Search results

1. DEL 707

Replacing batteries in SNES carts

Can anyone help me out. Sat down today to replace the batteries on some SNES carts, rather then just replace the batteries, I though I'd put in a battery holder. However, the battery holders I've bought are too fat. Can anyone link me some battery holders that will do the job? Hopefully...
  2. DEL 707

Modding a SNES

Hoping some can answer a stupid question for me. I'm hoping to mod my UK PAL Snes console. A 60Hz switch and disable the lockon. I'm going to attempt to follow the guide here. http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-5060hz-switch-with-lockout-switch After reading this bit, I'm a little worried...
  3. DEL 707

Is my MVS setup safe?

I've got 2 MVS boards with sound problems, 1 worked fine for 6 months, the other, I'm pretty sure it was dodgy when it arrived, but I am worried that there's a trend here. Before I go looking for another MVS, I wouldn't mind people looking over my setup. Nothing fancy, just a wooden box...
  4. DEL 707

Learning how to repair, repair equiptment, resources and trusted repairers

At the moment I have 2 boards with Z80 error, I also have no clue what I'm doing. People have been great in trying to help me, but unfortunately, most of it has been sailing over my head. I want to learn about what I'm trying to do here, can anyone recommend some basic reading into the...
  5. DEL 707

New MVS, new problems

So I got a new MVS to replace my old Z80'd board. Arrived yesterday, traveling all the way from sunny South Korea. The board is a MV-1FZ and my old 1 was a MV-1FZS, so I thought I would literally be able to plug and play just by swapping over the JAMMA connector. Sadly this has NOT been the...
  6. DEL 707

Z80 Error

Well if ain't 1 thing, it's another. Just went to play a bit of Pulstar and had this odd moment where the game music was playing through the Neo Geo flash screen. Went to play the game and got no sound at all. Tried it with 2 other games and again, no sound. Went into the Universal BIOS (3.2)...
  7. DEL 707

Pulstar

Had a look at this myself, seems identical to the scans. But wouldn't mind someone else with more experience having a look at these pictures to make sure I have the genuine article.
  8. DEL 707

Ninja Combat - No sound

My latest purchase turned up today, Ninja Combat for the MVS, but as the title suggests, I have no sound. I've used some DeoxIT and cotten buds and cleaned the connector contacts, got a fair amount of shit off them, but still no sound. Tried out a few other games just to make my MVS wasn't...
  9. DEL 707

Shops that sold Neo Geo

Back in the day, the only reason I knew that Neo Geo had a home console, was from computer mags. But I never saw an AES or it's games in the shops, the only places I saw selling them were mail order shops in the mags. I lived in London at the time, so I did most of my game shopping over the...
  10. DEL 707

Lines on the screen

Not much of a fault, more of a slight annoyance. I have a MVS MV-FZ1, connected up to my TV via RGB scart. All working fine, but sometimes on the TV I can see what looks like very faint lines moving diagonally across the screen. It's most noticeable on the white Neo Geo startup screen. Any...
  11. DEL 707

DEL 707's collection

It started over a year ago, dreams, nightmares, of walking through massive computer shops, looking for Neo Geo games, I found tons of Master System games, but no matter what shop, or how many staff I asked, I never found a single 1. The dreams continues, madness began to creep it, that Neo Geo...
  12. DEL 707

UK MVS Owners, where to buy parts?

I've decided to have the awesome adventure,that is consolizing a MVS. But I've already hit a few major snags, I don't know where to get any of the parts I need :oh_no:. So far I have. MVS MV-1FZ. 5v 8a PSU. JAMMA Harness. I'm missing all the little pieces, 8 pin female connector, PSU...