Sun Sparcstation 10 clone - please take this off my hands

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a Sun Sparcstation 10 clone made by Hyundai that I need to let go of. The machine's been sitting unloved for a while now, and I can't just throw away such an interesting piece of kit, so I'm offering it up to the good fellows on N-G.com to give a good home to.

Internally the machine is identical to a Sun Sparcstation 10, with 1 (of a possible 4) CPU and internal hard and floppy drives. It has a SCSI CD-ROM drive, keyboard and optical mouse, as well as a nice large Sony Trinitron monitor (Sun badged).

The asking price? Anything, anything at all. I'm in the UK, so any shipping outside will be costly - collection from within the country will be ideal. Just give her a good home.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
mrchafe said:
I have a Sun Sparcstation 10 clone made by Hyundai that I need to let go of. The machine's been sitting unloved for a while now, and I can't just throw away such an interesting piece of kit, so I'm offering it up to the good fellows on N-G.com to give a good home to.

Internally the machine is identical to a Sun Sparcstation 10, with 1 (of a possible 4) CPU and internal hard and floppy drives. It has a SCSI CD-ROM drive, keyboard and optical mouse, as well as a nice large Sony Trinitron monitor (Sun badged).

The asking price? Anything, anything at all. I'm in the UK, so any shipping outside will be costly - collection from within the country will be ideal. Just give her a good home.

I'd so take that if I was in the UK :( I've got an Enterprise 250 that I could take home from work, but it's a monster... no desire for that in the house. An Ultra10 is perfect, is this about the same size? I've never seen the Hyundais.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
oh man I can't imagine the shipping :(

my girl would kill me

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's about 3 inches tall, and 16 inches square - don't know how big that is compared to other Sun machines. It's a pizza box-style case. I'll try and take a picture of it today if I can.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yeah, I got a good idea of the size, I'm more interested in the monitor more than anything, as I have an LX5 with keyboard and mouse that I have been dying to connect to a monitor for ages.. I netboot installed debian over a serial headless link, but meh a monitor would be the best.

the whole system would be cool though, I'd throw this one out then I guess and concentrate on that one. but meh, the space consumed!