Need knowledge about Super MVS Converter II

cr4zymanz0r

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hear lots of vague compatibility information about the converter, but I need to know more than vague assertions to help me decide whether or not to buy one. Also, I know people will suggest I just get a CMVS instead but I have no interest in that. I don't have room for another console and the AES looks much sexier :lolz:.

I plan on buying mostly AES games, but I mainly want the converter for some of the more outrageously priced games I want such as Blazing Star. I really don't want to spend $750+ on the AES version. My console revision is 3-6 which I hear has more issues with the converter, but I never really hear specifics.

Anyway, down to business. I know about the scaling/zooming issue in some games but I don't plan on buying MVS carts of them so that doesn't really worry me. One thing I would like to work is Metal Slug X but i hear that it only supposedly works with the converter if you have a certain revision AES or something else.

Another thing I want to know about is the optional AC adapter to use when using the converter. It's another case of me only seeing vague information that some revision AES systems might need it. Is there a guide or anything to determine if I actually need it for my system? Does it just help with a couple of problem games and if so what are they? Any info would be appreciated. Also, if there really is an issue with the converter on different AES revisions, are there any mods I can do to my AES or the converter to increase compatibility?

If nothing else, I'd like to hear people's first hand experience using the converter on a 3-6 revision AES. For reference, these are the games I'd be getting the converter for:

1.) Blazing Star (if this won't work properly, then I practically don't want the converter)
2.) Metal Slug series (I guess not every game would be required to work, but the more the better)
3.) Garou: Mark of the Wolves (not required, but it'd be nice)
4.) Pulstar (would be a nice bonus)

I'm sure if I had the converter I'd get more MVS games than that, but just getting the converter and Blazing Star MVS alone would save me a ton.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Read any of the DavidG threads in Tech Support. He has the fixes for ALL MVS to AES converters.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
1.) Blazing Star (if this won't work properly, then I practically don't want the converter)
2.) Metal Slug series (I guess not every game would be required to work, but the more the better)
3.) Garou: Mark of the Wolves (not required, but it'd be nice)
4.) Pulstar (would be a nice bonus)

I have a super converter II (blue led) and can confirm mine worked with all of the above games (including all of the Slugs). The only problem I had with Slug X is that it did occasionally reset a handful of times...maybe 5 times out of 100s of playthoughs.

I have a US system and have meant to check what revision board i have...but have been lazy. I will honestly try and do it soon, but feel free to remind/bug me via pm if I forget to again :)

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
I have used my Super MVS Converter II (blue LED) for Blazing Star and Metal Slug 1, 2 and X quite a bit. Put many hours into all of those games with it and never had any problems.

bah, just noticed the necropost. Gotta keep an eye on those dates!

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Maybe a stupid question, but what is a revision board and how do you know if you have one?

I have a Japanese AES And have had no issues playing any MVS carts. I have Last Blade 1 & 2, Kizuna Encounter, and Breaker's Revenge. The scaling doesn't bother me too much since I'm always moving forward in the fighting games.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Revision = Minor or major alteration to a previous version. NGH revision 3-6 is worse than the preceeding revision, 3-5, for example.