Search results

1. T

Neo Geo homebrew status & WIP (Xevious etc)

Xevious Beta 2 release (including Super Xevious) is still waiting for me to fix some sound issues. I've been distracted... There are a few other projects in the works, including an imminent Beta release of Galaxian. During the development of Xevious I was working with jotd of Amiga fame to...
  2. T

Xevious for the Neo Geo Beta 1 released!

Get it while it's hot!!! For MAME, NeoSD and NGCD. Runs in tate mode! Download on itch.io
  3. T

Tonight I started my new homebrew project...

I'm guessing most of you will recognise it. 100% ASM transcode from the arcade code. 0.1% complete.
  4. T

WBT: Vertical Slot MVS

Preferably working, but I'm on a budget so would consider non-working depending on the fault. Also in Australia, so perhaps international postage would kill it for me - any Aussies have one they want to part with? After an MV-1C, or 2/4/6 slot board. I will not be consolizing it, but rather...
  5. T

NGX vs GCW-Zero

Hi Haters, Just received my GCW-Zero today. Wow, what a piece of shit! At least from a build-quality POV. The D-PAD is absolute rubbish, and the buttons stick. If you hate the NGX, stay well clear of the GCW-Zero!!! I'd take a jail-broken NGX over this, any day! Having said that, the GCW-Zero...
  6. T

Output pins on AES joystick ports?

Hi gurus, Just wondering what the three output pins on the AES joystick ports are used for? Were they ever used? There's no mention on the wiki that I can find that sheds any light on the situation! TIA Regards,
  7. T

Sourcing cart riser board connectors

Hi guys, I'm looking to source the MV1AX/MV1FZS connectors for the cartridge riser board. On the MV1AX they're labelled CN1,CN2 & CNVCC1. I actually need both genders, ie. for the system board and the riser board. It looks like CNVCC1 is this MOLEX part, but is no longer manufactured. :(...
  8. T

What are you playing and what games have you only just 'discovered' on the NGX?

Not being into fighters, I was mostly familiar with NAM-1975 and Metal Slug. So naturally that's what I've been playing on the NGX... Recently I've been getting bored with those so thought I'd try to play a few others, and I've discovered that I quite like Cyber Lip and Super Sidekicks. Last...
  9. T

Can't connect to docking station!?!

No matter how I jiggle and wiggle the thing, I can't get it to mate with the docking station. It's almost as if the audio plug is too long? Or it could be the HDMI connector alignment? Anyone else have this problem?
  10. T

MVS1AX & DTACK (again)

Hi Guys, A while back I posted a Q about a problem I had half-solved on my MVS1AX board. I found DTACK wasn't been driven so I pulled it active and now my board runs. Nightmare Tony was kind enough to reply to my post but I guess I wasn't clear enough about what I was after?!? I know what...
  11. T

DTACK failed?

Hi All, I've got an MVF-1A (from memory) which displayed garbled graphics on power-up and continually reset. Traced it to a bad DTACK to the 68K - pulled it active and my one-and-only game runs fine! Any ideas on the cause? Anyone with schematics that can tell me what generates this signal? or...
  12. T

Attn: Nightmare Tony - heavy tech Q

Hi Nightmare Tony, I'm told you're an ex NeoGeo tech? If so, perhaps you can help me?!? I've got a faulty MV1AX. The original symptom was garbled graphics at powerup - forever. I've traced the fault to the M68K DTACK# line - it's never asserted. If I short it to GND, then it runs OK and I can...
  13. T

dead MV1FZ

Hi all, I have a MV1FZ which powers on but does nothing but display garbled (mostly green) graphics on the screen (with/without a cart inserted). Was wondering if this was a common problem and is there a known solution? Alternatively, is there somewhere I can obtain the schematics? TIA Regards,