Search results

1. P

Info: Consolized MV1FZ RGB and Controller points on the bottom of the board

In case anyone needs one, I have two extra of the MKL-based Stereo Mod boards (with the transistor screened backwards) made via oshpark. If anyone needs one, send me a PM, I'll sell em at cost and ship them free. Would it be appropriate for me to post these in a sell thread/subforum here? I...
  2. P

Modern replacement for 32Mb V ROM?

First off, I'm new to repairing Neo Geo carts, ROM programming, etc so forgive my questions. I'm trying to replace a V ROM (32Mb / 4MB in size) on an MVS cartridge and from some reading, it looks like you can't use a 27C322 because it's a 16-bit part. I found another thread here ("27C322 as a...
  3. P

Debugging Metal Slug 1 problem with CHA256 board

Just wanted to report back that this story has a happy ending! @Xian Xi I pulled the Neo-273 off the board you sent me, and popped it onto my CHA256, and BOOM! Came right up. THANKS DUDE!
  4. P

Is this AES dead?

Picked up an AES 3-4 revision for cheap this weekend, but it looks like it may be toast? Anyone ever seen this before? Power on without cart, and I get a weird flowing pattern on blue, which occasionally (not always) ends up in purple: http://sendvid.com/225cg6or When I boot with a cart, I...
  5. P

NEO-MVH MV1-1 no video, is 5v mod required?

Hey, Just picked up a NEO-MVH MV1-1, a MASSIVE 1-slot board, got it for a good price and figured I would try to do something with it. I hooked up RGB/sync/video ground and power (via the jamma connector) like I normally do to test, but I don't get any video output, not even a crosshatch. I...
  6. P

Debugging Metal Slug 1 problem with CHA256 board

I purchased an untested Metal Slug, and it has severe graphics corruption while playing. Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/WeH2e The corruption showed up even in the UniBIOS (program ROM) CRC cart check. As a test, I used the CHAFIO (second) board from my KOF99 board and put that in place of the...
  7. P

Interesting KOF99 (blue)

I just picked up a copy of KOF99 in a clear blue shell. It seems to work fine, but doesn't boot to the normal "MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC" intro, but instead goes into the game directly. During attract mode, every few minutes it will "reboot" to an orange-then-green screen and start attract mode...
  8. P

Info: Neo Geo CD gamepad pinout colors

Recently purchased a Neo Geo CD gamepad that was missing the DB15 connector and most of the cable. In case anyone needs it, here are the pinout colors that correspond to each of the wires on this particular controller: 1 Dark green = ground 2 nc 3 white 4 brown 5 red 6 purple 7 yellow 8 light...
  9. P

Graphics corruption on MV1FZ [Solved: not the system]

Hi, I'm new to the MVS and just picked up a MV1FZ (MV1FZSB) board, and it boots to the checkerboard screen with no cartridge in the system. However, when I try booting a game, I get the following (see gallery below for more images): Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/WeH2e...
  10. P

JP Neo Geo AES 3-5 rolling static and flicker/stutter

Just got my first AES and I was really excited to get to playing, but ran into an issue with video.. About my setup: * Japan serial number ~71,000 * version 3-5 mainboard * XRGB Framemeister with sync disabled (firmware 2.00A) * EuroSCART to XRGB adapter (no sync stripper) * Generic "neo geo...