Search results

1. BerryTogart

Castlevania III - Walking stairs and controlling Grant

I recently re-picked up Castlevania III (currently I don't have my full retro setup and bought the XBox Collection) and what kills me most is walking stairs and trying to control Grant. (the climbing sailor). It's insane how often I die by trying to walk down stairs and my character just drops...
  2. BerryTogart

Transformers Combiners for kids

Ok my son took a liking to toys that can transform, so I need GohanX in this thread. What's the current quality toy equivalent of the Construction worker transformers that managed to transform into an even bigger robot when you stick them together. (If I remember correctly we had that stuff as...
  3. BerryTogart

PC fightpad recommendation

Does anyone have experience with PC fightpads? I got Guilty Gear Xrd on Steam which plays quite well on my laptop, but the Xbox USB Controller is a bit of a pain to play with. Are there any recommended pads you know of, I have an arcade stick with usb but not always the time/space/interest to...
  4. BerryTogart

LG 4K Widescreen - stays black after initial power on

Long shot but perhaps someone has an idea. I have a LG 4K screen here that was bought some time ago on amazon and which I received with the problems I'll state below. Amazon did send a replacement and never did want the damaged screen back in the first place. I can just dispose it, but then...
  5. BerryTogart

Sharp Twin Fami RGB LemModded w. n8, megadrive with everdrive, saturn modded

I have a couple of consoles here which don't really get the attention they deserve. While I have no problem with storing them away for a later time when that might change, I thought I'll offer the stuff out to the forum, as most of the consoles were picked up here. (People who sold me the stuff...
  6. BerryTogart

[WTB] Dreamcast/Saturn games (Vampire Chronicles for matching service, etc.)

I'm looking to pick up some DC and/or Saturn games. (NTSC) - Vampire Chronicles for matching service - Marvel VS Capcom 2 - Marvel Super Heroes - Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter - Gigawing 2 - Capcom vs SNK Pro 2000 - Capcom vs SNK 2 - Street Fighter Collection (the one with Alpha 2 Gold)...
  7. BerryTogart

Fighting games - Cancels: Which games are good to learn/practice them, gamespeed options

I recently did put a bit of my little spare time into SFA2 Gold on the Saturn and started to look a bit more into cancels. There are a couple of things I wonder about: For those who have more or less "mastered" cancels in fighting games: How does gamespeed affect your performance? Personally I...
  8. BerryTogart

Looking for Dreamcast Euro-Keyboards (should be HKT-7632)

Anyone who can hook me up with 2 DC keyboards euro layout for TotD on DC? (if someone has a TotD original to sell away with them let me know too, but that can be solved) Given how common they were the local prices seem to be a bit inflated. thanks, Berry
  9. BerryTogart

AMD Grafikkarten in 4K Cabs

https://www.golem.de/news/e9560-e9390-amd-bringt-pcie-karten-fuer-4k-spieleautomaten-1910-144414.html Golem hat einen kleinen Artikel zu Embedded Radeon E9560/E9390 sind PCIe-Steckkarten gebracht, eventuell für ein paar von Euch interessant.
  10. BerryTogart

[WTB] PS Vita - due to shipping most probably EU zone

picked up devices locally
  11. BerryTogart

Playstation Portable Consoles - Best model / best emulation / best games

Wataru recommended to pull some of my questions I had as follow up in the open - so here we go: 1. What do you guys consider the best PSP hardware revision? 2. Which version is best for arcade (MAME) emulation (web search nets results from "everything is awesome" up to "NeoGeo and CPS1 runs...
  12. BerryTogart

Best portable Emulation device (MAME)

It seems there are a ton of options out there in regards to portable emulation. As I would like to participate a bit more in the shmup of the month, but find myself reluctant to fire up the PC each time I could squeeze a round or two in this leaves the question: Can you recommend a handheld for...
  13. BerryTogart

Raiden III and IV currently discounted on GOG ($1,49 per game)

https://www.gog.com/game/raiden_iv_overkill https://www.gog.com/game/raiden_3_digital_edition
  14. BerryTogart

Your favorite level(s) in any games and why

There are a bunch of different reasons why one might enjoy specific levels of a game. While backgrounds in fighting games have been discussed a lot (and rightly so) I'd be interested in your opinons on what makes a specific level in a specific game great. I'll start off with a well beloved...
  15. BerryTogart

SOTM August 2019: Who's hosting?

In the yearly overview I did offer to host the SOTM in August if we can't find anyone else who'll do it. I stand by my offer, have to consider some timings though: We can do the votes starting today, until Monday 29th (July). I'll not be able to update the scoreboard with the results until...
  16. BerryTogart

XBone(X) fighting stick

Finally picked up an XBone and of course the 360 controllers are not compatible. I still have my LemStick with Cthulhu Mod for most of the consoles, however it looks as I'll have to pick up a new one for the XBone over time. Some basic research didn't net many results, it seems the only major...
  17. BerryTogart

Sine Mora EX strategy - Stage 1 Score Attack

Hi folks - as there are quite some shooter experts out there I'd like to ask who of you plays Sine Mora EX? I picked this up a month ago and have to say I haven't been enjoying a shooter that much since Deathsmiles. Different modes, different options, unlocks, unique twists like the slowing of...
  18. BerryTogart

Full Neo Geo MVS Setup (Windy Gaming Supergun, Neo Geo Board) incl. ScartAdapter and KoF98

Hi Community, I'm selling of my replacement NeoGeo Setup. I had big dreams of acquiring a Warzard CPS3 and gaming on the Windy with the added benefit of having a replacement board and one original cart if my CMVS setup breaks down. With the NeoSD out and stuff it seems more feasible to switch...
  19. BerryTogart

[SALE] Gameboy Micro and Games

Selling a Gameboy Micro loose. Rechargeable and working along with euro psu and case. Slight wear on the display, not really recognizable when gaming imho. Had the effect that on some startups the bottom line of pixels was flickering, I'm only listing this for sakeness of completeness as I had...
  20. BerryTogart

How long does your average console hardware last? Which setup do you have?

I've had very little time on my hands to spare for console gaming recently and looking at my console shelf I wonder - what's your average lifespan for a console? I thought about safely storing some of them away for some time (any tips for that btw?) and re-pick them up when more time becomes...