Search results

1. mrchafe

MVS board, supergun, and MVS carts for sale

I'm clearing out my MVS stuff, and would love to give these a good home. Would prefer to sell for cash, but trades for AES games would definitely be nice. First up is my MVS board. It's a Neo-1F one-slot, in fully working order, which has worked a treat since I've owned it. The previous owner...
  2. mrchafe

AES in the UK

Hello again, Neo fans. Having a bit of money (which always helps) I've finally decided to give in to my desire and get an AES. I'd like a boxed console, but don't mind which region it's from. If anyone has one they'd like to part with, I'd be very interested indeed. Thanks!
  3. mrchafe

WTB: PAL Dreamcast and Saturn boxes

I inherited my Dreamcast from a friend without the box, and my Saturn came from eBay in one that leaves much to be desired. I'd quite like the packaging, so if anybody wouldn't mind losing theirs, and would be interested in selling it on to me, I'd be happy to give it a good home.
  4. mrchafe

Postage from the US to UK: 4-6 weeks?

Some background: I bought some Beta tapes on eBay on the 29th and paid that day. For postage, I chose USPS Global Priority Mail, which was listed as taking 4-6 working days. So yesterday I get the confirmation from the seller that they've shipped, telling me to expect the tapes in 4-6 weeks -...
  5. mrchafe

WTT: iBook G4 for PowerBook G4

My little iBook has served me excellently over the past year, but I could honestly do with a slightly larger screen or hard drive. To this end, I was wondering if anyone currently toting a PowerBook would be interested in trading for my iBook. It's the last generation iBook G4, with the...
  6. mrchafe

In praise of Vogatek superguns

This thing's really, amazingly good for what it does. Cost me £17ish on eBay, and it's absolutely perfect for MVS. It's a tiny little PCB (3x5", the width of a JAMMA harness) that slots straight onto the JAMMA edge connector, and has a coin button, ATX power input, SCART video output, 3.5mm...
  7. mrchafe

WTB: Controllers

I really need a second controller for my MVS setup. I have a single CD controller, which is absolutely fine, but I'd love to get some two-player goodness in, so a second is a must. Any type of controller would be fine - the CD pad isn't bad, though the sticks are rather desirable. If you have...
  8. mrchafe

Wanted: PAL Betamax video recorder

I'm looking for a working Betamax VCR, hopefully in the UK. It needs to be able to play and record tapes fine, other than that I'm really not fussy features wise (although SCARY is always a plus!) Please, anybody who has an old Beta they'd like to get rid of, let me know.
  9. mrchafe

Wanted: cheap but functional controller

Now my MV-1F can be used on SCART (hurrah for pre-made superguns) I'd like to get a controller or two. Condition really doesn't matter, nor does it being a new, old or CD style controller - if you have one spare that you'd like to let go of please let me know. I'm in the UK but all offers will...
  10. mrchafe

Consoleized MVS: picture keeps rolling

My MV-1F arrived today and so me and a friend have wired up a SCART connector to output an RGB picture so we can use a regular TV. (We're in the UK so this should work) Amazingly it almost works, except the picture constantly rolls. We've wired it up according to this via a SCART connector, all...
  11. mrchafe

WTB: Neo-Geo MVS (Edit: bought one!)

I'd like to buy a working MVS board to use for my crazy consoleisation project. Number of slots doesn't really matter, though the more the merrier, but controller ports would be a definite advantage, and a socketed BIOS is a must so I can easily swop in a UNIBIOS when the time is right. I'm in...
  12. mrchafe

WTB: AES BIOS

Since AES is expensive for the games I'm after I'm thinking of building a consoleised MVS system. I've pondered going for the UNIBIOS but I don't fancy having to set it to home mode every time I power it up (without a memory card), so I was thinking of swapping the MVS BIOS for an AES. What I'm...
  13. mrchafe

Newbie Supergun/MVS questions

Well since having a look on eBay, I think I might go the MVS route instead of AES in order to help my poor, screaming bank balance. So I was thinking of buying an MVS board and a supergun and rigging it up myself. Some questions, though: If I bought an MVS with controller ports, could I just...
  14. mrchafe

WTB: Neo-Geo AES, reasonably cheap; KOF '96

Over the summer I'll be earning a little money and would quite like to finally indulge in buying a Neo after having lusted after one for quite some time. It only has to really be in gamer's quality, though a box would be nice though not essential. A US one would be preferred, UK would be ideal...
  15. mrchafe

WTB: UK Sonic Pocket Adventure (NGPC)

Does anybody have a complete UK copy of Sonic Pocket Adventure, for the NGPC? The cartridges themselves are ten a penny on eBay, but I'd love to have the complete box (et al) to put on the special shelf. Thanks!
  16. mrchafe

Sun Sparcstation 10 clone - please take this off my hands

I have a Sun Sparcstation 10 clone made by Hyundai that I need to let go of. The machine's been sitting unloved for a while now, and I can't just throw away such an interesting piece of kit, so I'm offering it up to the good fellows on N-G.com to give a good home to. Internally the machine is...
  17. mrchafe

NGPC Games for sale: Neo Mystery Bonus and Pocket Tennis Color

Just this morning, I received a lovely bundle of NGPC games, and, of course, the NGPC to play them on. (Life is good once again!) Whilst I am really very happy with the collection, there are a couple of games I'm not too keen on that could go to better homes. I have virtually mint condition UK...
  18. mrchafe

Mrchafe's getting himself a new NGPC

Well, having wanted one for ages, I've finally decided to get a new Neo-Geo Pocket Colour, having been without for well over a year (I lost my original one at Centre Parks - and it had my Sonic cart in, too!). Browsing around I've found one of the 'new' console-and-six-games packs on...
  19. mrchafe

Dreamcast resetting itself - any idea why?

Recently my Dreamcast has been deciding it would rather not play ball with some of my games. This has happened before to me, and appeared to be fixed after I had removed the modem cable, but now it's back and I'm stumped as to what might be the cause of it. Even more oddly, it only affects...
  20. mrchafe

Who wants a 21" Sun monitor?

I've just come into possession of a very nice 21" Monitor for use with Sun workstations. The model number is GDM-1962B, and we are talking really damn big. So large in fact that shipping it may be difficult if not impossible. As I'm looking to get shot of it as soon as possible, I'm willing to...