Search results

1. C

Controller port pin 9 usage?

tl;dr - On the controller ports of the Omega MVS, pins 4 (button 4 / D) and 9 are connected together. If I disconnect pin 9, will I lose any real functionality from this? So, some pinouts seem to show button 4 (D) being connected to both pins 4 and 9 on the DB15 controller port...
  2. C

WTB: Candy cab(s)

I'm wanting to buy a candy cab, or maybe 2 depending on price/luck. What kind of candy cab? I'm mostly looking to play 15khz JAMMA PCBs, so New Astro City cab or a Egret 2 cab might be the ideal choices. A Blast City cab might also work. I might be open to other CRT based candy cabs depending...
  3. C

WTB: ANY cheap CPS2 B board (suicided/working/etc.)

I should have a Darksoft CPS2 multikit in the coming weeks, so I'll need a CPS2 B board to integrate it with. It needs to be a USA or JPN board (since all my A boards are USA), and the shell needs to be intact. Decent or good cosmetic condition is preferred, but not necessarily required. I'd...
  4. C

WTB: Neo Geo 1-slot CPO (and plexi would be nice too)

Looking for a replacement 1 slot CPO since mine is in bad shape. Looks like this https://i.imgur.com/elnsMMJ.jpg The plexi cover would be nice too, but not required since I could maybe get that made.
  5. C

Did Neo Geo MVS cabinets include plexi CPO covers from the factory?

Just wondering if Neo Geo MVS cabs (particularly 1 slot, but I doubt it's different on multi slots) came with a plexiglass cover over the control panel overlay when manufactured, or if they're only present because they were added by arcade operators?
  6. C

WTT: Magician Lord AES for Magician Lord MVS

So basically my AES is packed up in the closet, never gets used anymore, and I don't really have a good place to set it up anyway. All my Neo-ing gets done on my Omega now, so I'd like to have a (legit) copy of Magician Lord for MVS Here's pictures of my AES copy http://imgur.com/a/5dHYG The...
  7. C

WTB: Garou MotW MVS

Looking for these 2 games. Message me if you've got either of them for sale. Thanks. EDIT: King of the Monsters 2 and SamSho2 are in the process of being obtained. Now looking for Garou MotW MVS cart (region doesn't matter, but I want the boards to be original)
  8. C

Crackling/scratchy audio. Not sure if cart(s) or Omega CMVS

I have a handful of MVS carts, but I've noticed some scratchy sound on 2 games. (might need to try some of my other games in depth to see if it happens on them too periodically) A week or two ago I booted up Last Blade 2, and there was scratchy audio in the intro. The very beginning with piano...
  9. C

WTB: Slug collection complete, disregard thread

I'm not too picky about condition as long as it's the original boards in good working order. I don't care too much if it's a repro shell or repro label, but I'd like it to be a better label than masking tape with the name written in marker :P I can pay via Paypal. EDIT: Metal Slug 1 and 3 on...
  10. C

SNK MVS Convertor plus 2011 version HORROR STORY

I've had the absolute worst experience buying one of these. My wife ordered one of these as an xmas present for me before DavidG had announced his own converter. The only place we could find this newest 2011 version was at www.ic2005.com (DO NOT BUY FROM THERE) which is based in Hong Kong. Well...
  11. C

FS: Super MVS Convertor plus 2011

Why I'm selling it: Ok, this will be a bit of a lenghty description/explanation. I wanted a refund for this from the original retailer but they refused a refund. I filed a complaint with Paypal and won, but I have to return the item (and have tracking) and I'll get a refund once the tracking...
  12. C

Blazing Star garbled music

I'll get straight to the point: I have a 3-6 revision AES which I'm trying to play a Blazing Star MVS cart on using a Super MVS Convertor plus 2011 version. The graphics work fine and apparently the sound effects do too, but the music is loud and garbled. It doesn't even resemble the music...
  13. C

Super MVS Convertor plus 2011

I got mine in today :) .....but my MVS Blazing Star cart won't be in until tomorrow though, so I have to wait till then to test it :( Anybody have any experience with this newer version (especially compared to the previous version)? I'll post my experience with Blazing Star tomorrow.
  14. C

Need knowledge about Super MVS Converter II

I hear lots of vague compatibility information about the converter, but I need to know more than vague assertions to help me decide whether or not to buy one. Also, I know people will suggest I just get a CMVS instead but I have no interest in that. I don't have room for another console and the...
  15. C

Neo games made obselete by their sequels?

As a way to try to keep from spending too much money I'm trying to figure out which Neo games not to get that I want but are technically pointless. For example, If I'm not mistaken isn't Fatal Fury Special basically an enhanced version of Fatal Fury 2? If that's the case would there be any...
  16. C

AES censorship clarification?

I know if the region on an AES is set to US that there's censorship but there's some details I'm not clear on. I have a JPN AES and I wanted English text but I knew about the censorship. I was (apparently wrongly) told that if you set the region to EUR that there would be no censorship. After...
  17. C

Need help/suggestions for my XRGB-3 set up

I have a XRGB-3, but the problem is with it only having 1 RGB SCART style port (note that I do have a cable that converts the pinout from JPN RGB to Euro RGB). I have 9 or 10 retro consoles that are setup for RGB and currently I just have all the cable ends sitting next to the XRGB-3 with labels...
  18. C

Is every King of Fighters game worthwhile?

I was wanting to get some opinions from Neo fans on the KoF games (mainly ones on Neo hardware, but feel free to comment on others). I'm trying to figure out what my ideal AES collection would be and I know I want some KoF games in it, but I'm not sure all of them are worth it or if there's just...
  19. C

AES Collectors: US or JPN (or EUR) region?

This question is more geared towards people who also want to play most of the AES games they buy, but also enjoy collecting them. How big of a role does the region of the game come into play for you? Since the bios of the system determines the language, there's no gameplay reason to pick one...
  20. C

Just joined the Neo Geo AES club, need enlightenment.

I just found a boxed Neo Geo AES last week in an actual physical store and couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately they knew what they had so I still had to pay a hefty amount for it, but I think it was a decent price compared to ebay. Here's a pic of took of it (SNES cart was for size comparison for...