. Surely it's not...
  9. D

SNK-G MVS carts - whats the deal?

Forgive me if this is an obvious question: I've got a copy of Flying Power Disc MVS with an embossed SNK-G logo on the case. Is this a regional variation or a boot or what? The cart came with dip sheet and mini marquee although I haven't opened it to to corfirm it as genuine. Thanks.
  10. D

MV-1B Bios games compatibility

Hi, I know the MV-1B was supplied with the Irritating Maze kits. How does it perform with other MVS carts? Are there compatibility issues? Thanks.
  11. D

Dreamcast power supply 240V in NTSC console

Hi, My PAL dreamcast has developed worsening disc read errors. I've tried adjusting the pot on the GD-ROM to no avail. As I mainly play imported JAP SNK games with a DCX disc I've been thinking of getting a NTSC console. Does anyone know if I can put the 240v power board from my old PAL...
  12. D

Why is Sengoku 2 so rare?

What's the deal with the rarity of Sengoku 2, especially on MVS? Given how abundant 1 & 3 are it seems a bit odd to me. I've been after an AES or MVS version of 2 for a while and I can't find it anywhere.
  13. D

UniBios fitters for AES in UK?

Hi, I think it's about time my AES got UniBios. I've been looking at consolepassion.co.uk anyone used them? Looks very reasonable to me. Anyone know anybody else? Thanks.
  14. D

Saved by an Atari Jaguar Power Supply

Hi, Just a quick post to say that anyone looking for a Neo Pro-Pow-E for their AES can use an Atari Jaguar power supply. I recently got an AES with a dead third party power supply. After a bit of research of these forums I found that I needed 9V 1A. My Atari Jaguar power supply fitted the...
  15. D

Neo AES problem

Hi, I just got a Jap AES as part of a lot on eBay. The unit was sold as working with a non-SNK 12V 1A power supply. It says on the console to use a Pro-Pow-E power supply which I understand is a 9V unit. The console doesn't work at all with the 12V supply and with a Radioshack 9V all that...
  16. D

Faulty KoF 2000 MVS Cart

Hi, I picked up a copy of King of Fighters 2000 MVS which was sold as having a graphics fault. The game loads and plays fine with normal sound BUT from the Neo splash screen onwards the graphics and sprites have verticle lines through them. I opened the cart and gave everything a thorough...
  17. D

Vogatek MKIII Supergun

Hi, I've just got one of the new Vogatek MkIII Supergun boards and it's a great piece of kit! The original boards were not MVS compatible but the new MkII and III boards are. It was just a case of plug and play with my 2 slot MVS. The SCART RGB output is great. I'm using the controller...
  18. D

MVS and superguns?

Hi, I'm thinking of getting an MVS board (either 1 slot or 4 slot) to use with a supergun. I know the pin out on the MVS is different to the JAMMA standard. Can I use a standard supergun with a MVS without damaging anything? I see that most superguns are set up for 3 buttons on the...
  19. D

Mislabelled SS1 AES?

Hi, has anyone else come across this: I have a copy of Samurai Showdown that I bought "new and sealed" from a UK vendor. Everything is in mint condition but under the cart label there appears to be another label with different artwork. I can only see the edge of what's underneath and I'm not...
  20. D

Dead AES Cart

Hey, I've got a dead World Heroes 2 Jet AES cart. I've tried cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol but still nothing. Just a scrambled screen on booting. Does anyone have any other cleaning tips? It seems a shame to throw the cart away but I'm getting nowhere. Thanks.