MV-1B Bios games compatibility

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Hi,

I know the MV-1B was supplied with the Irritating Maze kits. How does it perform with other MVS carts?

Are there compatibility issues?

Thanks.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
After a bit of reading I've answered my own question.

I was under the impression that all MV-1Bs had the irritating maze bios - but it seems that many have a standard MVS bios and are compatible with other MVS games.

I'll just have to make sure I get the right version...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
After a bit of reading I've answered my own question.

I was under the impression that all MV-1Bs had the irritating maze bios - but it seems that many have a standard MVS bios and are compatible with other MVS games.

I'll just have to make sure I get the right version...

Yup , MV-1B's with normal BIOS's exist.

Personally I wouldn't even bother modding a unibios into it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
IIRC if you had the IR version 1B it wouldn't play anything else.

You don't need a Unibios but if you plan to do one the 1B is the far easier one than the 1C. It's a pin for pin pinout. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 etc.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You don't need a Unibios but if you plan to do one the 1B is the far easier one than the 1C. It's a pin for pin pinout. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 etc.

Good to know! Is there a pinout of the 1C to unibios out there?

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
Unibios would be nice - I was looking at a MV-1B because of the small size but the lack of a socketed Bios chip is putting my off.

The seller of the board that caught my attention has just assured me that his 1B does play all MVS carts with it's original bios. I might wait for a MV-1FZ/A anyway.

Thanks for the input.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Unibios would be nice - I was looking at a MV-1B because of the small size but the lack of a socketed Bios chip is putting my off.

Can also put in a socket and then add the unibios. That way you can swap to newer ones or even put the stock back in need be...

Big Bear is selling a 1B with the socket mod done already if you didn't want to tackle that on your own.